• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Gunvolt

Due to Gunvolt's resistance to electricity, absorbsion of electricity and negation of similar things in others; their 7-B forms wouldn't be fair to use, and it's only a ~5.8x AP difference with these versions.

Rules: Speed Equalized. This is Gunvolt with Mytyl's Anthem (Meaning unlimited EP and spamming offensive skills like Astrasphere) and base inFAMOUS 2 Cole without vampire powers. The battle takes place in an abandoned city. Otherwise SBA.

Gunvolt2
Cole-macgrath-psallstars
Gunvolt:
Cole MacGrath:

Inconclusive:

So what can Gunvolt do here.

Cole not only one shots given his upscaling but also resists electricity and absorbtion as well as power null.

Cole is stronger then the Beast who performed 978 Megatons accidentally by waking up.

Gunvolts upscaling kinda does not matter if Cole upscales that much from a feat already over 5x stronger

Secondary thing, Gunvolt ignores Electricity Resistance? Or simply overpowers it through AP? Because Cole does the exact same thing.

The 5.8x AP difference was taking the 1.8 gigaton feat of the best into account when put against Gunvolt's 311.5 megaton feat. If we use the 978 megaton feat, than the difference is only ~3.1x

His resistance negation comes from his fight with Asimov, where both Azure Strikers were able to damage each other with electricity despite an Azure Striker's Electricity Resistance/Absorbsion.

Cole is capable of defeating David Warner who can passively drain electricity and even the neurons of a person's brain by simply being near them.

Not seeing what Gunvolt can really do here.

No he doesn't, unless his file is outdated

He only has the ability to negate absorbtion, which is countered by Cole resisting powernull

It wasn't listed as resistance to absorbtion at the request of another member. It's considered similar to resistance negation, where it's more bypassing it than negating.

It wasn't accepted as powernull. Powernull is linked due to powernull being considered "Negation". It wasn't expected to have this sort of situation happen. I'll contact the member in question to clarify.

I mean if it's bypassing resistance through potency then Cole shunts it since he's much stronger

It is not bypassing resistance through potency. He bypasses the electricity resistance of his equal.

You can bypass Resistance to Electricity of your Equal if you constantly overload them with attacks, resistance doesn't mean you can't be hurt

Also emphasis on Equal, Cole is stronger by a mile

Explain, because this isn't any different from what happens in InFAMOUS.

Cole vs Kessler: Dude absorbs electricity and uses it in his own attacks, Cole overloaded him with so many attacks it eventually incapacitated and killed him

David absorbs electricity and grows stronger from it passively, but being hit by so many attacks and a lightning storm (Which one shots people on Cole's level) killed him.

@Schnee

Gunvolt is able to absorb a large amount of electricity on his own level, and could probably prevade anything else.

@Wright

...?

What you're listing as resistance negation is literally just what Cole does and yet, we don't count him as having it.

I mean, Gunvolt is able to damage characters who are immune to electricity on his level with electricity. It's more bypassing resistance than negating, however.

I don't get this.

You are immune to electricity from someone equal to you, but Gunvolt just negates this and this for some reason isn't powernull?

Unless Gunvolt just overpowers it with AP and repeated attacks, which is far more plausible.

Regardless Gunvolt can't bypass Cole's resistance to electricity due to the strength difference, but Cole can.

Okay, I'm starting to understand the confusion here, lemme type up something to have things make sense for us

From what I understand, the argument is as such:

Cole can absorb GV, and we're trying to debate if it works or not?

The argument is this

Gunvolt defeats people immune to electricity, but we are questioning exactly how he did it.

Cole defeated people in his own verse resistant to electricity, we used to treat Cole as bypassing or negating the resistance, but we came to a much more logical conclusion that he simply overpowers it through AP and constant attacks.

It seems to be almost the exact same case here.

By any chance, whoever stated that Gunvolt can bypass electricity resistance, was it Bobsican?

I see, because we used to bring that up in Pokemon threads he made, I thought he may have gotten confused

Aaah, I see

Well, the issue here is that Gunvolt's resistance is weird. Very weird. Issue is that Gunvolt has never ever have been hurt by electricity in anyway except from Asimov himself. Even against Copen, who harnessed the very same Septima using Asimov's blood was unable to hurt Gunvolt (in fact, he absorbed it), yet, Asimov himself was able to hurt him.

If the AP Theory were to apply to the Gunvolt universe, it wouldn't exactly make too much sense. Gunvolt at the time of his fight with Asimov, is protrayed to be the weaker Azure Striker, even with Lumen's help (evidence being that he goes down to Asimov's attacks much easier than Asimov goes down to him, and Asimov's Voltaic Chains basically is meant to one shot). Not even Gunvolt's Skills like Luxcaliber or his own Voltaic Chains is unable to get by Asimov's Prevasion, yet Asimov's Chains can get past his.

If we were to apply the AP thing, that means that Gunvolt is completely unable to hurt Asimov... but he does. So, it's most likely that the Septimas themselves cancel each other out.

Last edited:
I always knew this match would come, it was only a matter of time

Well really depends on how the AP vs negation thing goes since Cole pretty much meets all the above mentioned feats.

Cole is shown pretty much no selling every electrocution attempt he meets. This includes having enough juice pass through him to power up several city blocks and to cause black outs in parts of the city with his storms.

The only electricity that has shown to hurt him is that from other Conduits, such as Kessler (who is literally just Cole from the future, so Cole is getting hurt by his own attacks) and David. And they're more or less equal in AP.

Besides that, Cole doesn't just rely on lighting. Most of no other attacks rely on kinetic energy explosions or ice.

Question to people who've been following this match so far: Would it be fair if I used 7-B for both instead of this?

Cole has a massive AP advantage as a 7B as well, just not as high as currently

BTW since they actually do negate resistance on an Equal Level, that's out of the question as Cole Resists Powernull

Fair enough, thought it was a subset but I was wrong.

Then again negating electricity resistance doesn't change the fact that his AP isn't high enough to damage Cole

So basically I should change it to their 7-B versions. Just so you know, their AP is ~34 Megatons for GV and appears to be 27.54 Megatons for Cole if I'm not mistaking anything (It's not the 55 Megaton part of the calc since it's not City level+)

Back