• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TTGL - Probability Manipulation and Durability Negation

From what I can see from watching TTGL and my understanding of probability manipulation, the protagonists' probability manipulation only allows their hits to land on the enemy and the enemy's hits to miss them. How does this relate to Durability Negation?

I do not know why it has durability negation. Sorry. But I would appreciate more community input.

I don't know either, I was told it's probability Manipulation can drop your hit ratio to 0, decrease your chances of winning and negate your durability.

One possible application could be the possibility of an attack ignoring durability could be 100%.

The actual dialogue is something along the lines of "These Probability Altering Missiles negate the probability of defending against them" - it can be interpreted as Durability Negation

Thee was also when TTGL was pretty much incapable of significantly harming Granzeboma normally, but the Probability Alteration Missiles succeeded in causing him harm.

The way the show treats it is something like - without Probability Manipulation it would have been impossible to hurt the Anti-Spiral in the universe created by them (The Anti-Spiral)

There's nothing about attacks landing or not ...

The Everlasting said:
Thee was also when TTGL was pretty much incapable of significantly harming Granzeboma normally, but the Probability Alteration Missiles succeeded in causing him harm.
So that's all it's shown to do with it's probability manipulation, create missels that gain the probability of harming someone it could not hurt.

@Griffin

And presumably bypassing barriers, or at least that's what the Ashtanga used it for.

The probability of TTLG defeating Anti Spiral was 0, but probability manipulation allowed them to win. So it allows weaker characters to beat stronger characters. It's a definite hax, but I'm not sure if that negates durability though

It negates the probability of higher durability of your opponent preventing you from dealing damage, as such in my opinion the ability is justified.

Hmm I guess it's fine then, since the probability of hurting Anti Spiral was 0 initially because of vastly higher durability, but it still hurt Anti Spiral. Hurting/beating much stronger character via hax is durability negation, I guess

The Everlasting said:

This comment probably answers the main question in this thread.

The Probability Alternation Missiles adjust the probability so that the chances of those missiles hurting Granzeboma would be certain.

Back