• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless i'm missing something, this is kind of unbalanced, no?

I mean 5pb. has better everything

Okay, so what does he start with?

5pb. has the range advantage, and can inflict various status ailments with any attack

Looking at Varia Arc Tsuna's feats, I'm going to be going for 5pb due to her having a lot of advantages over Tsuna.

My main reasons are:

• 5pb. has the AP & Range advantage.
  • Tsuna's absorption does not cover sound, so he does not really have much of a way around her sound manipulation, which is her main source of attacking.
  • 5pb. can gain resistance passively to Tsuna's elemental attacks via Game Discs. This gives her an even bigger advantage than what she already has over him.

5pb seems to have a massive versatility advantage here, but I have absolutely no clue how she uses her abilities, as the Notable Attacks/Techniques section is fairly bare. If anyone could come through with a description of how she fights and how her abilities work, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, just want to point out that Tsuna's flames aren't really an element. Closest they get to fire is them giving off heat. They're a special type of life energy. So unless she can adapt to that nature of attack, then she won't be able to gain resistance to his attacks.

The reason why you're most likely not finding her notable attacks helpful is due to the descriptions being ripped straight from the games, which aren't meant for specifics. But I'll be glad to look into this to ensure a fair outcome.

As for how she fights, you might want to ask Genks about that since he knows better than I do about the specifics of particular characters/characters in general.

Glad you brought up Tsuna's flames not being elemental, especially since I'm not all that aware of him.

Here are the possible defences that 5pb can equip for a passive effect with Game Discs, do you consider Life Energy to be in any one of those categories?

• Human
  • Dragon
  • Ghost
  • Insect
  • Plant
  • Aquatic
  • Slime
  • Avian
  • Data
  • Alien
  • Animal
  • Machine
  • Inorganic
If not, I might have to rethink my previous statement.

Thank you.

Life energy isn't alive, so the closest thing would something like pure energy. It seems most of the things she can absorb have some kind of solid physical form, outside of maybe ghosts.

Can she only equip one ability at a time?

I quickly went back into the first Neptunia Game (Re;Birth 1) to take a look at the Game Discs, and it appears that yes, effects can be stacked on top of each other (but obviously to a certain extent, due to obvious gameplay and difficulty balancing reasons).

However, take my statement with a grain of salt, as I currently do not know if the more recent games, that I haven't played yet, such as Neptunia VII, have changed this system (however, Re;Birth 2 and 3's "Disc Development" system is pretty much identical to the first game). Once again, this is a question that Genks can answer better than me at this point in time.

Any other questions before I rethink my statement?

Game discs are a piece of equipment, so of course she has them from the start, it's not like she changes them mid battle. And she doesn't absorb them, she just resists. Also Peed you forgot physical, magical and elemental attacks resistances.

Btw in character she'd start with singing which is her basic method of attacking, and considering the range advantage she'd be able to hit him from the start, and her hits have a chance of inflicting either paralysis, poison or power null.

Unless he comes in CQC range she won't resort to physical hits with her guitar duh, but sooner or later she'd use plasma oven, which turns the target into plasma with an electric orb like this
Plasma-Oven

The plasma orbs can be dodged. In particular with flight.

I agree that her using sound manipulation will be an advantage. But once he closee the distance, it seems like he might be better of. Mobile style of CQC, absorption of energy based attacks, freezing the body or energy attacks.

It won't be that easy to get close tho

Every note or chord is like being hit by a 20~ kilotons mace with a good chance of paralyzing, poisoning or power nulling. Once those start to affect him he won't last longer. Also depending on the moves she uses the chances of inflicting either paralysis or power null increase drastically

And these are purely sound based attacks? With no kind of overtly energetic element to them?

If so, she takes it very handily. If Tsuna can't close the distance, then there's literally nothing he can really do.

First....

I ask two questions of the people who are experts on 5pb.'s verse....

1. What has her poison been shown to accomplish in-canon?

2. How long does her paralysis work?

Also, if her power null is based on

• Sforzando: "This breezy beat will seal an enemy's skills."
Tsuna could probably resist, simply based on the fact that he can melt ZPB which seals dying will flames.

Also, I have a question pertaining to her ability to strengthen the just and weaken the corrupt...would she also strengthen her opponent in a vs battle if they are "Just"?

1- Her poison works on machines, ghosts and data, so it's not biological

2- 3 turns in game iirc, dunno how long it would be here, but considering there can be up to 10 characters in a battle it can take a while for them to pass but... this sounds really game mechanicky though

3- Not only that, as she can also power null with any attack due to equipment. If she uses that one she just has higher chance to apply it. But yeah it's a skill seal.

About that ability, it's not elaborated upon in canon so I have no idea. She still has other means to strenghten herself iirc

So her sound manages to produce flames, poison, etc without any special energy other than sound? I don't quite understand how that's possible. Paralysis and power null I can kind of understand, but I don't see how her sound manipulation can produce other elemental powers.

Do you guys have any clips or pictures that would be useful in understanding? Like the plasma shot that was shown above?

She can't produce flames or other elemental powers tho, almost all she has in her profile is resistances, starting from the resistance to knockback.

About the poison, it's due to a piece of equipment that gives a passive chance of inflicting the status, she doesn't have an actual move that inflicts poison by itself.

Gotcha. Thank you.

In that case I'll stick with her. Not sure if it's a stomp, as if Tsuna gets in close he should clean up pretty. So I'd say that it's pretty decisive in her favor, since Tsuna can't efficiently close in at all both due to the nature of the attacks, their AoE, and his lack of ranged options.

Huh. Those are some pretty good arguments for the pop star. I'll go with 5pb FRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back