• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

True Dark Genie Tier Revision (Upgrade)

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I'm going to point out a few things before we get this going. This in no way, shape, or form scales to anyone else in the verse. Nothing else will be effected by this.

Currently True Dark Genie has a Low 2-C key. It's profile is going to be updated once my other thread about it and this one are done. Anyway TDG was not going to just spread his consciousness across one timeline and absorb it. He was actually going to do this to an endless amount of timelines!.

Dark Cloud
The beginning of Dark Cloud starts of with someone telling us that a book was discovered in some Ancient Ruins and after it was decoded it told of a boy's adventure in a world that had two moons. The person telling us this story lives in a world where only on moon exists which is why they state no one knows if this story is true or just something that was in the boys heart aka his imagination.

https://youtu.be/uyva7gZBelY (0:00 to 0:27 it the dialogue of the person talking about the book they found)

At the end of the game, Toan travels to the past and defeats TDG and brings back Seda's wife Sophia which erases Seda's hatred, which in turn destroys TDG however the Fairy King states that it's only gone for now but will return just not for some time. He then sends Toan back to his present time and we see that Xiao is now back to her cat form and Toan heads back to his Village the end.

https://youtu.be/GTThLsm9hIg (At 20:45 the Fairy King states that it will not return, at least not for some time)

Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle
Dark Cloud 2, also known as Dark Chronicle takes place in a world with similar things as the first game, mainly a few character like Master Utan and Osmond, and this world has two moons just like the first game. This game starts off with Max telling use his story that he went through and is writing in a book.

Throughout the game Max and Monica go back and forth through time, trying to restore the origin points of several places and people that Emperor Griffin's crew destroyed by traveling through time and killing or destroying their origin points. Later in the story, Monica states that something is different about her timeline after the restored an origin point. Max then states that because they are jumping back and forth through time, history itself is changing. He also states that even Emperor Griffin is taking part in the creation of a new world.

https://youtu.be/Ig2_vLhPFPE (At 28:15 Monica says that history is changing itself when they go back in time to create a new world. Max goes on to say that the history you know is not the one true history. He goes on to state that while they have been fixing Griffon's changes in time, they have also been adding new flows to it. He even goes on to state that you could say even Griffon is playing a necessary role in creating a completely new history.)

This would be what Toan did after he saved Sophia. While Toan's timeline still existed, Seda and Sophia's timeline became a different one so they could create a new world that is different from the original.

At the end of the game, Max and Monica fight and defeat Dark Element. Sirus then uses his magic to return the second moon to nothing, and Monica returns to her time and Max goes home. Max finishes up his narration telling us was his story just a long dream, will people in the next generation even remember that there use to be two moons in the sky?.

This ending likely connects with the beginning of the first game as I linked the beginning where the person talking lives in a world where there aren't two moons which suggests the are the later generation Max is referring to. Toan also told Sophia of his adventure which would let us know why there is a book in their timeline that talks about him.

Conclusion: Dark Cloud 2 tells us that when someone time travels and changes something, history creates a new timeline different from the other. This means when Toan traveled back in time and defeated TDG and brought back Sophia, history created a different timeline. Even Sophia states that the boy called out to her, telling her all about his adventure. She tells Seda that they are going to create a different world, a better world.

https://youtu.be/GTThLsm9hIg (At 21:43 to 22:15 Sophia tells Seda about how Toan told her about his adventure to create a better world and states they still have a chance to do the same)

Dark Cloud 2 actually takes place in the other timeline that Toan created by going back in the past. This is backed up by the fact that King Raybrant and his wife look exactly like Seda and Sophia, King Raybrant's castle at the beginning of Dark Cloud 2 looks like Seda's castle in Dark Cloud.

https://youtu.be/kY4l8BYYmpo (At 0:57 you get a view of King Raybrant's room)

https://youtu.be/GTThLsm9hIg (At 7:04 you get a view of Seda's room)

Dark Genie & Dark Element
True Dark Genie and Dark Element are the same being. TDG was able to manifest itself from Seda's hatred, DE manifested himself from Sirus' hatred. TDG states that so long as human hatred runs pure and clear it will exist without end, plus it's not just human hatred. Sirus was a Moon Person aka a rabbit and Seda states it is the embodiment of pure negative energy, which is why both TDG and DE are only capable of manipulating those with some form of negative emotion and why they were incapable of manipulating the main protagonist because they were pure of heart. This is further backed by the Fairy King stating it will return at the end of Dark Cloud, he was referring to Dark Element.

Conclusion: True Dark Genie and Dark Element are the same, they just go by two different names which isn't an issue because that's not even their real name, that just what people call them. In the past TDG's other names was The Black Demon. Hell, the two even started their fight the same by BFRing the protagonists to a different dimension and they both sent their essence across time. Also their physical appearance isn't a contradiction because they have no true physical form so their Avatars can look anyway they want them to.

Revision
Since a new timeline would be created every time TDG sent his essence to the past and future in order to take over, it would be actually creating a new timeline for it to take over, repeating the same thing over and over again. I think Dragon Ball Heroes or something had a similar cosmology, time someone traveled through time a new timeline was made. Anyway this would mean True Dark Genie/Dark Element/Black Demon whatever you prefer would effectively be absorbing the flow of time from endless timelines that will be created every time he travels through time be it the past or future.

Conclusion: Since it's not an infinite amount of Timelines but an endless amount I believe that would make his tier, "would eventually become 2-B/Multiverse level. Also, this would mean Dark Element's Powers and Abilities will be moved to True Dark Genie's and it's profile will be deleted since they are the same being.

Thoughts! Any input is welcome. I would prefer no derailing, I just used the Dragon Ball cosmology thing because it was similar to Dark Cloud in the Time Travel regard. I also would like to apologise for any bad grammar.

It looks good to me. But I wonder by moving DE powers/abilities/etc. to DG, would it be added to his pre-existing powers or would it be a different key (i.e.: a Dark Element avatar created by the Dark Genie).

Dark Element's powers will be moved under TDG's Avatar section.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:LordGriffin1000/Sandbox

This Sandbox shows an updated version of TDG's page which incorporates the changes from the other thread that is currently going on since it seems people agree with them. I haven't updated it with this stuff as I'm waiting to see if this gets accepted first.

Unfamiliar with the verse, but given the scale of the upgrade and the Dark Element = True Dark Genie thing, I'll prefer not to really go on one side or another.

@Elizhaa

I just want to make sure enough people agree which is why I contacted a few others to check it out. I don't want to just added it and then a minute later something happens and I gotta remove it.

I'll give it some more time and see if others comment, if not, I'll update the page.

You're more familiar with the verse than I am (haven't played in years even though I loved the games to death as a kid), but a lot of this screams singular modified timeline rather than lots of different timelines for each time-travel event. Dark Genie and Dark Element are pretty clearly the same thing, yeah. I disagree with the potency upgrade, or at least I'd rather have it be "possibly" if we must move forward with it.

@Mr. Bambu

I'll admit that it sounds more like the singular timeline is being altered however it shows Toan go back to his time period, everything is fine even though he just made a massive change to his. He stopped Dark Genie from ever forming and going on his rampage meaning he never rosted those countries, the Moon People never had to seal it in the urn, General Flagg never bought said urn and released it which caused the destruction of half the world.

It wouldn't make much sense for the Fairy King to allow Toan to restore the world and even stating he could make a better world if everything was going to be changed in the end. The Atlamillia also have completely different functions and there are three instead of one and the second Moon was now a weapon. Lastly, when Toan is running back to his village at the end of the first game, the second Moon is still in the sky. However in Max's time which is before Toan's, the second Moon returns to dust which would mean Toan and Max's timelines are separate otherwise the second Moon in Toan's time wouldn't have been there.

I'm fine with a eventually Low 2-C, possible 2-B rating since this isn't completely solid. I'll update the profile in a bit.

His time period could just be the past. Changes to the future do alter the past, we've seen, hence Monica's work in coming back. It isn't neccesarily true alternate timelines if you're just changing the one central timeline.

Feel free to update, I'd just like to err on the side of caution. Thanks for including me still in these boyo.

That would Make Monica over 400 years old...

Toan is jumps back 400 years into the past. Stops TDG's rampage. Seda aka King Raybrant (400 years before Toan's time) has a daughter Monica who is in her teens which would mean it hasn't been that long. She travels back 100 years to Max's timel period making it now 500 years before Toan's time and in that period the second Moon is removed.

Toan has to be in a different timeline otherwise his worlds second Moon wouldn't be there since it was removed 500 years ago. I might be just over thinking the mechanics of the verse but the events that transpired suggest it's not the same timeline. However it's just a possible upgrade given no direct statement. You caution is perfectly valid, hell I'm even cautious about this.

Thanks for commenting

People can be old to be fair. Seda obviously managed it.

Back