• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trigun Profile Revisions (Knives Millions, Vash The Stampede and Legato Bluesummers)

Revised Profiles

Current Profiles
Everything is self-evidence so i'm not going to explain the changes since i'm lazy :cool:, read the blogs and the current profiles to cross reference shit if needed, probably wont since I've linked and referenced everything in the revised blog.

Voting
  • Agree - DarkDragonMedeus, CloverDragon03
  • Disagree -
  • Neutral -

Last edited:
Everything looks good aside from that you missed the Immunity to Soul Manipulation on the Plant page, along with the fact that Knives's Mid-Godly was removed out of nowhere without any real discussion last CRT.

Fine with it being opposed of course, so long as there's a discussion about the topic.

Everything looks good aside from that you missed the Immunity to Soul Manipulation on the Plant page
We don't give characters who haven't been stated/implied to have souls immunity to Soul Manipulation on the wiki anymore unless they have Inorganic Physiology (Type 2), but i'm going to be doing a thread down the line that'll hopefully rectify that situation since the assumption that characters who aren't stated/implied having souls would most likely have souls is completely asinine imo.

along with the fact that Knives's Mid-Godly was removed out of nowhere without any real discussion last CRT.
From my recollection of that thread more mods disagreed with Knives's Mid-Godly rather than agreed with, but i could be wrong. We can debate if Knives should actually have Mid-Godly or not in this thread since i believe he shouldn't, and that his best regeneration scaling is only Low-Godly.

Fine with it being opposed of course, so long as there's a discussion about the topic.
Agree.

We don't give characters who haven't been stated/implied to have souls immunity to Soul Manipulation on the wiki anymore unless they have Inorganic Physiology (Type 2), but i'm going to be doing a thread down the line that'll hopefully rectify that situation since the assumption that characters who aren't stated/implied having souls would most likely have souls is completely asinine imo.
I mean staff did accept it the last time I brought it up. But I agree with that shit being completely asinine to assume everything has a soul.

Do you have the thread were this was said to be the case btw? Because i myself never heard of such a thing till now.
From my recollection of that thread more mods disagreed with Knives's Mid-Godly rather than agreed with, but i could be wrong.
There was only one staff member who disagreed and that was only for the full rating. Instead they agreed to a "possibly."

I also created this thread which seems to back up the notion of Mid-Godly due the regeneration also relying on other aspects such as causality.
We can debate if Knives should actually have Mid-Godly or not in this thread since i believe he shouldn't, and that his best regeneration scaling is only Low-Godly.
That's fair enough, I have the day off today as well since I'm taking a break after days of driving.

The second thread involves admittedly much better arguments for Mid-Godly, Oven's said if they can regenerate from destruction of the Gate it'd be Mid-Godly which should be the case for Vash nuking Ark Knive's which would have destroyed the mind, body and the Gates Knive's had in his possession. According to that thread it seems like regenerating from causality would also suffice.

I mean staff did accept it the last time I brought it up. But I agree with that shit being completely asinine to assume everything has a soul.

Do you have the thread were this was said to be the case btw? Because i myself never heard of such a thing till now.
Maybe it's staff dependent? since I've seen other staff members actively contest that line of logic on multiple profile revisions/creation threads.

I'll see if i can find the thread, it's just something I've been told by multiple mods in the past that we don't make those types of assumptions, which is idiotic but if those are the rules those are the rules.

There was only one staff member who disagreed and that was only for the full rating. Instead they agreed to a "possibly."

I also created this thread which seems to back up the notion of Mid-Godly due the regeneration also relying on other aspects such as causality.
Alright.

That's fair enough, I have the day off today as well since I'm taking a break after days of driving.

The second thread involves admittedly much better arguments for Mid-Godly, Oven's said if they can regenerate from destruction of the Gate it'd be Mid-Godly which should be the case for Vash nuking Ark Knive's which would have destroyed the mind, body and the Gates Knive's had in his possession. According to that thread it seems like regenerating from causality would also suffice.
I don't believe it's ever stated or implied that Vash destroyed Knives's Gate during their final fight, if you can provide scans that would be great since personally i don't remember this ever happening. If it actually did happen then i'm fine with re-adding Mid-Godly back onto Knives's profile.

Maybe it's staff dependent? since I've seen other staff members actively contest that line of logic on multiple profile revisions/creation threads.
I don't believe there's really such thing as "staff dependent" views regarding topics like that. Honestly I've seen people say both like you've said, but then again this is more of an issue with none of what we've seen from either side being written down or officially implemented anywhere.

Perhaps a thread should be made regarding that before continuing the rest of the CRT? Since it's quite conflicting given that there's no "present rules" about immunity to Soul Manipulation from the looks of it. In the meantime I'll look for the Gate stuff, will DM you if I find it since I might not be active later tonight.

I don't believe there's really such thing as "staff dependent" views regarding topics like that. Honestly I've seen people say both like you've said, but then again this is more of an issue with none of what we've seen from either side being written down or officially implemented anywhere.
It's staff dependent in the sense it's dependent on the staff who are evaluating your work actually believe we abide by said assumption or not tbh, but yeah the fact this isn't written down somewhere is a massive problem.

Perhaps a thread should be made regarding that before continuing the rest of the CRT? Since it's quite conflicting given that there's no "present rules" about immunity to Soul Manipulation from the looks of it. In the meantime I'll look for the Gate stuff, will DM you if I find it since I might not be active later tonight.
Nah, we can still continue this thread since the resistance within itself isn't that pertinent enough to completely halt the progression of the thread imo, i'll just add the immunity if the thread in question gets accepted in another CRT (doubt it would even need a CRT at that point ngl)

Aight, thanks.

Will be making a quick CRT (More of a Q&A thing.) for the immunity part later tonight along with more coverage on the Mid-Godly point.

I've added likely Mid-Godly after seeing evidence which proves Gates are most likely tied to or physically within a Plant, so completely destroying a Plant would also require destroying their Gate as well, which is what Vash seemingly did, and Knives's was able to regenerate after said destruction.

I'll wait on adding anything like Immunity to Soul Manipulation until the thread Gin said he was going to make actually gets made and answered.

But since those main contentions have been addressed, and the fact i have 2 mods agreeing with my thread i'm going to start adding these profiles onto their respective pages.

Back