• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Levels of Regeneration and higher Dimensionality

Okay so this is a question that I've been confused about for awhile since its not explained cleary anywhere, so I'll give out an an example.

Character A has Low-Godly regeneration which is based upon higher dimensional hax. (4-D.), then later one said Character gets said regeneration upgraded due to gaining even higher Dimensionality by an infinite amount. (High end 4-D to 5-D.), would they possess Low-Godly that requires higher levels of dimensional hax to negate or would it scale to Mid-Godly via being Infinitely higher than before?

That's all.

if the verse treats it that new level of dimensions = higher level regen, then yes.
Yeah, thats basically how the verse treats it. Regeneration is based on soemthing called a "Gate." which is responsible for all the powers and abilities for said character, including regeneration. The character in particular was working with Low-Godly with a 4-D Gate, later on his Gate gets an amp which made the Gate even higher dimensional by an infinite amount.
Like if he went from high to low godly by transcending 3D hax. However, without proper feats, we will just list it as a possible rating. "Low god, possibly mid-godly"
That's fair.

Well, I'm not sure if higher-dimensional planes really effects shifting from Low-Godly to Mid-Godly; though it should individually make them more impressive within their ratings. Regeneration as a whole isn't always linear when it comes to what they can regenerate from; Character A having a higher regeneration level than B, but character B can still regenerate from certain mid point levels of destruction that character A can't. A character needs to have their mind/conscious and soul destroyed alongside their body for it to qualify as mid-godly, which higher dimensional planes may not always include those parts. LordTracer sounds about right though.

I'm still of the opinion that it should be considered as a possibly given the context tbh, the character in question performed a Low-Godly feat with zero energy after essentially getting nuked to his core with potent Causality Manipulation. That's the baseline.

He then rapidly increases his Gate, which is responsible for his Regenerative Capabilities, and increased his Gate by an infinite amount, also I believe the standard for higher dimensional planes would already include stuff like the mind and soul (Although the latter might not even exist in the verse in the first place.)

So it's essentially either super good Low-Godly that acts like Mid-Godly or we use a possibly for Mid-Godly.

My stance is still the same. I think it should be given a possibly rating. Yes, it cannot possible translate directly to our standards, but if its consistent with verse, a possibly rating would be more fitting. If not, then "at least Low Godly" can also work

On a personal note, I wouldn't mind if that qualify as "Possibly Mid-Godly" since "Higher-D" in general has often had flexible meanings. Some people even use higher-D just as a simplified metaphor for an astral plane and what not which could result in Mid-Godly if that was the case. Which is the part that could warrant Mid-Godly. It's just being higher on spatial/temporal dimensions plane is that part that makes it iffy to assume equivalent of mind or soul.

But anyway, I don't mind the possibly Mid-Godly given the other ways to interpret it.

Mid-Godly is explicitly only given if one can recover from mind and soul destruction. For example: Ashen One can come back to life after full body destruction even without a soul. But he can only do so because of the Undead curse, which is not physical by default due to being, well, a curse, and so can't be directly attacked. What this gives is a pseudo version of Mid-Godly that mechanically works like that but isn't technically Mid-Godly due to the type 8 stipulation and the fact that Ashen One is not regenerating a soul, he just has the option of not having one by default.

If the Trigun character is simply getting a higher dimensional variant of the same regeneration, then it's just the same variant with higher potency. It doesn't magically become Mid-Godly because the mechanics have not fundamentally changed.

Mid-Godly is explicitly only given if one can recover from mind and soul destruction. For example: Ashen One can come back to life after full body destruction even without a soul.
What if Souls aren't stated nor implied to exist for this species? Plants in Trigun aren't stated to have Souls ever, if anything it goes against it since Plants aren't organic like humans and such. Basically they're ancient beings who've been around before and above the multiverse hence why they only need the mind to regenerate from. Fused Knive's scales Infinitely above that, and Ark Knive's has an infinite layer above Fused Knive's.
But he can only do so because of the Undead curse, which is not physical by default due to being, well, a curse, and so can't be directly attacked. What this gives is a pseudo version of Mid-Godly that mechanically works like that but isn't technically Mid-Godly due to the type 8 stipulation.
Actually Knive's has type 8, along with Type 3 Acausality. Vash can negate Low-Godly and type 8 Immortality and Knive's can still regenerate from it.
If the Trigun character is simply getting a higher dimensional variant of the same regeneration, then it's just the same variant with higher potency. It doesn't magically become Mid-Godly because the mechanics have not fundamentally changed.
Read above, Souls for Plants aren't a thing in Trigun due to being inorganic in nature and so on.

Yeah, you didn't get my point. You don't get Mid-Godly even if you don't have a soul because you're just not regenerating it.

You'd still be Low-Godly but can come back even without a soul.

Disagreed completely, I suppose we'll just agree to disagree for the time being. Con and DarkDragon both agree with the possibly rating so I'll wait for more input with all due respect.

if the verse treats it that new level of dimensions = higher level regen, then yes. Like if he went from high to low godly by transcending 3D hax. However, without proper feats, we will just list it as a possible rating. "Low god, possibly mid-godly"
I think this makes the most sense

Why would it be Mid-Godly in any way?
Context.

Low-Godly comes from a Knives's who was weakened and nullified by Vash, Knives's was dying and had no enegry and performed a Low-Godly feat.

A healthy Fused Knive's scales Infinitely above that, his Gate is Infinitely bigger which is responsible for all his powers including. Ark Knive's has another layer of Infinite above Fused Knive's, and can regenerate from Vash's attacks which negate Low-Godly.

So it's just layered regeneration, it isn't mechanically different. Is Ark Knive reliant on anything to regenerate?

Yeah then it would be Low-Godly. Recovering from the destruction of the Gate would be Mid-Godly.

Yeah then it would be Low-Godly. Recovering from the destruction of the Gate would be Mid-Godly.
Vash can negate Low-Godly levels of Regeneration by nuking Knives's Gate.

Hence why me and others are saying Possibly rather than Likely and such.

We don't equate regeneration to dimensionality, that all. A guy with Low Godly regen can transcend dimension all he want, he still only have Low Godly

Regeneration levels scale proportionally to increasing levels of abstraction/metaphysical nature.
Although I feel regenerating from stuff such as causality or laws as base can be case of mid godly.
As far as dimensions are concerned.. that would just make low godly a smurf? Not necessarily a higher abstraction of godly regeneration.

Well would it being upon abstract things such as Causality itself be better grounds for Mid-Godly?

You could just not give it a solid rating, perhaps something like "at least Low Godly, likey far higher" as it's certainly above the baseline for low godly
Currently Knives's already has that, I just made the thread since there's mixed opinions on the level of Godly regeneration he should have.

He's essentially reliant on his Gate, Causality and Time
I see eye to eye with Proto here. To elaborate, souls and minds aren't independent of time by default, so if they can keep regenerating as long as time or causality exists, that means even if their body, mind and soul (theoretically) get destroyed, they would still come back since those aspects are still bound by time/causality.

I see eye to eye with Proto here. To elaborate, souls and minds aren't independent of time by default, so if they can keep regenerating as long as time or causality exists, that means even if their body, mind and soul (theoretically) get destroyed, they would still come back since those aspects are still bound by time/causality.
So basically you'd agree with Mid-Godly as a possibility?

Back