• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers (Universe) CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose that you can continue to discuss this issue a bit more then. I am just impatient due to managing so many tasks at once.

Also since you are the big staff man, do you know if we still use heat feats like in that calc above; I say this because those might get revised soon from what I remember?
What do you mean?

Well, I suppose that you can continue to discuss this issue a bit more then. I am just impatient due to managing so many tasks at once.
Yeah that’s fine, I can be a bit impatient too at times.
If we must continue this, Pyro really isn't the brightest guy, and the entire situation was made up in his head. Not to mention, he was referring to himself being taken out by a blast of that size, not Prime. I'll agree that the harpoon's force may have winded him, but it didn't keep him out for more than a second or two.
1 the scene wasn’t exactly portrayed as just “Pyro being Pyro.” Even then it if he was somehow that wrong about his capabilities (and his own leader’s considering how he was framed explained below.) wouldn’t that raise some questions or corrections from the others?

Actually I re-read the scan it does seem to be suggesting it would get Optimus too. The text box states “Too late; he gets it: Me and him are the same.”

Actually I re-read the scan it does seem to be suggesting it would get Optimus too. The text box states “Too late; he gets it: Me and him are the same.”
I always interpreted it as Prime "getting" that Pyro was as good as Optimus, if not better.

That is valid by the fact that Optimus is running still suggests that he thinks it would harm Optimus.

Personally I'd rather leave the IDW characters at "Unknown" as they are insanely inconsistent. Its even too the point of the OP having points to debunk tier 2 but some of those points also debunk tier 6.

That seems almost like a cop-out.
They have feats. We just need to find something consistent. Unknown should be reserved to those who cannot be tiered and really don’t need one.

I don't see where in the page where pyro implies a 15 kiloton explosion can kill him and Optimus. There's no implication that Optimus would be killed by the explosion.

All he's doing is pretty much standing in awe at pyro.

Personally I'd rather leave the IDW characters at "Unknown" as they are insanely inconsistent. Its even too the point of the OP having points to debunk tier 2 but some of those points also debunk tier 6.
Yeah, we don’t give people Unknown just because they’re inconsistent. By that logic, every single Marvel/DC character would be Unknown.

It says that he dies being outran by a 15 kiloton explosion? Are we looking at the same scan.
It would not make much sense for him to describe himself as being a great hero, earning his heroes awe, and being like Optimus while giving an example massively weaker then anything that could even tickle Optimus. That seems pretty definitive if you ask me.

That ain’t the only feat.

But
1. That never actually happens, unlike the refinery explosion

2. Pyro isn't smart and most likely doesn't know what he's talking about

I already got into this but ok.

1 Him being bright doesn’t mean that he would be hundreds of times of the make for his and his teammates power (he should still have a general idea of what a big dangerous explosion like that.) His idea of what could kill him is still valid, he would probably know at least that.

2 The scene is not even portrayed as just Pyro being stupid. Nobody seems to bat an eye at the example Pyro uses so to them it seemed fine.

Honestly, IDW is super inconsistent. I'd be fine with giving them unknowns or removing the profiles.
This all seems fine. A few things that could be of note, Galvatron destroyed a planet in G1, after his plasma baths. And in FoC, Grimlock survives the Space Bridge meltdown.
I actually addressed that in the OP.
2 The scene is not even portrayed as just Pyro being stupid. Nobody seems to bat an eye at the example Pyro uses so to them it seemed fine.
The character who'd normally respond to these antics is highly distressed, and that woman was more offended about his view of Prime.

Last edited:
I'm unsure of what to say here other that I agreed with most of the arguments done by Asura I guess, granted I'm not exactly a common supporter of TF (I sort of stopped consuming whatever content was realized a few years ago).

For the tiering of IDW, there is a massive gap between the continental and Tier 7 ones, even assuming that Pyro is complety wrong in his assumption, the city level statement and the kinetic harpon explotion says otherwise.

It would probably be a good idea to calculate the "shaving and inch of a planet" statement and revise Death Battle's calculation the density of the Sixshot armor for a specific durability in our system, and see if any would support either Tier 7 or 6 IDW (Albeit, I believe the latter will probably give more points to Tier 7 or lower)

I don’t see how the shaving an inch off of a planet actually affects the scaling since the character in question is considered dangerous enough to need and off-switch.
That is assuming the statement isn’t hyperbole anyway.

It probably is a hyperbole, especially since the term "shave an inch" is actually used as an expression.

Also, I'm going to ask someone for Beast Wars calcs.

Just to insert here, There was a calc a while back about thundercracker surviving the nuclear bomb that was supposed to be thrown at new York and it wielded island level results.

Was this IDW?

Edit: I think it's actually dreamwave.

Edit 2: It's IDW.

The old Marvel Transformers and G1 cartoon combined have less inconsistencies than IDW, so I think they need to go at this point. At least DC and Marvel super heroes have concrete values, high-ends and low-ends.

I'm not sure if I agree with that, and if I had to be completely honest, only characters like shockwave, Optimus and megs (and maybe the heavy hitters) really deserve profiles. It gets wonky when u start scaling other characters as those usually have the most inconsistent feats.

But I'll just wait for what the others have to say.

Given that this is comics, inconsistencies are bound to be rife. Proceed as you would with a DC/Marvel revision, that being biohazard level 5.

Wasn’t their a feat in the Beast Wars episode Go With The Flow where the Predacon's survived an explosion that was strong enough to cause an earthquake that was even felt from the Maximal base

I've asked Spinosaurus for the Beast Wars calculations.

@Generickstickman It was more the energon shockwave that caused the shaking. Even the mountain at the dead centre was practically undamaged.

Certain characters such as metroplex were moving out of the way. I was gonna use as a maybe speed for a potential metroplex profile. But honestly, I don't I need it anymore

He looks more like he's trying to avoid it then dodging.

Maybe. I'm gonna rework that giant scaling chart I did once we have the new AP. And also work around who gets to stay who shall be removed.

All I can say as of now is that Shockwave, Optimus, Megatron are staying

I found in I Hate Machines that Ratchet said Omega Supreme would blow up Cybertron if he were destroyed by Fortress Maximus. This was due to the energy he'd absorbed from TransWarp after constantly space bridging from one location to the next.

I found in I Hate Machines that Ratchet said Omega Supreme would blow up Cybertron if he were destroyed by Fortress Maximus. This was due to the energy he'd absorbed from TransWarp after constantly space bridging from one location to the next.

Maybe. I'm gonna rework that giant scaling chart I did once we have the new AP. And also work around who gets to stay who shall be removed.

All I can say as of now is that Shockwave, Optimus, Megatron are staying
Prime, Grimlock, Skorponok, Dai Atlas, the Seekers, and the other Dinobots were on site of the explosion. Megs obviously scales to Prime, Shockwave scales to Grimlock, Soundwave scales to Shockwave, Tarn scales to Megs, the Phase Sixers are greater, Nova and Galvatron scale to Optimus/each other, and Arcee scales to Galvatron. However, the TC bomb feat is useless, seeing that he survived a much larger explosion. Meaning, we need a new lower-tier feat for characters like Jazz, Bee, etc.

There is still the Sixshot density thing, if anyone wants to try to get some form of durability in joules...

Prime, Grimlock, Skorponok, Dai Atlas, the Seekers, and the other Dinobots were on site of the explosion. Megs obviously scales to Prime, Shockwave scales to Grimlock, Soundwave scales to Shockwave, Tarn scales to Megs, the Phase Sixers are greater, Nova and Galvatron scale to Optimus/each other, and Arcee scales to Galvatron. However, the TC bomb feat is useless, seeing that he survived a much larger explosion. Meaning, we need a new lower-tier feat for characters like Jazz, Bee, etc.
The scaling for galvs and arcee is a bit strange. Arcee was able to get heavily injured by brawl, whom the latter is weaker than Galvatron. And arcee is comparable to Galvatron.

Galvatron gets damaged by sideswipe in spotlight Galvatron. Sideswipe is comparable to sunstreaker, who is vastly inferior to overlord. Who is inferior to megs, and megs is comparable to Galvatron

Overlord is actually comparable to Megatron physically, and much more powerful in terms of firepower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back