• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Nah, G1 Marvel Megatron was dope.

Soundwave sucks, and probably deserved it.

Nah, G1 Marvel Megatron was dope.

Soundwave sucks, and probably deserved it.
oT7hej7.png

Should clarify, comic Soundwave sucks. He's a major jobber with 0 personality.

The show version of Soundwave is amazing.

The UK comics does some neat stuff with Soundwave, much like it does with most of the comic's characters (Soundwave becomes the leader of the Decepticons in the future after Shockwave's death and he also assumed the Decepticon leadership after Shockwave was thought to be dead and Megatron was MIA in the UK)

I haven't gotten through all the UK stuff yet.

Are there any really good feats, aside from Galvatron laughing off enough firepower to level a small city and taking a volcanic eruption?

Are there any really good feats, aside from Galvatron laughing off enough firepower to level a small city and taking a volcanic eruption?
If you mean statements, Snarl no sells firepower enough to level a Small Town and later survives a matter-disintegrating Nuke (Which combined with Optimus surviving direct contact with Anti-matter means to me the Transformers have a level of resistance to matter manip). Swoop also kinda that survives a Thermo-Nuclear bomb (He was decently away from it I suppose, but still, it is there)

But if you ask me, those 2 tier 7 statements don't really have a lot of weight, between Swoop getting knocked down by the Thermo-Nuclear bomb and the countless tier 8 feats the series has pre Underbase.

Outside of that, the UK stories also have a more interesting story then the US version, most of the time '-'

Agreed. The Galvatron storylines from the UK are incredible (at least the ones I'm on, not sure about later stuff).

Not really want to spoil it I guess. Outside of the Galvatron stuff, I really like the story arc of Prey-Resurrection (Issue 96-104), contains many of my favorite quotes from OP

Regeneration One has a really good High 6-A feat that Galvatron and Ultra Magnus downscales from. Sadly it only scales to Marvel US. There's also several Low 7-C to 7-C stuff from the profiles, which is weirdly consistent.

Speed wise, we got stuff ranging high hypersonic to Relativistic. I can send the scans if ya want.

Last edited:
Btw, ya'll reading the Skybound stuff? Now that the first two arcs are done and the next arc is a flashback arc, I think now's a good time to start posting profiles. Already got drafts for Optimus and Starscream, next in line are Devy, Shocky, Soundwave and Elita. Though recent issue 12 has a potential Tier 6 feat and issue 13 previews show a potential MHS speed feat, so idk if I should go ahead now.

I still need the LS to be calced.

Btw, ya'll reading the Skybound stuff? Now that the first two arcs are done and the next arc is a flashback arc, I think now's a good time to start posting profiles. Already got drafts for Optimus and Starscream, next in line are Devy, Shocky, Soundwave and Elita. Though recent issue 12 has a potential Tier 6 feat and issue 13 previews show a potential MHS speed feat, so idk if I should go ahead now.

Well dang, that's a lot of profiles to look forward to, you've sure been on the grind with these

Regeneration One has a really good High 6-A feat that Galvatron and Ultra Magnus downscales from. Sadly it only scales to Marvel US. There's also several Low 7-C to 7-C stuff from the profiles, which is weirdly consistent.

Speed wise, we got stuff ranging high hypersonic to Relativistic. I can send the scans if ya want.
Technically speaking it would only scale to Regeneration 1 even since the OG US Marvel Comics are separated from Regeneration One. If you mean G1, do let me see those 7-C feats since I've only calced tier 9-8 feats for them outside of the Underbase saga... Would also prob add resistance to Pain Manip for Transformers in general and resistance to Mind Manip for Optimus in specific

I'll start buying the new comics in the forseeable future, seems pretty cool '-'

Technically speaking it would only scale to Regeneration 1 even since the OG US Marvel Comics are separated from Regeneration One. If you mean G1, do let me see those 7-C feats since I've only calced tier 9-8 feats for them outside of the Underbase saga... Would also prob add resistance to Pain Manip for Transformers in general and resistance to Mind Manip for Optimus in specific
Yeah, I'll compile the list once I get home

So this is that High 6-A feat, while it knocks out Galvatron for a bit, Galvatron becomes pretty fine afterwards and is shown to function as per normal, so downscaling is viable.

Attack Potency:
Speed:
There's definitely more but I'll look later. All I got for now. They also got a bunch of LS stuff but not very relevant imo.

Things I wanna note about the four parter, I'll get the refs but:
  • Megatron can no sell the entire military forces, and is implied that nukes are the only thing that could harm him.
  • Shockwave is stated to be second to Megatron.
  • In issue 4, the Autobots perform much worse and are vastly weakened due to a lack of energy, which is what allows Shockwave to one shot them all.

Also interesting notes relating to Spider-Man.

• Soundwave can detect Spider-Man's stealth movements
  • Spider-Man has trouble dodging Soundwave's attacks
  • Ravage is stated to be almost as fast as Spidey
  • Gears states he and Spidey stand no chance against Megatron and resort to running away.
  • Megatron very easily breaks out Spidey's webs, where even Spidey starts to go "Oh shit "

So yeah.

Marvel US either scales at Low 7-C/7-C to maybe At most High 6-A

Marvel UK is solidly at Low 7-B

Speed is probably either High Hypersonic+ or Relativistic if the SOL stuff is legit.

Almost sure those statements are flowery kanguage. Galvatron also didn't said that to Jetfire, he said to the group of Autobots that went there

Almost sure those statements are flowery kanguage. Galvatron also didn't said that to Jetfire, he said to the group of Autobots that went there
Which in particular?

Also not really, when the panel shows he was talking to Jetfire in specific, with him actively pointing at just Jetfire. Even if it is a group tho, it's still like High 7-C-ish

About the military doing mothing toMegs, that is actually way crazier in Issue 4. The narration states Megatron stood outside for 15 minutes while being attacked by non nuclear weapons non stop just to laugh at them

About the military doing mothing toMegs, that is actually way crazier in Issue 4. The narration states Megatron stood outside for 15 minutes while being attacked by non nuclear weapons non stop just to laugh at them
Ah that, I forgot that one. Though it's probably not too impressive? Like they were just tanks and missiles, probably like 8-C.

Which in particular?

Also not really, when the panel shows he was talking to Jetfire in specific, with him actively pointing at just Jetfire. Even if it is a group tho, it's still like High 7-C-ish
Shockwave in specific, idk, I've read via the UK so I didn't really read the profiles made by Budiansky so I didn't really noticed all the tier 7 stuff

About the statement itself, regardless if Galvatron directs it to Jetfire/the autobots, I don't know if the wiki would take it as it being Low 7-B

About the statement itself, regardless if Galvatron directs it to Jetfire/the autobots, I don't know if the wiki would take it as it being Low 7-B
Eh ig it's kinda blatant in and of itself. And we don't have any standards for it unlike say, destroying a mountain.

Anyhow, Iguanus tanked also tanked a Lightning Bolt that was supposed to destroy half of NY City, he got unconscious by it but it is still there.

Underbase SC also destroyed a metal Island lf dubious size by throwing a big ship at it. Fortress Maximus survived a direct blast from Scream, so there is thst as well

Anyhow, Iguanus tanked also tanked a Lightning Bolt that was supposed to destroy half of NY City, he got unconscious by it but it is still there
Oh dayum? You got the source for that because that's probably like mid end Tier 7.

Underbase Screamer is surprisingly a bit underwhelming NGL, considering he only has a fraction of its power, his best feats were blowing several cities, and he couldn't handle the Underbase's full power so no 4-C scaling for Underbase Starscream.

Oh dayum? You got the source for that because that's probably like mid end Tier 7.

Underbase Screamer is surprisingly a bit underwhelming NGL, considering he only has a fraction of its power, his best feats were blowing several cities, and he couldn't handle the Underbase's full power so no 4-C scaling for Underbase Starscream.
It is tier 6, I can't get the source but check my blogs in the wiki, first one. Otherwise you can check US#54

He didn' blow any cities kek. He just threatened to do it

Anyhow, Iguanus tanked also tanked a Lightning Bolt that was supposed to destroy half of NY City, he got unconscious by it but it is still there.

Underbase SC also destroyed a metal Island lf dubious size by throwing a big ship at it. Fortress Maximus survived a direct blast from Scream, so there is thst as well
Easily Mountain level for that Iguanus feat... where does that metal island feat happen issue-wise?

Back