• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transduality questions

1.How does transduality affect the tier? Is there any way to get 1-A just by having type 3?
2.What does each type of transduality give you? such as other abilities or immunities.
3.And how could each type be described in a work?

1.) Transduality on its own does not affect your tier unless it's Type 3 I think. Think of the difference between T2 and T3 as layers. T2 has you transcend one or multiple layers. T3 has you transcend the entire lasagna, and transcending an entire infinite lasagna is why they're 1-A.

2.) It would give you certain resistances based on which dualities you transcend. For example, if you transcend Life/Death then Death Manipulation operating on the axiom of "I'll turn a Living thing into a Dead thing." will not work on you because you stand above the very duality of Life and Death.

3.) 1 is transcending only certain dual systems like Life/Death, Night/Day, Hot/Cold, etc.
2 is transcending all dual systems on your current level or layer of reality.
3 is doing 2 but on every possible layer of reality.
4 is transcending the duality of Duality/Transduality altogether, since it in and of itself can be considered a duality (being In a Dual System vs. being Outside of a Dual System).

I am always confused abt td2, dosent type 2 basically means you are immune to all haxes that are your dimensionality? ie all 4d/3d haxes.
Yes, Transduality Type 2 guarantees at least an Incon at your Tier unless your opponent has Transduality Type 2 or can negate/interact with it it.

1.) Transduality on its own does not affect your tier unless it's Type 3 I think. Think of the difference between T2 and T3 as layers. T2 has you transcend one or multiple layers. T3 has you transcend the entire lasagna, and transcending an entire infinite lasagna is why they're 1-A.

2.) It would give you certain resistances based on which dualities you transcend. For example, if you transcend Life/Death then Death Manipulation operating on the axiom of "I'll turn a Living thing into a Dead thing." will not work on you because you stand above the very duality of Life and Death.

3.) 1 is transcending only certain dual systems like Life/Death, Night/Day, Hot/Cold, etc.
2 is transcending all dual systems on your current level or layer of reality.
3 is doing 2 but on every possible layer of reality.
4 is transcending the duality of Duality/Transduality altogether, since it in and of itself can be considered a duality (being In a Dual System vs. being Outside of a Dual System).
so, for example, if a character that is not 1-A but he has type 3 would he automatically be 1-A?

so, for example, if a character that is not 1-A but he has type 3 would he automatically be 1-A?
If you have Transduality Type 2 and your Tier goes up to 1-A it automatically becomes Transduality Type 3. But if your Tier was dropped to High 1-B you would be back o Transduality Type 2.

Transduality cant change the Tier but the Tier can change Transduality.

If you have Transduality Type 2 and your Tier goes up to 1-A it automatically becomes Transduality Type 3. But if your Tier was dropped to High 1-B you would be back o Transduality Type 2.

Transduality cant change the Tier but the Tier can change Transduality.
so there would be no way to scale a character to 1-A with just transduality? I've seen people casting characters like Asta 1-A just saying he has type 3.

I've seen people casting characters like Asta 1-A just saying he has type 3.
Damn bro, I'm only at the Royal Knights arc spoilers-
In all seriousness though, see the above. They'll get Transduality on a 1-A level and all the hax/resistances associated with it, but that doesn't mean their tier/AP/SS/Dura. will not budge unless they have showings of scaling to another 1-A character in terms of stats.

so there would be no way to scale a character to 1-A with just transduality? I've seen people casting characters like Asta 1-A just saying he has type 3.
Ya, he's not. Transduality is an ability before everything else, all abilities are limited to the character's Tier, not the other way around. Even if Asta was boosted up to Tier 1-A his abilities would still be down at his original Tier and he would be stomped by anyone else in Tier 1-A.

Ya, he's not. Transduality is an ability before everything else, all abilities are limited to the character's Tier, not the other way around. Even if Asta was boosted up to Tier 1-A his abilities would still be down at his original Tier and he would be stomped by anyone else in Tier 1-A.
Got it, thanks for the explanation.

Damn bro, I'm only at the Royal Knights arc spoilers-
In all seriousness though, see the above. They'll get Transduality on a 1-A level and all the hax/resistances associated with it, but that doesn't mean their tier/AP/SS/Dura. will not budge unless they have showings of scaling to another 1-A character in terms of stats.
thanks for the explanation.

If you have enough evidences for Transdual type 3, then you possibly also have enough evidences for 1-A tier already

If you have enough evidences for Transdual type 3, then you possibly also have enough evidences for 1-A tier already
well it's because I had seen some people scaling Asta to 1-A with only transduality, so I was in doubt about this question.

well it's because I had seen some people scaling Asta to 1-A with only transduality, so I was in doubt about this question.
well it is just a possible though, but to be honest, character that have enough evidences transduality type 3, most of the time also have enough evidences for 1-A

well it is just a possible though, but to be honest, character that have enough evidences transduality type 3, most of the time also have enough evidences for 1-A
So you're saying he would have evidence for 1-A? I believe that the logic used by them for type 3 was maybe wrong, there is this possibility.

So you're saying he would have evidence for 1-A? I believe that the logic used by them for type 3 was maybe wrong, there is this possibility.
there is a possibility yes, but still a possibility.

Still, transduality is on the process of revising, so..............thing will change

type 2 transduality should be changed to something like "Trascending all dualities in your verse" or something like that, the current definition is just NLF 2.0

well, as I remember it was in a chapter where they talked about Asta, Yuno and a church, from that they created a logic that I really for type 3, but I really didn't understand.

Asta, Yuno, and a Church? There are probably at least 50 chapters about Asta, Yuno, and the Church- Can you give a number maybe pls?

Back