• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tracer vs Chun-Li because why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following, I'll comment later, this is actually pretty interesting, though I stopped playing and following Overwatch a couple of years ago, like, a few months after the release of Moira, I hope to not miss anything fundamental.

About AP, Tracer heavily downscales from Doomfist's 0.24 tons feat, right?
She can affect him, but she was also dealing almost unnoticeable damage to him in the animated story.

It appears that everyone who supports overwatch here came to conclusion that "lol doomfist is too strong to all of them" which is why while I see logical for characters to downscale from that doomfist feat, most characters are just scales to Soldier 76 feat of tanking explosion. The ones who scales to Doomfist is Doomfist, Winston, Reaper with his guns and possibly Orisa since Iirc she fought Doomfist (and even if not, similar model to Orisa beated Rein).

That should be made more clear in all profiles, as of now they still downscale to Doomfist, according to their descriptions.

First thing, Tracer scales to 0.008 and Chun-Li to 0.04.
The latter has a 5x advantage.

Now, this is particularly tricky to analyze.
The battlefield is unknown to both (as far as we know, Tracer never fought there).
Tracer has an immediate advantage in mobility, as her blink and acrobatics are a real pain in the ass and can disorient and confuse Chun-Li, and also has a higher rate of fire with her guns, more than Chun-Li's Kikokens.
However Tracer's guns becomes less accurate at higher range, and Chun-Li is very mobile too, having the speed, agility and acrobatics to dodge the bullets, jump on walls etc. and if we consider Tracer has having ki, Chun's ESP could be of additional help.
Getting closer to enhance the accuracy of the guns would be really dangerous.
The map offers a lot of places were hide, take cover and walls over which jump, which could be an advantage for Chun-Li with her acrobatics and stealth abilities, although I doubt Tracer would lose her.

Something Tracer doesn't know is that Chun-Li is much stronger than her, 5X is a very big advantage and Soldier wasn't unscathed by that explosion.
One of Chun-Li's signature moves is the Hyakuretsukyaku, and I believe such flurry of kicks would knock Tracer out, especially is boosted with an EX version.
Chun-Li is also used at fighting opponents that rush around at lightning speed, she's used at training with Cammy and fought Vega and Juri several times, she could managed to pull off a Doomfist and catch Tracer blinking around her.

Still, Tracer's mobility, time reverse, higher fire rate and stamina give her options for the win, but I feel Chun's big AP advantage, supported by her abilities, would allow her the win most of the time.

Still, if it wasn't for such AP difference, I feel I'd vote Tracer.

Uh huh, vote for Chun-Li counted

(I think I'll try to make a CRT where I'll at least would have a permission to change scaling on profiles or for characters.)

speed equal
Yeah... Tracer blinks a **** ton in-character and shoots a lot, realizes that's not working well and proceeds to throw a pulse bomb, which probably one-shots due to it being capable of severely injuring Doomfist/outright one-shotting him. I really don't see how Chun-Li gets any hits in even if Tracer gets within jumping range, and Tracer is going to be getting plenty of his in. And Tracer regularly sparred with Genji, who has mobility which would knock Chun-Li's out of the park.

Yeah... Tracer blinks a **** ton in-character and shoots a lot, realizes that's not working well and proceeds to throw a pulse bomb, which probably one-shots due to it being capable of severely injuring Doomfist/outright one-shotting him. I really don't see how Chun-Li gets any hits in even if Tracer gets within jumping range, and Tracer is going to be getting plenty of his in. And Tracer regularly sparred with Genji, who has mobility which would knock Chun-Li's out of the park.
I mean, we don't scale through gameplay, if we could then entire overwatch cast would scale to Doomfist now.

Yeah... Tracer blinks a **** ton in-character and shoots a lot, realizes that's not working well and proceeds to throw a pulse bomb, which probably one-shots due to it being capable of severely injuring Doomfist/outright one-shotting him.
Remind me if that has any connection to the lore or it's just from gameplay, because it might not be totally reliable. After all, you can also kill everyone with melee attacks, but that's gameplay.

It's not like Chun-Li is immobile, she has very good acrobatics and mobility, and is used at fighting ninjas and fast people who jump and move around a lot, she can definitely tag Tracer, especially with speed equal.
She doesn't have the same mobility of Tracer, but due to being a police officer with years of experience means she's somewhat used to face people armed with guns, although far from being like Tracer, but it's better than nothing.
I agree that Tracer is landing a lot of hits, but to be completely effective they need to be at close range, which is dangerous against one 5 times stronger and more durable than you.

Most of the profiles use some scaling from the game(like tanks being comparable to Doomfist for example), don't really know many tho lol

Chun-Li hasn't dealt with a teleportation spammer who can accelerate and straight up reverse her own time. And by teleportation spammer I mean Tracer uses teleportation like all the god damn time.
And your taking the fall off of Tracer's guns a bit too far. She only has several meters of range with the *****, it's not exactly as if she's going to be anything but close range.

I know she spams teleportation and can fight at higher range, but it's not like Chun-Li is going to remain still and let Tracer shoot her to death.

With speed equal and experience against fast opponents and general martial arts knowledge (which by itself requires a certain level of prediction even in real life), Tracer isn't going to be untouchable to Chun-Li, who can also dash, leap and move quite nimbly and quickly.

I know she spams teleportation and can fight at higher range, but it's not like Chun-Li is going to remain still and let Tracer shoot her to death.

With speed equal and experience against fast opponents and general martial arts knowledge (which by itself requires a certain level of prediction even in real life), Tracer isn't going to be untouchable to Chun-Li, who can also dash, leap and move quite nimbly and quickly.
She kinda will be. Unless she's about to pull a Doomfist.

Not necessarily, I'd agree if Chun-Li was less agile, but with speed equal, 5X AP and dura and very good mobility, although not equal to Tracer's, and experience against other agile opponents, I don't see Chun-Li staying still and be shot to death.

I never said she would, I just don't believe she'll actually land a winning hit because Tracer is simply too damn hard to land hits on.

I never said she would, I just don't believe she'll actually land a winning hit because Tracer is simply too damn hard to land hits on.
I mean, soon or late it should happen since to deal good damage she needs to be close and if she'll overuse blinking, Chronal Accelerator will be quite inactive for time. And if Chun Li will damage Chronal Accelerator Doomfist ripping device moment will happen.

I mean, soon or late it should happen since to deal good damage she needs to be close and if she'll overuse blinking, Chronal Accelerator will be quite inactive for time. And if Chun Li will damage Chronal Accelerator Doomfist ripping device moment will happen.
She's pretty good on not overusing blinking, considering she's only overused it once.

She's pretty good on not overusing blinking, considering she's only overused it once.
I mean, yeah but at same time it's possibility which can't be denied.

Considering Chun Li's AP advantage a very good will be for tracer for doing damage and at same time reversing herself if she gets severely damaged.

Might would needed stamina comparance here.

With speed equal, agility, experience and possibly some exploitation of the environment, I don't think it would be impossible to land some hit on Tracer, who's not impossible to predict or understand in some pattern, and Chi sensing might help, assuming Tracer has a form of it.

Chun-Li also isn't stupid, she might try to hide or get advantage of the close environment, while replying with her own projectiles, which are less efficient than Tracer's, but are still projectiles with equal speed.

A close fight would also be good for Chun, she moslty fights with her kicks, which have good range in melee terms.
And having 5X dura means she would be able to somewhat tank some hits, and maybe cancel some more out with Hakkei (although not many, as they come in volleys)

With speed equal, agility, experience and possibly some exploitation of the environment, I don't think it would be impossible to land some hit on Tracer, who's not impossible to predict or understand in some pattern, and Chi sensing might help, assuming Tracer has a form of it.

Chun-Li also isn't stupid, she might try to hide or get advantage of the close environment, while replying with her own projectiles, which are less efficient than Tracer's, but are still projectiles with equal speed.

A close fight would also be good for Chun, she moslty fights with her kicks, which have good range in melee terms.
And having 5X dura means she would be able to somewhat tank some hits, and maybe cancel some more out with Hakkei (although not many, as they come in volleys)

Why can’t she exactly? I doubt Doomfist is as skilled as Chun Li and he still defeated Tracer fine.
Doomfist is a vicous master of multiple martial arts and can predict his opponents movements with fair accuracy because yes. There's more then AP as a reason he stomped everyone sans Winston.

Doomfist is a vicous master of multiple martial arts and can predict his opponents movements with fair accuracy because yes. There's more then AP as a reason he stomped everyone sans Winston.
Which martial arts? This is a empty statement, as it would depend on which martial art he uses and how good he actually is shown with them.

Which martial arts? This is a empty statement, as it would depend on which martial art he uses and how good he actually is shown with them.
Considering in every fight scene he's outskilled pretty much everyone and is the most skilled person in the verse by a landslide...?

As for specific martial arts "yes" on Traditional African martial arts of which there are like a dozen.

Considering in every fight scene he's outskilled pretty much everyone and is the most skilled person in the verse by a landslide...?
Which is meaningless, and he didn't just outright outskill everyone, it was a mixture of his overwhelming AP and speed. It wasn't just done out of sheer martial arts skills, and skill scaling doesn't really work like that either. OverWatch doesn't posses a lot of impressive martial artist either, that's something that Street Fighter takes the edge in by a large margin.

Chun-Li regularly fights talented martial artist while at a AP disadvantage.
As for specific martial arts "yes" on Traditional African martial arts of which there are like a dozen.
That doesn't really tell me much, could you go into detail about said martial art styles?

Doomfist is not faster then most of the named characters in the verse. P
That doesn't really tell me much, could you go into detail about said martial art styles?
Dambe is an African boxing style which focuses on subduing the opponent into total submission.

Engolo is a performance of ritual combat that primarily consists of kicks, dodges, leg sweeps, and inverted positions.

Instunka is a mock-combat ritual that is contested during holidays in Somalia, specifically Somali New Year. Traditionally full battle gear was used (e.g. axes, swords, daggers). In modern times, large sticks and batons are used as a way to avoid potentially fatal accidents.

Lutte Traditionelle is a folk wrestling style, IE grapples, holds and the like.

Moraingy is a bare-fisted striking style martial art that originated in Madagascar. This has no real standard and is highly dependent on the user. Think if this as an MMA fighter's best friend.

Musangwe is a bare-knuckle fist fighting style that is commonly practiced by the Venda people in South Africa and Zimbabwe. AKA just boxing.

Nguni doesn't matter here as it's stick-fighting.

Nuba: The goal of Nuba wrestling is to slam the opponent to the ground. Nuba wrestling has no pinning and no submissions. Although there are strikes, these are essentially part of the grappling; in other words, this is not a boxing system, as is, for example, Hausu Dambe. Therefore, Nuba wrestling is best viewed as a system of standing grappling, historically practiced naked, but in towns today practiced in T-shirts and shorts.

Tahtib: another stick-fighting art.

These are only traditional African styles not created by decendants. I will go over the ones created by decendants however for martial arts Doomfist likely knows and has mastered.

Capoeira: This art art primarily consists of kicks, leg sweeps, acrobatics, and dance-like movements.

Danmyé: yet another kick-based martial art.

Kalinda is another stick-fighting art.

Kicking and Knocking, is a martial art that was practiced in the United States, specifically in North and South Carolina, that consists of kicking and head butts.

Koko Makaku is yet another stick-fighting art.

Juego de Maní is actually just a dance with martial arts involved.

Doomfists martial arts didnt pkay a role in how he beat Tracer, all he did was grab her.
Well no shit, I never said Chun Li couldn't do that. Doomfist simply predicted Tracer and prioritized, which can happen here. I just don't think it'd be fast enough before Tracer manages to overwhelm with her guns.

No reason it wouldn’t be, speed is equal, and speed wasn’t really an issue unless Doomfist was somehow faster then Tracer when he grabbed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back