• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toy Story discussion thread (1#)

Buzz Lightyear
Buzz Lightyear
Zurg
Zurg
Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Woody (Toy Story)
Sheriff Woody
Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
Jessie (Toy Story)
Jessie (Toy Story)
Slinky Dog (Toy Story)
Slinky Dog
Forky (Toy Story)
Forky
Ducky and Bunny (Toy Story)
Ducky and Bunny
https://vsbattles.fandom
RC (Toy Story)

Guys, shouldn't the toys be 9-C in durability? Like, it's all too consistent.

First of all, these two. Zurg falling was deemed an outlier due to not being any other feats, and the other one was just 10 joules away from being street level and PotatoHead tanked the attack with no damage.

And then there's this one. (Actual Calc is in the comments) It's also 9-C and a reminder of why you should never leave me close to math. (Redux from a guy who actually knows what he's doing)

I do terrible blog posts and you just pull some top-tier math out of your ass how dare ridiculize me like this!

I just revised it with the actual dimensions of a garbage truck (Cut in half to account for the trash already in it) and got 9-C results for all 4 ends

But didn't Woody accidently got damaged while Andy played with hin in Toy Story 2? Granted, It was not even close to kill him, but it definitely inflicted damage on him.

If Woody have really street level durability, then he would even be hatmed by Andy, a small child, accidently pulling him a bit too strong. And the other feats can be explained with their type 2 immortality

Type 2 immortality doesn't explain being undamaged by something, and the toys are specifically weak to tearing (Which is what Andy did)

Gilad Hyperstar said:
But didn't Woody accidently got damaged while Andy played with hin in Toy Story 2? Granted, It was not even close to kill him, but it definitely inflicted damage on him.

If Woody have really street level durability, then he would even be hatmed by Andy, a small child, accidently pulling him a bit too strong. And the other feats can be explained with their type 2 immortality
The toys tank much stronger attacks, they're just weak to being teated apart. Even if they weren't, it would probably be an outlier.

Also, why Ducky and Bunny have possibly higher in their tier? The explaination where they seemingly overpowered an old lady didn't actually happened, and it could either be just an hyperbole, as nothing else from the movie suggest they can really do such a thing

And that's why it's only a possibly (Also nothing said they did, they were just implied to be capable of it)

Joaco0902 said:
The toys tank much stronger attacks, they're just weak to being teated apart. Even if they weren't, it would probably be an outlier.
Seems logical, though Toys don't really feel pain, so they wouldn't get hurt from any attacks that doesn't completely destroy them (for example, there was a toy in toy story 4 that was completely fine with no pain even after he was cut in two by a cat)

I was trying to prove that they have probably done those moves before, It's not like one of them goes "I always wanted to do that!" or something like that.

Yeah, and dodge attacks from a skilled opponent. Just shows they can somewhat hold they (Buzz and Woody) own against them. Not the best, but still an interesting and decent fighting feat (especially Woody's dodging is rather interesting, surprising it hasn't been brought up in more threads).

Back