• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toy Story discussion thread (1#)

Buzz's abilities:

(Same as Woody's) Limited light manipulation (glows in the dark. His laser was used as a lantern once). Limited martial arts (has a very basic karate chop action). Limited flight (can glide with his wings, though he needs extreme speed to archieve this, like that of a firework).

Where did you get acrobatics from? Plus he never shows Martial arts other than with the karate chop...

I just noticed something.

The Buzz from the scene you sent is Buzz, but when he is in "Demon" mode. Demon Buzz (and spanish Buzz too) is a completely different personality than regular Buzz. Think about it. In his fight against Woody, Buzz would have used his Martial arts and absolutely obliterate him, but he didn't. As for acrobatics, I honestly don't know, but it kind of feels right for Buzz to have them.

So, regular Buzz has the abilities I listed above, Demon-Buzz has full Martial arts, and spanish Buzz has acrobatics, right?

All have Acrobatics, don't see why classic shouldn't have the abilities of Demon-Buzz, as Demos for toys are just the test mode. Since that is the case all Buzzes should have Martial Arts even if they tend not to use it.

You can make me believe that they all have acrobatics, but at most I think we can put "possibly Martial arts". Because, really, regular Buzz wss pissed . I can't see a reason as to why he wouldn't have beaten the hell out of Woody if had the chance to do so.

Well yes but Woody wasn't expecting it. But he still doesn't use Martial arts, he just throws some punches. Nothing to do with what Demon Buzz did.

Buzz was basically bloodlusted there, he wanted to destroy Woody. If he didn't do it there, he can't do it.

iirc he says something like "Usually in my planet we do not practice extremely violent acts, but we are not in my planet, are we?

No, but it does mean "Hey, I'm going to use the abilities I have in order to restrain/severely injure my oponnent and win the fight!"

Like, I understood what you meant with "perhaps", but what I meant is that you didn't give an argument or reason as to why we shouldn't believe what I just said. "Perhaps" just seems unmotivated.

Back