• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tourney Match: Lucifer Vs Percy.

Same rules as the others.
Percy was recommended and should be represented by Daddybrawl and Lucy by Pheonosk. I will allow the curse of Achilles and a small body of water in the center if Brawl wants it and Vali’s second 6-C key. This is probably one of the more thematic matches honestly.

The arena was unexpectedly alight with cheers as Percy walked down to the tourney stage he waved a bit and grinned at all the joys of the crowd. His old friends from camp even made a banner for him. His opponent was similarly cheered but by a smaller crowd. He was armored in an elaborate crystal suit, like a over designed Minecraft character. By the way he walked Percy could tell they were close in age. They got together and introduced themselves. “Hey, I’m Percy, nice to meet you. Your name is?”
“Vali, Vali Lucifer.” his voice made it seem more like a scoff than an introduction.
“Can I calm you Lucy?” Percy asked?
This immediately earned him a face punch; which strangely had no effect. He than began to counter attack; starting the fight.

What does Percy start with? And how does he not get destroyed by Divide + Energy Beams?

Divide allows Lucy to half the power of people/attacks and add it to his own. And he spams it lol

Percy, if I recall correctly, goes for Swordplay with his Magic Sword, aka Riptide. Defense against Divide is non-existent, with no way to avoid the draining, but luckily it’s touch-based, and Percy is quite the nimble opponent, alongside wearing Armor and having a Shield. Especially with Water around- he’s going to be far more agile than Vali in it, assuming Speed Equal, I forget if we’ve been doing Speed Equal matches.

Percy upscales from a total of 2.0166511561922e19 Joules and Vali apparently is comparable to 600 Gigatons. I have no clue which is higher, but it’s looking like Vali. Curse of Achilles makes Percy invulnerable to anything short of being hit on a certain weakspot, and increases his power to the point where he one-shots people who were usually comparable, if not stronger than him. And that’s combined with a Water Boost.

Divide is not touch-based. Or at least I don't believe it has to be iirc.

Also, Vali flies in battle. Will that be a problem for him? I don't believe he will be more agile than Vali.

One-shotting isn't happening at all due to Divide lol. His amps are pretty much useless. AP is pretty much irrelevant altogether.

Thinking Vali wins this one quite easily. Energy beams + Divide spam = Percy will never do enough damage to harm him and will be on the run from the gecko. Getting close to Vali will be difficult, and even if he does, Vali is a great fighter with many years of experience. He's no slouch in close combat.

Last edited:
Oh I’m sorry. Nothing on the Profile was called ‘Divide’, so i looked at what best fit the description, aka the Light Wings, which were the only technique listed to actually add the absorbed power to Vali’s own. If you mean ‘Half Dimension’, as it’s listed on the profile.... yeah, folding Percy in half is one way to win the battle.

Percy’s held his own against Flying characters before. If needed, I believe he can use nearby Water to sweep away his foes with Ranged attacks. OOC, he can also create Storms, but he never actually uses that in a fight.

Does Divide actually work on Physical attacks? The example given for it shrinks down an Energy Projectile to the point where it disappears, different from simple Sword shrinks.

Percy May only need a solid swipe of Riptide, which is strong enough to harm 4-C Ares and slice through most monsters like a Hot Knife through Butter. This also depends on if Vali would be considered Supernatural or not. Percy’s going to be more agile than Vali in a speed = match due to nearby Water, and can even use said Water as a Projectile. And if Divide doesn’t work on Physical attacks, or Vali doesn’t tend to shrink enemies into oblivion via Half Dimension, than Percy stands a chance.
Sadly, you’re probably correct that Vali takes this low-diff. Just trying to defend him.

Divine Dividing is the ability name. But it's listed under his sacred gear I believe. I'm pretty sure he can half the power of the opponents themselves, basically meaning everything they do will have half the potency. Which would include Percy's physicals. (Iirc during his first fight against Issei he did that)

And yeah, he takes the halved power and adds it to himself... So he will always have a big AP advantage.

...oh hey , they start in close range. Interesting. The question is now: Can Percy slice Vali with Riptide, which somewhat ignores Durability against Supernatural Creatures, before Vali takes to the skies and Divides?

If yes, well then, Vali’s probably screwed as Riptide lets him harm the likes of Ares, and as a supernatural creature (Classification says Devil, which should be verse equalized to the likes of Monsters), Vali’s going to poof into dust due to the Celestial Bronze from something as simple as a solid blow.
If not... yeah, Vali wins easily,

Wouldn't it just be reflected back at Percy anyway?

Hmm, he's a half-human... Not sure if that changes anything tho

Is his Reflect passive?

And is it in-character to lead with Reflection?

Edit: Hm... good question. In the books, Celestial Bronze still affects Demigods, which are half Humans and Half Deity, but it’s at the rate of what you’d expect from a sword. However, the Deities are far from the Monsters, we’ve never seen a Half-Human Half-Monster to my knowledge.

Oh crap, Vali has a weakness to Holy stuff. That’s right in Percy’s favor, with Celestial Bronze being scrap from Hephaestus’ works and Percy being a demigod himself. Yikes.

It's barely a weakness though, since he's half human it doesn't effect him that much.

I'll get back to this a bit later.

Riptide should not one-shot a half-human, even with Vali's weakness to holy stuff (isn't he specifically weak to abrhamic holy stuff? The Greek pantheon exists in his world, too).

Regardless, he can create and repair a full body armor at will, can constantly divide Percy's power and take it for himself, divide his size even, and just generally destroy with range. I don't see him being able to really win here.

bump.

Ye voting for Vali. Divide Spam + Range is already enough to secure his victory. And on top of it he has reflection, teleportation, forcefields, and regeneration, so...

i mean... there's legit nothing percy can do here. This is likely a stomp.

Ok vali moves on.

This round might be done soon if more people get on the other matches.

Back