• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touma's resistance to hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at his profile, I only found that Touma had resistance to Poison, that was because of his status as an Esper.

Doesn't Touma have some resistance to the others?
example: Resistance to Death Manipulation in Index S1, eps 9, minute 10:45 and 11:50.
And
Resistance to Reality Warping in NT 9 based on the fact that he was still alive after Othinus destroyed the world.

Now my question, is my statement correct that he has resistance to these two haxes? And does he have resistance to other abilities? I'm curious about that.

Can you clarify the death one a bit more - preferably from LN?

As for reality, no. That doesn't apply. Othinus wanted him to suffer and know, which is why he was """unaffected""" by changes. It's not that he resisted it, but because othinus wanted it to be that way.

As for reality, no. That doesn't apply. Othinus wanted him to suffer and know, which is why he was """unaffected""" by changes. It's not that he resisted it, but because othinus wanted it to be that way.
Resistance to Death Manipulation

Kamijou looked at Aureolus’s eyes; they made him think of gun barrels. Those eyes were
serious. He moved his right hand in urgency. No, he tried to. If he didn’t stop this, then
Aureolus would definitely get Himegami involved. Little by little, inch by inch, he forced
his right hand to come up off the floor and pulled it to his face. He touched his index
finger of his ultimate right hand to his tooth and bit down on it.
It sounded like all his bones had broken, with it returned his body’s freedom. This was
his chance. Kamijou got up. Now he had to push Himegami out of the way and make
Aureol—
“—Die.”
In that moment, his words made time stop.
Stabbed to death. Strangled to death. Poisoned to death. Shot to death, sliced to death,
bashed to death, publicly executed, crucified, incinerated, suffocated, crushed, run over,
frozen, drowned, bombed. He compared it to every single way of killing he knew, and yet
it didn’t give him any insight as to the cause of Himegami’s death.
There were no wounds. There was no blood loss. There clearly wasn’t sickness.
She just died.
It was just like her batteries had run out. If such a thing as a soul really existed, it was
like it had been removed from her body, leaving an empty shell.
She didn’t even scream.
Her body swayed heavily. It leaned backward, faceup—as if to show Kamijou her face—
and she started to fall. Slowly. Slowly. Himegami’s face began to come into sight.
Himegami’s face was wrinkled and twisted into a smile.
One that seemed about to burst into tears even now, yet never showing a single drop. It
wasn’t from sudden surprise or shock. That smile said that she was prepared for this,
but she wasn’t able to change the outcome.
Himegami Aisa understood from the start that standing before Aureolus would bring
this about.
But she had still clung to one last hope, smaller even than a ray, and tried to stop him.
No one had wanted her, and she was treated like an object until the very end.
In the same way the alchemist wasn’t able to become the hero, the death of Deep Blood,
Himegami Aisa, was decided simply, as if removing a piece of humanoid scenery.
There was no way...he could just watch this silently.
(Don’t you...)
With the alchemist no longer in his sights, Kamijou darted toward the falling Himegami
Aisa without a second thought. He didn’t have a reason. It just felt like if she hit the floor,
that magical death would come into reality and never again be changed.
“—Don’t you ******* give me that!”
Somehow, he was able to grab her body with both hands just before she crumpled to the
ground. Her body was extremely light...like something very important had fallen out of
it.
In his arms was the girl’s body, strangely soft.
But though weak, a pulse could definitely be felt...through the right hand he caught her
with.
“Wha...has your right hand annulled my Ars Magna?” The alchemist’s eyes froze.
“Impossible. I have surely decided the death of Himegami Aisa. Does that right hand
incorporate some heavenly mysteries!?”

- OT 2, chapter 3, part 5

And

Kamijou exhaled slightly and tried to burst into a sprint toward Aureolus. Aureolus did
nothing about it. All he did was take a single acupuncture needle out of his clothes
pocket and insert it into his neck.
There were ten meters between them. If he put his back into it, he could close that in
four strides—
“—Suffocate.”
But after Kamijou took the first step, he suddenly lost all momentum.
It felt like a steel cable wrapped around his neck, and he flinched and bent over at the
pain. He grabbed his neck with his right hand like a person suffering from imbibed
poison might.
The memories lost to Aureolus had been revived like that, and Himegami, ordered to die,
avoided death like this.
However, his breathing didn’t return to normal.
He wasn’t able to take a breath; it was like instant glue had hardened in the back of his
throat.
(Calm down...Calm down!)
As Kamijou gasped for breath, he dislodged the fingers of his right hand from his throat.
(What was it he said? Bind my neck with a rope? ...No. It was more vague, more simple.
He was just saying my breath should stop and I should die, wasn’t he!?)
So he took his fingers from his throat and forced them all the way into his mouth. Like
someone trying to throw up something they just ate. His fingertip touched the back of
his throat; as the urge to vomit jolted through him, he heard the sound of glass breaking,
and his breath returned.

- OT 2, chapter 4, part 1

Last edited:

As for Reality Warping, didn't Othinus want Touma to suffer after knowing that Touma wasn't affected by her Reality Warping?

“It no longer matters how you perceive the situation. Who it was that disappeared is a trivial matter. The problem that lies before you is that only the two of us are here,” said Othinus disinterestedly. She sounded like someone who had downloaded an app to kill time late at night but found out it was even more boring than expected. “And you seem confused as to the scale we are talking about.”

- NT 9, chapter 5, part 1

And

“And so.” Othinus paused for a beat before continuing. “Rather than smashing every last bit of you to pieces, it would be better to break you mentally. I will use you as a cage to trap Imagine Breaker. That power of yours will be completely useless.”

-NT 9, chapter 5, part 3

Last edited:
Resistance to Death Manipulation

And
Reality warping and death manip negation seems more fitting than resistance to death manip

As for Reality Warping, didn't Othinus want Touma to suffer after knowing that Touma wasn't affected by her Reality Warping?

And
Been a few years since I read it so I could be misremembering, but pretty sure she didn't actually want to warp reality for him. She was warping everything around him instead.

But even if she failed, its moreso because his right hand can negate RW effects, like he did with Ars Magna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back