• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can someone tell me what this ability falls under?

"Protect or destroy,” whispered Othinus as she sat on the back of the bench and leaned her back against his. “You can only choose one or the other. And that decision will affect not only you but everyone you know. It will decide everything for all of them.”

“What are you asking me to do?” asked the boy as he trembled. “You will save the world even if I don’t do anything. You just showed me that! So what do you want from me? What is there left for me to do in this utterly perfect world? What are you entrusting to me!?”

“It is quite simple.” Othinus’s tone was so carefree it almost seemed she would start whistling. “As you said, this world is perfect. Utterly perfect. Everything is protected by the golden ratio calculated out based on the assumption that Kamijou Touma does not exist. But think about it in reverse. Your mere presence here will cause a malfunction in this world. An unnecessary gear or a single wedge can obstruct the movement of every other gear. …That is the current state and it will soon begin to collapse. I do not know if it will happen one second from now or one month from now, but it will happen. It will happen the instant this world remembers that you are still here.”

Magic God Othinus glanced at Kamijou with her one eye and gave her conclusion.
NT9 Chapter 6 Beta

Can someone clue me in on the type of ability Othinus is using here?
The first thing that came to my mind is causality manipulation

Can someone clue me in on the type of ability Othinus is using here?
The first thing that came to my mind is causality manipulation
Yea, it's part of her Phase Manipulation. But when Othinus talks about the world will changed by Kamijou's presence refering to his presence akin to anomaly, because what Othinus changed is "if" reality without him.

Yea, it's part of her Phase Manipulation. But when Othinus talks about the world will changed by Kamijou's presence refering to his presence akin to anomaly, because what Othinus changed is "if" reality without him.
So it is like Causality Manipulation?
Since the Cause is "Reality without Touma" and the Effect is the World Collapsing due to Touma's presence?

So it is like Causality Manipulation?
Since the Cause is "Reality without Touma" and the Effect is the World Collapsing due to Touma's presence?
No, it isn't like that. Phase Manipulation already include Causality Manipulation, when Othinus saying that the world will crumble by mere presence of Kamijou, it's meaning that Kamijou is anomaly in already perfect world, and his presence is not necessary.

Back