• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toujou Karuna vs The Blob

So, I'll start with mindhax.

He doesn't seem to resist the biological kind, and Blob constantly does that.

Given Appraisal Extremity, Information Extremity, Future Prediction Extremity, Perception Extremity, Mind Reading Extremity and Command & Leadership Extremity Karuna on the first look knows everything about Blob and what it plans on doing and does the correct judgement on the situation.

So assuming you mean the blinking lights hypnosis Karuna simply takes countermeasures against seeing the light.

He then proceeds to time stop.

In fact, seeing that this is speed unequal Karuna probably defeats it before it even gets to do the hypnosis stuff.

So, going at them one at a time.

Would appraisal work on the entirety? The blob, as the flesh monster, is every piece of biological being it got upgraded and working together, from single cellurals to blue whales.

Information Extremity seems more useful here, but if he stops to think then he'd just be affected regardless.

Is future prediction passive at all times?

Command and leadership isn't listed in the ability section, but I doubt it makes him any more skilled then I LOVE YOU.

The mind manip works through the light (which is constantly emmitedd, and the contrameasures your describing doesn't seem to be faster than him just seeing the thing), pheromones (in the air around it), it infeccting you with cancer by being too close to it (cancer which it can control), and telepathy (tough this is likely supernatural).

And I'm guessing he still breathes in stopped time, and I don't see him killing it regardless, since I see no way for him to kill trillions of single cell beings that make it up.

Jeez, forgot about mind reading.

He'll be having one hell of a headache with reading the entirety of the hivemind.

Appraisal works on all kinds of species and objects, so yeah I don't see why it wouldn't give him the general rundown. At least the general rundown of everything before him.

The information simply flows into his head, so he doesn't need to think. And he has parallel thinking and thought acceleration making him much faster in this than he speed stat would suggest and able to do all these things at once.

He has to activate future prediction, though once his other abilities (e.g. the passive danger sense) make him realize the opponent is a thread he will.

It's listed in his intelligence section. It doesn't need to make him more skilled, it just needs to make him have proper judgement.

Btw. what is passive is good luck extremity. So unless the attack is really difficult for Karuna he can evade by pure luck.

Karunas danger sense will warn him of pheromones and the virus. And after he has got the information on the thing he knows it either way. And cancer can easily be healed via time reversal. Heck, Karunas healing ability is so high, he can heal dead people back to full health.

And... literally just closes his eyes or something against the light, uses his instant magic to create a barrier or whatever.

Killing that many cells isn't difficult. He can just incinerate the entire area, use instant death magic, seal it away, put the entire area into pocket space etc. Trillions of single cell beings on a pile aren't actually that hard to kill by normal means.

Him thinking faster doesn't mean that he would act before looking at it.

And all of the blobs attacks are aoe in all directions except it's insects.

Healing wouldn't make cancer go away since it's whole point that cells don't die but reproduce uncontrollably, time reversal should work tough.

It... kind of is. Nuclear fission doesn't destroy the individual cells. It seperates them, but the whole reason why they didn't nuke it was because it would both make it adapt and not kill it.

Instant death would have problems for many reasons:

Can it kill that many things? Each cell has a soul of it's own and all, so it's not like killing a full organism with many cells.

How does he seal each one of them?

And... they aren't in a pile. They constantly release cells in gasous, liquid, solid and just about any other way possible. They release spores too, and the dead tissue still creates alive duplicates that then feed on the tissue.

And even when dead, it releases radiation that causes other versions to grow.

Hell, the thing has versions of itself in a pocket dimension where it BFRs people to.

So fire won't kill them all, killing it doesn't stop it's reproduction, it isn't in one conceise area and it has parts of itself in a pocket dimension.

And it's willing to fight eternally, something that Toujou is probably unwilling to do.

Unless its passive, takes effect instantly and has several kilometers range it kinda does.

Karuna literally just has to apply any effect that defeats these things to the entire area, there is no need to target any of them individually and kill them one after another.

Also, are you suggesting the cells have city level dura?

When it comes to it Karuna could literally just keep them frozen in time until he wins via incap.

This version has also no resistance to mind manip, so winning like that is also possible.

(I also think Karuna can skill steal abilities that are biological properties from people, but I would have to check up on that...)

And Karuna has space manip for pocket dimensions, so ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

At the beginning of the battle they aren't spread out. This is gonna take maybe two seconds tops before we get to the timestop point. They won't get to spread far in that time, for all intents and purposes still being on a point.

Giving up, unless somehow forced by the opponent, is not possible. And tbh if it came this far Karuna can literally just start summoning loads of demons and angels and create autonomously fighting magical devices.

It's passive, affects anything that can see it (or hear it, or sense it, or just... anything that is capable of perceiving it in general), and it does work from kilometers given that the target can perceive them, which is simple with type 3 large size.

Except you didn't give me how he does this, because destroying things like prions are really freaking hard to destroy.

No... but something with that level of small size doesn't need it, because physics are a thing. They are blasted apart, and the energy not being able to concentrate on something that small just pushed them away instead of destroying them.

No... incap doesn't work with stopped time... the point of incap is time passing. And there was a whole thread about how incap is only valid if you don't need to continuously effect the character to do it (constantly willing walls around someone wouldn't count, but making walls around them and then going to eat a pizza would).

It has god knows how many minds, and any single piece that tries to rebel just gets devoured.

I much doubt he can steal from an entire species at once, or that he can target bacteria and smaller things for the matter.

Universe sized ones? Because that is not High 8-C...

In-fact, why the hell is he High 8-C? He can make storms that blatantly fit at least low 7-B, and "shaking a mountain" is at least 8-B.

Two seconds is a long time. This thing makes forests in a minute, spreading out cells in two seconds would be immensely easy.

Yes it is. The only thing changed about characters is their willingness to kill. Suicidal people will still be suicidal, arrogant people will still be arrogant, and megalomaniac people can be subjected to just being offered something they won't refuse by characters like Cipher and Chara.

I might also need to make a match with him with ILY since it and blob just stalemate each other... given that you give a reason for him to stay High 8-C.

Back