• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou - Smal Country Scale for Celestials?

With all the Touhou nerfs recently let's try to give them a small buff. Well one character at least. To start off with let's show the Celestials.

Celestials (Õñ®õ║║ tennin, literally "sky person", "heaven person" or "deva") are former humans, a type of hermit that can be divided in two classes: those who gained immortality and ascended to Heave, and those who attained enlightenment and entered Nirvana; the latter lack physical bodies and must possess others to re-enter the world. An earthly hermit can undergo training to qualify for promotion to celestial, but most celestials are transformed from normal humans on a case-by-case basis.

Celestials aren't exactly angels but are instead formerly humans. Mainly a type of hermit that ascended into what they desire, whether they end up in Niravana or become an angelic being. Of course Tenshi seems more like the type that ended up in heaven because A) she's in heaven and B) not much facts support her being something from Nirvana.

From the looks of it too humans/hermits should be able to turn into Celestials if the criteria is met. It should be relating to the same requirements for asciension such as throwing away earthly desires and becoming stronger. Miko and Byakuren desire immortality, the latter has it more as a side goal and is really less of a focus, and one of the best ways to end up being immortal is to basically become a Celestial.

Yet neither of them are on that level yet despite being Small Country-Level OP Mages. That should mean that celestials are on an equal level if not higher than them. And that includes Tenshi who's still a credible Celestial. So what I'm basically arguing is Small Country Level Troublemaking Tenshi.

It's arguable that they could have chosen not to become celestial but why would Toyosatom-Tosa-Toyota... The Miko that is Byakuren's rival lose that chance? She doesn't seem to have any other goals right now unlike Byakuren. Arguing that Byakuren is too busy is another factor but if she became a Celestial won't her words be more meaningful to humans and youkai?

Considering that other final bosses are on a higher level or similar level, well basically this is also supported by the fact that in canon Tenshi >>> Cirno who's Island level. Using the idea of Stages mean power is silly, but take into account the level of power of the character. It might be a danmaku match but the 'final boss ranking' still accounts for just what a celestial is.

Other Final Bosses

Well maybe considering that final bosses/religious leaders have a level comparable to SmallCountry level feats.

Should be appicable to Scarlet Sisters (Then again they already are), Yuyuko, Mokou, Kaguya, Eirin's low end, Miko and Byakuren (Both already have it).

TLDR

- Hermits and Buddhists want to be immortal so why not become Celestial? Or are they not strong enough?

- Small Country level scaling for final boss-esque characters

Also for an additional note, I feel like this should be added to Eirin's equipment. It's debatable on whether it should be included for the main characters but since they used it... Well open to suggestions. Either way it's a creation of hers that basically makes them temporarily immortal and be capable of seeing the future.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Ultramarine_Orb_Elixir

Why would celestials be Country level and not Small Country level?

Gah, meant small country. Editting. Just got so used to country since small is such a small word. But then again if they were superior to hermits and whatnots.... Well it's not too far off now. But hey that's to debate.

You're right that it's not too far off, but it's better to be safe.

I'm fine with Tenshi being Small Country level. At least may or may not be applicable.

Probably better that way until we get more concrete feats and more understanding of how the relation between buddhists/hermits work with Celestial. What about for the others like Mokou, Kaguya and Yuyuko?

I have no complaints with them being boosted to Small Country level; though you'd also have to boost Eirin's lowball and some other stats through scaling.

@Andy not that one. The one that was used in LOLK (I can never get used to typing this. It feels like I'm using slang). But that would be an option too.

The black hole here is probably the supermassive black hole in the center of the Milky Way galaxy though (Then again, it could be exaggerated)

Maybe Eiki and Aya should be included considering their level of power. Not sure about Komachi, Youmu and Reisen though. Thoughts? I feel like I'm pushing it with the latter three and I doubt we could just scale every Final and Ex Boss of here, or can we?

Eiki, definitely.

Not sure about the others. Would we scale Sakuya to it?

Always assumed she was the more haxx of the group. But then there's the damage accumulation. Would say that Sanae can scale too since she doesn't meed prep time but unsure.

Eiki can be upgraded.

I think the others should be left at "At least 6-C" for now. That's the safe side of things.

Another note. Forgot about Sumireiko. Would she be Small Country too? Though thinking about how she was about to destroy the Hakurei should it be higher than that?

Yukari isn't bother by that, remember? That's mean either she know Sumireiko's going to fail, or she just doesn't have the capacity in the first place.

Back