• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Infinite Speed Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to temporarily close the thread until Saikou comes back, the only one on the opposite side who "tried to argue against" the supporters was Mal. And as mentioned the op is wrong on how the second feat took place.

Finally, a legitimate question, if the wiki treats the Kaguya corridor as H3A-L2C "Created an infinite corridor which is composed by infinitely linking gaps in space-time together" why crossing that doesn't give infinite speed if the wiki itself recognizes the corridor as indeed infinite and the feats of infinite distance within a finite amount of time are allowed?

Yeah traveling infinite space in a uknown but not infinite amount of time is accepted

We don't know how far away the false moon/sealed chamber is, is the thing. There's nothing indicating how far away it is from the earth; it may as well exist in a vacuum.

So let me ask you this: Where is your evidence that the false moon/sealed chamber is a finite distance away? Because you have yet to prove that. Until you provide scans, nobody will have any reason to believe you. And, of course,
unknown.png
What is your evidence that it's actually an infinite distance away? It supposedly ends at some random point in space between the Earth and the "false moon". Why should we assume that this random spot is some "infinite" distance away from Earth.

Don't try to shift the burden of proof now.

Why does it need to be the edge of the universe specifically? And again, you've still yet to prove that the distance actually is finite. You just. Keep saying that with 0 evidence.

Not to beat a dead horse, but,
unknown.png
It doesn't need to be at the "edge of the universe" specifically, hence the "or whatever". It just needs to be in some location that could logically justify the "sealed chamber" or "false moon" being an "infinite" distance away, such as some dimension outside the universe in its entirety, or some "border realm" at the "end" of the universe.

If it ends at some random point in spacetime, that alone is proof enough that it's not an infinite distance away. Again, truly "infinite" corridors don't need "exits" or "outs". If the corridor was truly "infinite", there would be no reason for any of the parties involved to even bother making "exits" or "outs" for it in the first place. The corridor itself could reasonably function as the "sealed chamber" or whatnot.

Honestly, I fully agree with this. If the OP is unwilling to support his own points then why are we even here? Not like he's banned or anything; he could come back at anytime and is choosing not to.
Actually, we should probably take a vote as to whether or not to close this thread until Saikou responds. Makes it a bit easier to keep track of.

Agree: Nierre, FujiwaraYesMokou, OverlordDonnelly, Livinmeme

Disagree:
I already said earlier that this thread should be closed, so count me in. OP hasn't responded to any counterarguments and most people disagree with him. Until we get a proper rebuttal, the thread should be closed.
Saikou has been active on discord all these days ever since he posted the OP, so yeah, he more than likely doesn't care about the thread at all.
That'd probably work then.

IIRC somebody I know who knows Saikou over Discord said he didn't interact with the thread because he "didn't feel the need to respond to threadbanned users".

...But there were also plenty of debunks from non-banned members, so who the **** knows what his actual reasoning is.
Sure. Keeping the name and pfp blacked out since idk if the person in question wants to be known.
unknown.png
I disagree with the thread being closed, but mainly because I'm certain that one of you people who has contacts with people who know Saikou can get those contacts to urge Saikou to come back to the thread, now that the main users involved aren't threadbanned anymore.

There's also the fact that other staff members can and have weighed in even without Saikou, although given the lack of staff response to any of the recent Touhou thread spammings, I'm guessing they're all basically tired of dealing with Touhou threads in general. Quite frankly, I can't blame them.

What is your evidence that it's actually an infinite distance away? It supposedly ends at some random point in space between the Earth and the "false moon". Why should we assume that this random spot is some "infinite" distance away from Earth.

Don't try to shift the burden of proof now

we alredy say the infinite space takes in another space he alredy ilustrated how it works

I disagree with the thread being closed, but mainly because I'm certain that one of you people who has contacts with people who know Saikou can get those contacts to urge Saikou to come back to the thread, now that the main users involved aren't threadbanned anymore.
The thread can be closed and reopened when he comes back. Clearly you guys aren't going to get to a conclusion or any type of mutual agreement so it should wait until the OP comes back.
There's also the fact that other staff members can and have weighed in even without Saikou
And how many of them are knowledgeable on Touhou? How many of them read through the whole thread instead of just reading the OP? How many of them actually responded back to replies or debunks?

Like I said there's no point of this thread still being open. Even as of now it's literally just you vs Fujiwara, whom the latter has already stated that is better that the thread gets closed until the OP comes back.

There's also the fact that other staff members can and have weighed in even without Saikou, although given the lack of staff response to any of the recent Touhou thread spammings, I'm guessing they're all basically tired of dealing with Touhou threads in general. Quite frankly, I can't blame them.

You really can't blame them, I agree. You and Mokou's interactions don't really create a welcoming environment. That aside, no offense to the staff. If they were so tired of it, they could've handled the three active threads that needed ONE thing approved/denied each instead of the dead thread that was nothing more than disagreement and back and forth that hadn't, or will, come to a close since both sides are at a disagreement.

As for the burden of proof, you're the one stating the dialogue and plot point are meaningless. I don't think any of your claims had any sort of evidence within the series itself outside your own...uh..."logic"? Which, again, is not enough. The burden of proof is currently on the party that initiated this thread. You need to prove the feats are invalid using evidence within the series. And yet every "evidence" brought recently was nothing more than baseless interpretation using, for the most part, unknown knowledge. Aside from that, the only reason I didn't continue/respond to the previous post

A) People were talking about shutting the thread so, I felt I should wait till a decision was made
B) Either way, no matter what I say. I get the feeling the mindset you have won't change. And the backforth will/kinda has devolved into repeated points. And at this stage, unless further clarification is needed. A detailed summary between both sides is simply the best solution.

I meant Saikou's response, if you could. I understand if you can't, but having the man's comment itself up there as confirmation would dispel any doubts.
(Screenshots not mine)
Not like it matters much now, but here.
IMG_1766.png

IMG_1767.png

Hmm. It doesn't seem like this thread will lead anywhere, especially with Saikou missing in action.
In that case, do we have permission to close this thread until Saikou returns to respond?

And, if that is the case, would I have permission to add scans and references to the profiles with listed infinite speed feats so as to hopefully avoid confusion regarding the nature of the feats?

This thread has been really clogged since last days

if Saikou is not going to answer, isnt better to close the thread and create a new one with @Malomtek arguments (if he wants to, of course).
Because this thread has been going in circles in these last days and no evalution has been done because nobody really knows what is being argued.
And I doubt that others users are willing to read 2 pages with several Long Comments in a circle reasoning

Right.

Mal is free to make a downgrade thread of his own if the OP of this one is unwilling to defend his points.

As I recall, you mentioned having some large-scale CRT planned right before you got topic banned, so I'll be looking forward to that.

Also let's maybe not focus on who does/doesn't know Saikou and stay on track with whether or not we should close this thread.

In that case, do we have permission to close this thread until Saikou returns to respond?
I'm pretty sure users can't close threads made by other users. Only the staff can do that.

This thread has been really clogged since last days

if Saikou is not going to answer, isnt better to close the thread and create a new one with @Malomtek arguments (if he wants to, of course).
Because this thread has been going in circles in these last days and no evalution has been done because nobody really knows what is being argued.
And I doubt that others users are willing to read 2 pages with several Long Comments in a circle reasoning
At this point, I've changed my mind. The thread should indeed be closed, if its creator is unwilling to jump in against the "puppets of threadbanned users", nor even the now unthreadbanned users themselves at the moment.

Actually, we should probably take a vote as to whether or not to close this thread until Saikou responds. Makes it a bit easier to keep track of.

Agree: Nierre, FujiwaraYesMokou, OverlordDonnelly, Livinmeme, Navarro, Malomtek, Bernkastelll

Disagree:
I agree the thread should be closed until Saikou returns, there's no reason for it to continue at this point as currently everything he initially brought up has either been debunked or proved to be a misconception, and he hasn't yet to reply to anything. At this point the thread exists to just continue a debate running in circles, and distract from other Touhou CRTs from being seen. This is frankly a little ridiculous at this point.

Thread probably still needs to be evaluated by other people even if Saikou does not want to participate. I see there were points on both sides which people agreed with, so if someone could probably remake it with current details, we can get more input on it.

If so, probably more staff members should be called to input. I haven't read it completely but it seems like the back and forth won't end and we can reach some conclusion only by analyzing the points already said above by getting more input.

But I already called for plenty of staff members here, and they were mostly not able to help out.

Then I guess probably someone can make a fresh to-the-point thread, if they want. We can't exactly stop discussion just because one of our knowledgeable staff members is no longer active.

Okay. I am fine with if somebody creates a new thread about this in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back