• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou General Discussion Thread 1: Kasen stahp. (also spoilers, so uhh yeah)

Well it is true. The question is how applicable it'd be. For reminders:

Hell < Netherworld < Heaven in term of size

Suika destroyed Heaven

Yukari weakened the boundary between Gensokyo and the Netherworld

The Yamas increasing the size of the Netherworld

Doremy re-created the Netherworld in a Dream

Doremy also re-created the Land of the Backdoors in a dream, which should probably be comparable in size to the afterlifes now.

So, it is pretty clear, there are three options:

1. We give High 3-A to many, many characters. (Or rethink our scaling first)

2. We dismiss all of those feats as outliers.

3. We dismiss Infinite hell as a real, canon statement.

Well it's important to note that some of the High 3-A "feats" might be doubtful. We'll have to see which ones holds up and then decide if it's an outlier or not.

There are also some supporting stuff for High 3-A before we learnt of High 3-A hell, such as Kaguya creating an infinite corridor by placing endless pieces of space-time at the end of each other, and Miko dispelling said corridor by absorbing the space. And Komachi making the Sanzu River infinite with her powers.

Yeah, It should better be judged on a case-by-case basis. Eirin also had the Klein Bottle statement, so I'm sold on her and Doremmy being at least "Likely High 3-A".

I got something i really curious about:

1. Why Sumireko always be in top 50 in popularity pools? Her design and theme are good, her personality is kind sympathic due of her being horrible anxiety mental.

2. Jo'on kind get demonitize while Shion are praised, is that true? Because i read that Shion has done worse than her younger sister did

Yeah only two, but that two make me curious lately so yeah

Another discussion will a new main characters joining? So far we have Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu, Sanae, and Reisen. Not counting Aya and Cirno since they more like a secondary main characters

1. You answered your own question, buddy.

2. That's a lie. While Shion did her share of bad things, Joon is far, far worse and treats her sister like shit.

We haven't had a new character since, like, 2009 so I doubt so.

1. Waitwhat?!

2. Ah i see, tho saying she treat her elder sister like a shit is bit too far lel, tool are more fitting

If that case who are the characters you guys think can join the main six? Mine are Seija and Sumireko, one for lulz one for a really interesting concept

Sumireko's too distant to join the main cast, and Seija's too contraritarian to join the protags. Protags tends to be servants of bosses and Stage 5 bosses (Sakuya, Youmu, Sanae, Reisen). So that would include: Shou, Mononobe no Futo, Clownpiece and Okina's dancers. But idk, I don't feel like any of them could work.

Yeah, pretty much what i think, Sumireko is kind of close tbh due of many theories and stuff flying around her, but otherwise yeah she too distant.

I want to including Alice but she's more towards main pair/crush character to the main characters so yeah

Correction, a main pair/crush companion characters.

Also would Mokou could be work as new main character? Also should we need big bad characters in Touhou?

Yeah, and Seija is basically a delinquent, and the moon people is basically moon elves in their own special bubble that doesn't want to have anything to do with us if they can.

And yeah, having an over-arching big bad would be a massive shift in tone at the very least, and forever lock Touhou into a conflict with that specific big bad as the very worst, going against the freedom nature of the land of illusion.

Seija as big bad kind of odd, because what Andy said she's just a deliquent naughty a** youkai. I bet if ZUN really want to introduce big bad boss either it will be Sariel or....Rikako

@Andy

Since you're here who characters do you think can join the main six?

Sumireko is definitely the closest, since she basically have more apperance than Sakuya as of late (though still wouldn't be as famous). We kinda have to wait and see though.

ULiL, AoCF, and Violet Detector, yeah she has lot's of appearance lately, still always in top 50 lel :'v

I'm not surprised if Sumireko becoming Reimu of outworld in future, but that's gonna take a lot of work.

There is Mokou who closest one, and......Yorigami sisters, but they need huge redemption for that

Mokou is a shut-in within her forest, kinda the same with Flandre, and Yorigami sister literally doesn't have anything to do with Touhou at all, aside from their arc.

Based from main story ending, the sisters might be have a role in dream world, aside that yeah, not giving anything to Gensokyo..for now.

Poor Raikou, she just want an attention, but tbf everyone in DDC who not named Seija, Shinyomaru, Kagerou, and Wakasagihime are really easy to forgotten

See. This is too dangerous of a situation.

For real I'll do it later. Maybe even today if I get my ass up to do it.

Back