• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou General Discussion Thread 1: Kasen stahp. (also spoilers, so uhh yeah)

Question.

On the beginning, nothing in this world had a name. It was a world in which all things were mixed together in chaos. However, the gods in those ancient times gave a name to every last thing, and so the orderly world we see today was born. When naming something, a new border is created that makes it recognizable as one thing.

By changing its name, a god changes its nature, which is evidence that a god's name is only one aspect of their selves. In the beginning, the gods had a much more ambiguous shape, so they were nameless entities with no particular distinctions.

Does or does'n'sdvt this qualify as Transduality?

It's already added in as Conceptual Manip and resistance to conceptual manip. Admittedly I don't know much about the rules about Transduality so idk, just that it seems like the most wanked ability nowadays.

btw abilities thread

Time to bring an actual discussion rather than seeing Junko-chan shitpost over and over ovo

Alright here we go:

1. I'm still impressed how popular Koishi until now like she not that popular back when SA released right? And now look what we get now, get a 1st place in 2017 (or 2016? i forgot lel), dunno in 2018 but i believe she's in around top 5. Impressive i say.

2. Anyone thinking we should get a Touhou game with really decent voice performance and gameplay outside the canon one? Gensyoko Wanderer and Luna Light are good but they need more of it, the other that i forgot their name are not quite decent in gameplay aside for fun, so here hoping a new game like *that Touhou game with Sakuya as the protag voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro that i again forgot the name* equality or fighting game that like Hitotenshoku and ULiL/AoCF but with voice and now you can fight in land and air (i'm looking at you Arcys, pls make it happen!!)

3. What is your favorite doujin series? Mine is Ichikai series and the anthology series in darker but with really deep lore way which i forgot the author name due i read it fricking years ago

4. How the thing with Touhou anime's? I'm surprised there is new episode from Fantasy Kaleidoscope. The last thing i remember is an anime about Renko and Maribel.

5. Which Marisa harem are you pic!? Because now Marisa get two new girl in her party!! ovo

6. Do you think ZUN will pull another culture mix this time? Because heck Hecatia is surely a greek inspired and Clownpiece is personafication of MURICA so aside Japanese-Chinese cultural why not new culture?

Whew that's long, why so long because i love this fandom hence why i goes all out with this discussion.

And now for bonus, VSBW related: is anyone in 6-C can get a fair fight with this punching bag? I firstly want to use Koishi but then i need to think back.

1. Overrated

2. I doubt ZUN would pull that. Giving the characters a "canon" voice wouldn't mesh well with fanon.

3. I don't doujin much, I'm afraid

4. There is like a couple of fanmade anime over the place. I don't follow the much.

5. Reimu x Marisa.

6. Clownpiece isn't actually "american". She's more closely related to greek culture than anything, like Hecatia, and only borrows the flag from america.

Also plz don't put any Touhou against any DI characters.

1. HERESY

2. Mai Nakahara and Miyuki Sawashiro are the perfect example for Reimu and Sakuya "canon" voice but aside that i kinda agree, beside how do you think about other i mention?

3. Yeah sure you must afraid ovo

4. RIP, not best person to ask about this then

5. Ah i see, truly man of culture there

6. Welp here we goes my brain can't remember fully again lmao. How do you think about the rest?

I mean they are not busted af tho, even Wilhelm has a bad record

I meant like fan-stuff in general. I'm a sucker for canon.

Also considering how 90% of those kind of Touhou doujins contain stuff that rhymes with "Grape" or gore, you'll excuse me for not being fully interested in those.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I meant like fan-stuff in general. I'm a sucker for canon.
Also considering how 90% of those kind of Touhou doujins contain stuff that rhymes with "Grape" or gore, you'll excuse me for not being fully interested in those.
This is for point 2?

I mean, gore can be good if you managing it in creative way like combine it with lore or for emotional moments like what Ichikai did, i dunno what grape is so i pass it.

Ciruno Fortes said:
For Touhou doujins reccing Warugaki's work, Zounose's aint bad with how intriguing it can be, the story about Immortals at the end of the universe (Mokou and Kaguya) is quite fun (Universal Remi ftw) and so much more. It's what makes me love the franchise.
On another note

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrsBYebyp0A
That remind me with the other Ichikai doujin i read, same premise world end while Mokou and Kaguya just waiting in their last time while the ending make me frustrated because how cliffhanger is.

ÒÇɵØ▒µû╣Òâ┤Òé®Òâ╝Òé½Òâ½PVÒÇæþäíÚûôÕ½ëÕª¼ÕèçÕá┤『666』ÒÇɵú«þ¥àõ©çÞ▒íÕà¼Õ╝ÅÒÇæ
ÒÇɵØ▒µû╣Òâ┤Òé®Òâ╝Òé½Òâ½PVÒÇæþäíÚûôÕ½ëÕª¼ÕèçÕá┤『666』ÒÇɵú«þ¥àõ©çÞ▒íÕà¼Õ╝ÅÒÇæ

ÒÇɵØ▒µû╣Òâ┤Òé®Òâ╝Òé½Òâ½PVÒÇæþäíµäÅÞ¡ÿÒâ¼Òé»ÒéñÒé¿Òâá ÒÇɵú«þ¥àõ©çÞ▒íÕà¼Õ╝ÅÒÇæÔÇ╗Úû▓Þªºµ│¿µäÅ
ÒÇɵØ▒µû╣Òâ┤Òé®Òâ╝Òé½Òâ½PVÒÇæþäíµäÅÞ¡ÿÒâ¼Òé»ÒéñÒé¿Òâá ÒÇɵú«þ¥àõ©çÞ▒íÕà¼Õ╝ÅÒÇæÔÇ╗Úû▓Þªºµ│¿µäÅ

Just got new favorite music circle aside Akatsuki Record. Liz Triangle, and Demetori. Damn, the first one make Parsee looks so good than ever (wish she get more attention too), the second one giving the creepy side of Koishi comparing to LOVERS by Akatsuki Records who giving us the sweet side of Koishi, and successfully give me a nightmare in last night lmao

Also just watched Touhou 3D Brambly Boundaries and goddamn this guy who made it surely a masterpiece, i mean this is the same guy who made Human vs Yukari after all.

Avenger: End Game and now Touhou Brambly Boundaries, my body ready for Godzilla King of the Monster and i will die in happiness!

Depends who?

Yuyuko can potentially manipulate the entire Netherworld's worth of souls. Which is unknown but pretty damn high.

It's not universal though. They've each got their potency and uses and such. And not all of them are useable in combat. Only Yuyuko and maybe Tenshi have major feats though.

People, I know most of you consider that my threads are senseless... but will it be fair to make an Eirin vs Pelinal? Will be something interesting to debate?

Koishi has soul manip?

Checks

Apparently she does. But it's most likely not useable in combat nor even that potent.

@BleedingPeach Even Iwanagahime, the character with the strongest chances at beating him, couldn't. So no.

Back