• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou General Discussion Thread 1: Kasen stahp. (also spoilers, so uhh yeah)

BleedingPeach said:
People, I know most of you consider that my threads are senseless... but will it be fair to make an Eirin vs Pelinal? Will be something interesting to debate?
With Madness he stomps, and that's kinda what makes him interesting so...

At first I thought that some of the 4-A's in Touhou could take on The Emperor but nope, boy I was wrong. That guy is deceiving really.

Tha Man-Emperor Of Mankind? Yeah, he's no joke. This guy could basically psychic combat the Chaos Gods just by himself.

Thinking about it... I never got to beat Yumemi during my Mima run of PODD before my old laptop died... so I'm close to just saying she captured a ghost. Or sticking to my headcanon that Mima eventually turns into Palutena

So i just get a really weird and insane dream, its about another Touhou fighting game but now with canon voice, everybody from AoCF are back with Sakuya, Sanae, Youmu, Cirno, Aya, Yuuka, Yuyuko, Parsee, Alice, Seija, and Clownpiece being added. New characters are India-Based God Girl, a middle-east djin girl and a ghoul girl. The insane part is the DLC, they announce Mima, Gengetsu/Mugetsu, Chiyuri, Yumemi, the gate keeper of PC-98 Yuuka i forgot her name, Shinki, and Sariel being added as for DLC canon. After that the fandom and internet exploded because Mima and Shinki finally added in canon continuity.

Not over yet, time passed and ZUN launching a data books, who make Touhou becoming OP AF. The potency of soul stuff being explained like even a low-tier yokai can devour 15, 000 soul, while the other like Koishi and Cirno can affect soul in amount of 50, 000. The high tier can affect 100, 000 ~ 300, 000 souls while top tier like Yuyuko and Tenshi can affect more than million souls. There is bullect mechanic explanation, new hax, etc. In the end ZUN explain more further/deeper about Touhou cosmonology, who can make the verse bumped to really high 2-A/High 2-A to even 1-A, make them equal to Umineko anf Cthulhu myth.

I know this just a dream, but if this comes true then i will do harakiri.

_ the gate keeper of PC-98 Yuuka i forgot her name_

Elly is who you're thinking of. But Yumemi returning, yes please! Her and Sariel are the only PC-98 characters I'd want to see return alongside Mima.

As for the characters... an India-Indian based character could actually work given Buddhism is a big theme and some youkai are believed to be inspired by Hindi creatures, not just Chinese. As for the databook...

When were you under the impression Lady Okina wasn't that powerful to begin with?

If Okina already OP then a databook will make her more OP, aside that more hax and abilities explained

Well i can see Sariel will be the god-tier of Touhou if she's introduced

Are databooks common? The only verses I can think of that have them are One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto. I think Marvel has one too but I'm not sure.

@dragonemperor23 Marvel does have a few and updates them every now and then. Databooks are usually popular in Japanese mediums iirc - usually very fun to read since you can sometimes get more information and even names on background characters and maps of the world (I'm a sucker for things like that since it makes the world more lively).

Yiup. Nothing too spetacular, and we're all back at the status quo again, just like usual. Good thing Kasen got her arm back though.

Well if we consider that Reimu "killed" Kasen with spiritual attacks (Which she most likely did, as she used Fantasy Seal), then it could be quite a regen feat for Kasen (and other onis) against spiritual attacks, like Remillia does.

Also I wanted to wait till the end of this to avoid getting bamboozled, but there is still the fact that Hell is infinite now. That's a problem.

It's "Fantasy Seal", not "Fantasy Killer", so I don't think Reimu actually kill Kasen in the first place anyway. In actual fact, Reimu already seal her the moment the sword cut her arm again.

Even if Reimu said so, I don't think I would trust her instinct, when she is that freaked out. Her instinct work best when she's not thinking of anything at all, after all. It could be likely that Kasen just straight up tank the thing.

The only way Reimu could beat Kasen is by spamming bombs. A true final boss worthy action indeed.

But yeah, Reimu did think she accidentally kill Kasen judging by her shock and saying everything but the arm vanished. I'd say it supports the previous regen statements (even the flashback panel showed the arm remaining while Kasen was evaporating). Especially since the arm was basically Kasen's malice.

Although, wouldn't this mean Kasen is dating her own arm? Poor girl could probably ask Yuugi or Yukari to "help her" out.

Oh, you mean that scene, when Reimu finally defeated her. Yeah, considering Suika is a thing, I wouldn't even put ripping thing to piece as actually killing them. Still a good regen feat though

Jiangshi1 said:
The only way Reimu could beat Kasen is by spamming bombs. A true final boss worthy action indeed.

But yeah, Reimu did think she accidentally kill Kasen judging by her shock and saying everything but the arm vanished. I'd say it supports the previous regen statements (even the flashback panel showed the arm remaining while Kasen was evaporating). Especially since the arm was basically Kasen's malice.

Although, wouldn't this mean Kasen is dating her own arm? Poor girl could probably ask Yuugi or Yukari to "help her" out.
More like she was treating part of her arm more as a Dao Companion...which still basically is dating, but in a Daoist way. I guess it's more of a frienemy thing

since WaHH is over, we should probably get adding whatever abilities best oni Kasen got from the last few chapters

Back