• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Total Drama Inconsistencies: Look At The Gaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hey, peeps. As possibly one of the biggest Total Drama fans, I'm really questioning the Vs Battles Wiki's logic around Total Drama. I remember being 13 going on 14 back when I watched Total Drama; my favorite character back then was Leshawna. Thing is everyone's just misconstruing what the show itself had shown. Come on, everyone. If you can't just pick off low-ends and go from there, then you shouldn't pick off ridiculously-strong feats outside normal grounds and call it a day either. It's called "common sense." As a Total Drama veteran, I'll start this content revision off by linking to all the best feats I remember.: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ause_That's_Apparently_Too_Much_For_A_Thread)

I've seen people claiming that Total Drama is in the Tier 7s, though that's just a bunch of high-cards people here pulled without taking into account what's truly consistent, which peaks at High 8-C. No, I did not arbitrarily pick these; I've found nothing within 8-B or 8-A, both tiers being completely necessary to call ANY OF THE TIER 7 STUFF consistent. A 1-tier gap is exactly one of the characteristics that made Master Roshi's moon-busting feat an outlier. C'mon.

Now, here's the things people claimed were Tier 7.

(Zombie) Ezekiel Being Blasted Out of a Volcano

It's true that volcanic eruptions, just like normal explosions, push. Thing is, the volcanic eruption here takes on the form of the comical eruption: a clear blast upwards with no sign of expansion. Volcanoes are huge gaping holes in the earth, yes, but if one actually takes the nature of the eruption, regardless of whether Ezekiel was in point blank or not, the largely-directional nature means Ezekiel took a very small fraction (which is lessened by Ezekiel's upright position in the volcano) of what the volcano was capable of (if he got the full force, he'd be in space because physics), which is more apparent when Ezekiel was shown to be one of the first things to fall out of the sky. Whatever part of the eruption got, Ezekiel should get at the very least 9-A for sure from the sinking of Chris's boat. Thing is Ezekiel never went to space from that, so it's unlikely for Ezekiel to be any more powerful than 8-B (judging purely of Earth's escape velocity and assuming 60 kg for Zeke, of course).

Not only did Ezekiel not get enough push (because pressure = force over area), but also there are plenty of signs that it was played for a gag. The signs of it being completely a gag are the idea of a PINEAPPLE being the cause of the eruption (when real eruptions don't work that way), and super obvious "no pineapples allowed" sign, and the whole Lord of the Rings deal.

Also, side note, nobody would scale from the quake because, let's face it, I wouldn't give a person Tier 7 for surviving an earthquake.

As an extra side note, before you mention anything about lava flow, that's a completely timely thing. Kilauea let out 113.5*10^6 cubic meters of lava over a period of two months, which is about 21.89 cubic meters per second. Alejandro taking the lava flow is best judged by the volume of all that ran over him.

Izzy "Chatterboxing" About Taking Nukes

Izzy's portrayed as that character who is crazy in a sense that nobody even understands what she's even talking about. I don't think you should take any of her statements seriously; in fact, when actually asked if anything she said was true in her first elimination episode, Izzy replied "Nope, just the RCMP part." Yeah, don't take anything Izzy's saying seriously; she's as crazy as a barrel full of monkeys.

Owen Causing Earthquakes..? Where are People Coming Up With This Stuff?

Now who brought that up? Bringing this up again, Total Drama is entirely done on camera except for Mike's mind sequences, and video editing tricks are ubiquitous. Chances are that's a gag feat entirely. Even if it wasn't, unless you know the signs of an actual earthquake (or whatever is related to them since building dams was an activity that caused similar results), chances are that's probably just a screen shake effect, and I've yet to see literally anyone properly handle screen shakes. Even if that actually had quakelike effects, range should seriously be taken into consideration because I doubt that's anything close to a real, natural quake.

The Sinking of the Island (I Kinda Get This, But I Don't At The Same Time)

Okay, that was caused by an oil drill Chris had installed. I've personally analyzed this scene long ago when Christine Thompson and I used to regularly chat with one another fan-to-producer. Judging by the size of the island (as Cameron had commented on) and the nature of the cause (injection), that is basically a manmade sinkhole. Well, the island isn't exactly small. It's cliff was directly stated to be 1000 feet (304.8 meters) high, and using proportionate sizing, the island is most likely 1 kilometer in diameter. At least it was that wide last time I measured the island myself.

This is indeed Tier 7... That is if anyone actually got hit by the island itself. Here's the thing. Despite the sinking being caused by a manmade sinkhole, the island's sinking resulted in a very centralized splash. Problem is nobody knows where exactly the drill was in the island. That's not to mention that the downwards motion means whoever was on the island would only be taking a hit from the island's resulting splash (which is a rebound) rather than the island itself. Even that's a hard press because water's less dense than rock, not to mention it tends to spread due to its liquid nature, so it's just the same deal of "considering pressure means they only take a small bit of the force" case. A 1-kilometer circle means whatever fraction that was is really going to downplay this whole thing a lot.

Speed

Not going to take any of the speed feats into consideration because dealing with that should be a simple matter of knowing how to split up the five categories of speed. That and I'm getting tired (I'm a night owl). So yeah, there you have it.

I am pretty sure that everyone is scaling from Ezekiel volcano feat and only that, never saw someone talking about Owen causing earthquakes, Izzy taking Nukes and all.

We don't even have the island destroying feat as rating, we have unknow via preparation to Chef (Able to sink an island) and all that.

No seriously, you are pretty much the only one talking about Total Drama for the time being.

And the volcano feat was calculated, and Darkanine didn't delete it, Leopold just linked wrongly.

Here is the calculatio

I need to point out that calling something "A gag feat" isn't always a good argument to dismiss a high end feat; Loony Toons is even more crazy when it comes to that. Such as blowing up planets with handguns. Yeah, the Island sinking feat is rated as Unknow yes. Also, just because something happened only once or twice doesn't automatically make it an outlier, it's only if feat in question strongly contradicts things, which the Low 7-B feat is hardly controversial. It isn't any less realistic than the other lowend feats, and this is still a Cartoon that treats every single characters as being pretty much immortal.

This happened on pretty much the first challenge, Owen jumped in the water and caused a giant Tsunami. Though, I should note that the Island being sunk was still caused by a tool that characters have survived detonations of. Speed feats are also very consistently impressive.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I need to point out that calling something "A gag feat" isn't always a good argument to dismiss a high end feat; Loony Toons is even more crazy when it comes to that. Such as blowing up planets with handguns. Yeah, the Island sinking feat is rated as Unknow yes. Also, just because something happened only once or twice doesn't automatically make it an outlier, it's only if feat in question strongly contradicts things, which the Low 7-B feat is hardly controversial. It isn't any less realistic than the other lowend feats, and this is still a Cartoon that treats every single characters as being pretty much immortal.
This happened on pretty much the first challenge, Owen jumped in the water and caused a giant Tsunami. Though, I should note that the Island being sunk was still caused by a tool that characters have survived detonations of. Speed feats are also very consistently impressive.
My lord. I've been away for three weeks only to notice the wiki has yet to take a hint.

In reality, the 7-B thing contradicts pretty much everything the show calls "normal grounds," which as I and literally anyone in the TD fandom (just ask any member on the show's Wiki and Discord) would very well know. To say it doesn't would be wrong.

Again, the gap between the Low-7B and what is normal grounds (which is 8C at the highest, 8B for Zombie Ezekiel going off the fact he never went into space) is still too high for it to be called consistent. That and, again, I wouldn't call a survivor of the 1906 Earthquake of San Francisco or Eizo Nomura (guy who survived being 170 meters away from ground zero of the Hiroshima explosion just because he was in the basement) anywhere in the Tier 7s just because they were near the occurence (as in the case with everyone who isn't Zombie Ezekiel); it just wouldn't work that way even WITH the Looney Tunes card being played (as even Looney Tunes knows physical interaction must exist for something to qualify for durability despite it being crazier than Japanese advertisement campaigns).

And even if one were to, mind you, there are 87 characters to note in Total Drama (all 84 contestants and 3 hosts), so one would have to be about as meticulous as a perfect Pac-Man score run to really get everything down, but one would really see issues with that argument when you get to the majority of the Revenge cast, the Pahkitew Island cast, and the 32 Ridonculous Race newbies, all which take up an astonishing 58 slots (and yes, I've counted, making sure to leave Mike, Zoey, and Cameron out of that huge lump).

Also, it was confirmed in-show that Owen weighs 296 lbs and gained a mere 10 more lbs. To say that the dive wasn't one of many exaggerations of Owen's weight (which has been the primary target of fat jokes in the series) would raise an eyebrow from even a random passerby. Yes, this the same show that exaggerated Cameron's weight on the opposite side of the spectrum (can't even hold up a butterfly (which I'm pretty sure weighs less than a gram) despite being 88 1/2 lbs). Owen and Cameron were the only two characters out of the crew of 87 whose respective weights were exaggerated on entirely astonishing levels (with other examples like Heather's very-visible 3-ounce gain (along with her and Gwen's bellies bloating in Ep. 3), Blaineley's belly fat, and Sugar pushing a tree down just by trying to rest on it being pretty small-scale in comparison to the exaggerations from Owen and Cameron). Based on that alone, I find the idea of scaling anyone even to Owen's dive pretty hard to believe.

Lastly, again, I can't argue against any of the speed feats (those are at least more understandable than just about anything else), I'm just saying one should really consider splitting those up by category. As I've said, travel speed was never TD's strong suit (again, I'd like to see anyone from the show run from anything faster than a rhino or a bear without tools or vehicles) yet reaction speed without a doubt is (I'd like to see anyone in real life at the very least dodge a leech fired at bullet speeds in close proximity).

I still disagree with the downgrade proposals. Total Drama is still very consistent with blatantly superhuman feats, and some of his reasons for proposing downgrades sounds a lot like Calc Stacking; such as "300 pounds not being heavy enough to cause an earthquake or Tsunami." Total Drama in general is simply a verse where nobody ever dies regardless of how devastating the stuff they survive is; meaning high end feats have at least as much weight as any low end feat regardless of frequency. Just because White Bomberma only has two 3-B to Universal feats while at the same time has plenty of super casual planetary feats doesn't mean both his high end feats are outliers. Total Drama's Low 7-B feat is pretty much the same standard.

It's still consistent with other things such as them surviving the same type of explosions that sunk an Island. And causing Earthquakes and Tsunamis just by accident just from stomping or jumping is still quite impressive even if surviving natural disasters isn't all that much. All in all, I don't think anything needs to be changed here.

Okay. That makes sense to me. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back