• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tornado of Terror vs The Invisible Woman

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Tatsumaki-0

Summary
Tornado of Terror also known as Tatsumaki is the S-Class Rank 2 superhero, an esper and the older sister of Blizzard of Hell. Tatsumaki is one of the most powerful heroes in the entire Hero Association, and is treated as one of their ultimate weapons to be used as a last resort. Despite her young appearance, she is an incredibly skilled and powerful esper. Her personality, on the other hand, can be incredibly childish, and she is fully willing to throw her power around to get her way, or simply when someone annoys her.

Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 6-C

Name:
Tatsumaki, Tornado of Terror

Origin: One Punch Ma

Classification: Human, Esper, S-Class Hero.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Telekinesis, Can create barriers, Wind Manipulation, Can control auras, Chi Manipulation, resistance to psychic attacks.

Attack Potency: At least Large Island level+ (Stopped dozens, possibly hundreds of bombs that destroyed A city with her telekinesis)

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Usually considered to be faster than most S-Classes. Reacted to and caught large artillery shells from Lord Boros' ship)

Lifting Strength: Unknow, Class G with telekinesis (Easily lifted part of the destroyed A-city), likely Class P (In the anime, she effortlessly pulled a giant meteorite from space to defeat a possible Dragon level monster, known as the Ancient King.)

Striking Strength: Unknow

Durability:
At least Large Island level+ with barriers, Unknow without them

Stamina: High

Range: Thousands of kilometers with Telekinesis

Standard Equipment: None

Intelligence: Showed rather high intelligence from a young age. She is extremely overconfident, however

Weaknesses: Tatsumaki is extremely arrogant. Her psychic powers can also be temporarily greatly weakened if her brain directly takes damage. This problem will turn worse if she continues to use her powers in this condition. Her psychic powers can also be resisted by those with sufficiently strong wills

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Telekinesis: Tornado is shown to be a very powerful telekinetic. She is capable of effortlessly lifting hundreds of large boulders and stopping a very powerful bombardment attack from Boros' spaceship and send them back with the same if not even more force. She also uses her telekinesis to float and fly.
  • Chi/Aura Manipulation: Using her physic powers, Tornado is able to manipulate the chi/aura of a person and force it to move and bend to her will, causing severe damage to her opponent. However, people with strong wills can resist this (Saitama, Garou, Ōgon Seishi).
  • Psychic Whirlwind: This is an anti-psychic technique. By making her psychic signals move in circles around her, Tatsumaki can create a whirlwind capable of harmlessly redirecting or deflecting psychic attacks. She developed this technique during her childhood.
  • Psychic Binding: An ability used to suppress the power of another esper.
Susan Storm (Earth-12131) 001

Summary
Susan Storm, better known to the public as the Invisible Woman, is the girlfriend and later wife of Mr Fantastic as well as the sister of the Human Torch she is the more down-to-earth of the group and often acts a bit like a mother figure, keeping the others from causing too much trouble with their bickering and also trying to get Reed to stop being quite so "nerdy" and enjoy life a little. She is fiercely protective of her friends and views the Fantastic Four as her family, any villain foolish enough to provoke her quickly learns this fact - and Susan is no push over, being one of the most powerful members of the team

Powers and Stats
Tier: Unknow, Likely at least High 6-C

Name:
Susan "Sue" Storm Richards, Invisible Woman (formerly Invisible Girl)

Origin: Marvel Comics, Fantastic Four #1

Classification: Human Mutate

Powers and Abilities: Can become invisible at will (even to non-visible portions of the electromagnetic spectrum), can make other objects and individuals invisible, forcefield generation and manipulation, can make invisible things visible, extremely fine forcefield control capable of making them either visible or invisible, and in any shape or size she can imagine, forcefield control effectively simulates energy constructs, telekinesis, and flight, can absorb and redirect light, can make an enemy's eyes invisible, blinding them.

Attack Potency: Unknow, Likely at least Large Island level via power-scaling from The Thing (Is recurrently referred to as the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four)

Speed: At least Subsonic combat speed (Placed on the same level as Mister Fantastic in the master edition of the official Marvel handbook). Significantly faster when traveling on her forcefield constructs.

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength:
Unknow

Durability:
Peak Human, Likely at least Large Island level with her forcefields via power-scaling (Also withstood a nuclear explosion with no trouble and contained an explosion made by Surfer and Tyros)

Stamina: Peak Human

Range: A few hundred meters

Standard Equipment: Her suit, which is specially made so it can turn invisible along with her.

Intelligence: Very good HtH combat skills, experienced with using her powers and fighting many different types of foes, good leadership ability (she often acts as the leader of the FF when Reed isn't available)

Weaknesses: She is only peak human in stats without her forcefields, if she loses her concentration her forcefields will dissipate. Sue has morals, so pitted against a foe who is willing to kill, Sue is at a huge disadvantage.

Notable Attacks/Techniques

• Brain Bubble: Sort of a misnomer, as this technique refers to creating a forcefield anywhere inside of the opponent's body (usually the head) and expanding it, causing them to explode from the inside
  • Suffocating Bubble: Creates a forcefield around the opponent's face or head, cutting them off from oxygen and causing them to pass out. Usually used as a non-lethal method to subdue an opponent
Thought this might be an interesting matchup. In character, no prior knowledge or prep time, speed equalized. Who wins?

Tornado of Terror - 3

The Invisible Woman - 1

Tatsumaki has this due to having feats to back up her stats and not just power scaling

Also Tatsumaki with her telekinesis could counter force fields used on her, plus Susan isnt likely to start off with anything that easily do in Tatsumaki due to her morals.

AquaWaifu said:
Tatsumaki has this due to having feats to back up her stats and not just power scaling
I'm sorry but with all due respect this is an irrelevant point.

If she reliably powerscales to a Large Island level, there is no reason to believe that she loses to another Large Island level just because the later one has a calculated feat of it.

Feats do not take precedence over valid (emphasis on valid) powerscaling nor is someone now a "lesser" form of a Tier due to powerscaling into it than one is with a feat.

Granted Tatsumaki's feat is greater than the one Invisible Woman powerscales to, but that's besides the point I'm making.

Hmm well I still argue on the rest of my point.

If Tatsumaki could counter having a forcefield expand inside her, than she has this with mid to high difficulty...otherwise she'll have to kill Susan quickly before Susan realizes her options against Tatsumaki.

Well the feat Invisible Woman scales to is 202.916 gigatons. Tatsumaki's is 952.26. Is this even really a fair fight?

I figured since Susan has some durability-negating abilities (Internal forcefields, blinding via invisible eyes and such) this might be pretty even but if not i can close it.

Well I'm not all that familiar with Invisible Woman. So if others agree her abilities can make up for the AP advantage, I'm fine with this staying up.

Also apparently (I didnt know this either) Susan's forcefields can nullify telekinesis and intangibility...

Nullifying all telekinesis seems a bit NLF and I'm fairly sure there are superior telepaths than her in Marvel that could defeat her. Though I'm not certain.

If her forcefields can nullify a freaking tier 4 character's telepoathy then this is a MASSIVE mismatch.

EDIT: Okay so if Susan nullifying Phoenix a tier 4 at worst telepath, and Franklin Richards (Psi-Lord) a TIER 2 telepath are NOT A) outliers or something of the like then this thread needs to be closed cause Tatsumaki cannt possibly win at all if its true.

Tatsumaki has a wide range of attack. She could easily increase the gravity on the battlefield, and crush her opponent. Tatsumaki takes this easily.

Is there any proof of Su nullifying the powers of Phoenix and Psi-Lord? Not doubting anyone, just curious cuz Phoenix and Psi-Lord are faar above Su's paygrade.

Bleh, i cant find scans online, if anyone knows where i can gets scans from Fantastic Four Vol 1 #286 and #384 i'd be able to find them...

It's fine mate, if you know the volume and issue number, you're familiar with the feat.

What were the circumstances when both these happened? I'm asking because these look like outliers considering the level Phoenix and Richards are, but then again, my Marvel knowledge is limited.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Even if they're outliers, they're on the same tier. Susan doing the same to Tatsumaki is completely in the realm of possibility.
If these are the only two occassions she has done such a thing, considering she did it to an Omega level mutant and an Beyond Omega level mutant, the possibilities of this being an outlier are high.

Wait doesn't invisible woman's telekinesis depend on her strong will in other word Tatsumaki's weakness so she can't affect her directly plus if she can nullify her telekenines to a certain degree I think invisible woman wins...

WilliamShadow said:
Wait doesn't invisible woman's telekinesis depend on her strong will
Su's ability with force fields is directly correlated to her ability to focus. If she loses focus even for an instant, the force field either weakens or just disappears.

Another thing is that Su can't maintain her force fields for long periods of time so she has no choice but to drop the force fields around her to rest. This can be exploited by Tatsumaki or she can just continuously assault the force fields until Su gives in.

Back