• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top Five Strongest Characters For Every Tier 4

In this case, Type 2 would prevent being unlucky as luck is the chance of something occurring. Fate is also usually considered a proportionately superior form of Probability Manipulation

Not rly. Type 2 prevents changes in the future or past. Being unlucky is in the present. Type 2 acausality is useless against actions in the present.

And no, we already went through that above. Fate =/= probability.

By that logic, all fate Manipulation doesn't exist because it's just causing stuff to occur in the present.

You're going to have to make a CRT then, because that's the standard.

No. Fate manip decides your future. So if i fate manip you into losing, im manipulating your future actions so that you end up losing. If i say "im too lucky, there is no way you can hit me", you try to hit me, but you get distracted, miss, slip idk what else. There is a big difference between the 2.

No it's not. What standard says "resist fate and you resist probability" cus i really don't know about it. If fate and prob were the same thing they wouldn't be different powers.

So does luck. It decides the possibility of something happening.

That's a funny joke, because we just had a thread saying that isn't the case, and agreed that if it was we would have to delete everything except reality warping.

Yes, it's deciding the odds. Example let's say you have to pick 1 of 5 rocks. Your odds of getting the right one are 20%, but if you manipulate that probability, then the odds of you picking the right one will be 100%. This doesn't set the action to "you end up picking the right one" but "no matter which rock you pick, it'll be a right one". It's like flipping a 1 sidded coin, it will always land like that, but not because you're forcing it's future to do that, it's because it has no other option.

Exactly, the reason they are different powers. you saying "resist fate = resist probability" is like saying "resist EE = resist all types of reality warping". They are specialized versions of the same power, but not necessarily the same.

And yes, on this wiki that is considered changing the future. If you want to discuss it further make a discussion thread on it.

Yobo Blue said:
Wrong. You misunderstood completely. They are not necessarily totally different just because of having different pages. See see here.
I can say the same. Im not saying they are totally different, im saying it's not ok to equalize resistances. They are essentially linked cus they are both a part of Causality Manip and the causality system as a whole sure, but that doesn't mean that all types are negged by type 2 acausality.

Type 2 mentions only fate and precog resistance, not probability and i don't remember ever being a case of type 2 beings resisting probability. If you have any link you can give me where it was agreed that those are changes to the future by our standards i'd gladly read through it.

Does this technique have any hax associated with it? Because raw AP alone will have difficulty mattering at this level.

Generally higher-D stuff blows through stuff like regen if it's not on the same dimension al level, and donsidering YHVH's stuff can incap SMT demons to some degree, it likely should blow through stuff like regen and invulnerability.

YHVH himself being able to beat regen doesn't mean that a character summoning his AP would be able to.

Unless you mean that all higher-D AP does so, which is false, unless it's some high form of EE or other hax.

Iirc it was agreed a while back that a higher-D could feasibly knock through the regen of someone below them dimensionally regardless. But I did say "might" for that specific reason.

I don't think there's any 2-A in SMT that has a counter to to that at least, considering it's supposed to be one of the main reasons that people in the Demon Realm can't get into Heaven, so God's Thunder is at the very least a counter the the majority of SMT, which makes up the top of the 2-A totem pole.

Pretty sure the higher dimensionality killing godly regen stuff was because they can just bust the universe.

Back