• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier 28

I mean, Earl is right that you can't make a thought miss, since that has no direction to be able to do that, but no one in GetBackers can possibly affect the Tenmas due to High 1-A physiology.

@Egan

I said it earlier that it wasn't about GB anymore. I was just more against, the kind of stuff you guys were saying "would miss".

Ionliosite said:
I mean, Earl is right that you can't make a thought miss, since that has no direction to be able to do that, but no one in GetBackers can possibly affect the Tenmas due to High 1-A physiology.
Nice missing literally everything stated by someone other than him. Also, 7-A Numahine is only High 1-A in terms of hax and it doesn't do much outside of that afaik.

Anyways, I guess we'll wait and see what the consensus is since neither side is moving.

All common sense and logic points towards Earl's point being wrong.

"Thought-based attacks can't miss" is something objectively false on every level through the simple fact that someone can think at the wrong target.

Hl3 or bust said:
All common sense and logic points towards Earl's point being wrong.
Idk where do you get this from but whatever.

Hl3 or bust said:
"Thought-based attacks can't miss" is something objectively false on every level through the simple fact that someone can think at the wrong target.
That's making an thought-based atttack miss, I said "you can't make a thought miss", I wasn't talking of attacks, because it is 100% possible to make a thought-based atttack miss.

Except no one was saying that the ******* thought misses. That's never a thing in play unless someone has like offensive telepathy.

What people were saying is that the attack is made to miss by being directed at the wrong target.

There. Read it over real carefully so you don't **** it up again.

Overlord775 said:
@Fire
can Akabane survive getting a stronger version of his own powers throwed back at him ?

also, while Habaki has the strongest defence, Tenma Numahime and Keishirou Kyougetsu are overall better

@Dragon

"Here we have fear hax that drove Far Realm creatures back to the Far Realm. Vecna can use this.

Here we have a spell that reveals a Far Realm creature, passive madness hax btw, to the mind of an enemy. Vecna can use this.

This is a "destiny" that allows the user to destroy the Far Realm and its madness."
none of those are fate hax. as well all of those are from 4e powers. the site does not accept 4e powers.

I mean, that's right, but that wasn't what Earl was discussing, so saying he was wrong by saying a different thing than what he was talking about is wrong is really weird.

Also, there totally are characters who attack using thoughts, as in, not attacks created by thoughts, but attack using thoughts, so that's a thing in play.

@Earl

Not sure what universe you thought you were in when you posted that, but that's 100% unrelated.

@Ion

Except that's literally what you and Earl seem to think we're arguing and we aren't ******* arguing it.

Except Akabane doesn't do that afaik, so that is literally not a factor in any way, shape, or form regardless of whether it's a thing that some characters have.

>Literally your answer to my "so you're saying thought misses"

>Totally unrelated

I see your point Hl3

Also me giving examples like time stop and misogi's all fiction. Yet the argument still being "lol miss".

Hl3 or bust said:
Except that's literally what you and Earl seem to think we're arguing and we aren't ******* arguing it.
Then what are you arguing if that isn't?

Hl3 or bust said:
Except Akabane doesn't do that afaik, so that is literally not a factor in any way, shape, or form regardless of whether it's a thing that some characters have.
And I agreed Akabane can't do anything on my first post, so that's irrelevant to my point.

@Earl

Nowhere did I state that the thought misses. Literally nothing I said can be honestly interpreted as that. Those examples are strawmen and make no sense for obvious reasons, mainly that neither of those are a ******* factor here.

@Ion

That the attack is redirected. There is literally nothing else that we could be arguing.

I was responding to your comment about people attacking with thoughts, which was itself not about Akabane so i have no clue what you're on about here.

I hope you realize that acting like being dismissive can in and of itself make my argument not exist just makes people dislike you even more than they already did, and for a good reason for once.

Well you're only a level below him on unlikeability

all you need to do is compare your debates to child abuse and the comparison is perfect

Hl3 or bust said:
That the attack is redirected. There is literally nothing else that we could be arguing.
Considering the all posts above, that's all you were arguing?

Hl3 or bust said:
I was responding to your comment about people attacking with thoughts, which was itself not about Akabane so i have no clue what you're on about here.
You said: Except no one was saying that the ******* thought misses. That's never a thing in play unless someone has like offensive telepathy.

>The thought misses isn't a thing in play unless someone has offensive telepathy

Which is why I argued that was wrong.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

I said that because I was further enunciating how completely disconnected your entire argument is from anything anyone has said. Also, again thanks for agreeing that thoughts missing doesn't matter here.

I didn't agree with the first part, I asked a question.

And why would thoughts missing matter? I was just saying your argument is wrong, not that is related to the debate at hand, because GetBackers people can't do anything against the Tenma anyway.

I could've sworn that question mark wasn't there when I posted. Anyways, that was what I as arguing yes.

They do not because at no point was this ever relevant to Akabane, Numahine, or anyone brought up. I have no clue what you're trying to say is wrong.

can't his luck just like, force them to do something stupid like not going for the thought based hax or something ?

Overlord775 said:
can't his luck just like, force them to do something stupid like not going for the thought based hax or something ?
That's very possible, mainly with Akabane since he doesn't even lead wiht it.

I'm out if we're talking in general.

Everything can miss on shinza if Keishirou law/distortion said so. The superior law will always work against the lower no matter what. And he is backed up by Hajun. It doesn't matter what kind of attack, be it thought based, conceptual, or whatever. Of Keishirou law says miss then it will miss.

Just like how habaki can reflect Yato's time stop, speed, or whatever he throws at him.

TL;DR It works on conceptual level! Not to mention type 1.

Overlord775 said:
I mean, it's not impossible. But it needs showings of working like that. So luck capable of inducing CIS.

Hl3 or bust said:
Anyways, that was what I as arguing yes.
Eh, really? Because from the debate above, it totally seems you were arguing for something different.

Hl3 or bust said:
They do not because at no point was this ever relevant to Akabane, Numahine, or anyone brought up.
It was relevant to them considering they were the ones who started the discussion in the first place.

Hl3 or bust said:
I have no clue what you're trying to say is wrong.
That thoughts can miss.

Ok what the **** is this? Akabane can do nothing to the Tenma's, Habaki inconning is the usually and Keishirou also has passive High 1-A Growth along with his luck.

Also Keishirou's Luck is more he still peoples luck giving him extremely bad luck that even works on Tenmas, so weather that means something misses or it causes you to just not use shit cause you forget it exists is possible.

PsychoWarper said:
Ok what the **** is this? Akabane can do nothing to the Tenma's, Habaki inconning is the usually and Keishirou also has passive High 1-A Growth along with his luck.
Nah. He doesn't have both. Either one or the other. He loses luck once he gains his 2nd distortion.

Except his 2nd distortion still steals other peoples Luck it says so in its description.

" Tenma Kessenka: Keishirou's second Distortion, gained after losing his first one, Magatsuki, during his first encounter with Tenma Numahime. Ability belonging to his past self, Wilhelm Ehrenburg. However, due to Hajun influence on the world, it is impossible for it to manifest as a Hadou type, therefore, it takes form of a Gudou type. Changing from ability to create a world of night, to becoming the night itself. His body is thus covered in "dark armor" that absorbs anything coming in contact with him. Offensive Power, Defensive Power, Life-Force, Luck, it simply snatches anything non-mundane from his target and add it to his own, greatly boosting his stats and his Regenerationn potency (Instantly regenerated after having his body being pierced by numerous bullets of Tenma Sukuna guns)."

But it is not the one that had the High 1-A feat of making things miss. Besides it says it absorbs powers coming in contact with him.

Well the Armor seems to work on High 1-A as it absorbed Tenma Numahime, plus if hes covered head to tow in it it makes it kinda hard to damage him plus hes able to send out his waves of darkness.

Eh, really? Because from the debate above, it totally seems you were arguing for something different.

Hl3 or bust said:
They do not because at no point was this ever relevant to Akabane, Numahine, or anyone brought up.
It was relevant to them considering they were the ones who started the discussion in the first place.

Hl3 or bust said:
I have no clue what you're trying to say is wrong.
That thoughts can miss.

I don't know what universe you're looking at but that is what I was arguing. Your dismissal of it means nothing.

No? It means nothing in relation to them because it doesn't come up in matches involving them.

So you're saying that offensive telepathy is just outside of the purview of luck that can affect infinite, omnipresent attacks from a living law. Seems legit.

Back