• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters For Every Tier 5

Creaturemaster971 said:
Of course not, I'm just saying they can correlate in certain cases.

Take Madara Uchiha or Yuuki Terumi for example, they have very flowery and dance-like fighting styles because they're so far above most opponents in terms of skill that they can afford to act like that mid-battle.
And Killer Bean does a bunch of flips and such in combat lol

Think Reinhard van Astrea deserves a spot in 7-B and High 6-A.

Naturally talented so he can quickly learn things he was previously inexperienced in.

Swords Saints all have their swordsmanship maxed out making them the most skilled swordmen in the world, not to mention have heightened battle instincts which are heightened to perfection, so regardless of whether it's a sword, spear or axe, as long as it's connected to battle, they know all the perfections and imperfections of a weapon.

This is to the point that to them even the greatest warriors in the country, only seem to have flaws in their fighting styles, not to mention no matter how much they train they can't get rid of all the flaws, which is the gap between a Sword Saint and everyone else.

Reinhard>every other Sword Saint before him. Wilhelm van Astrea who eventually out-skilled Thearesia van Astrea who is a Sword Saint, stated that there is basically an absolute gap between Reinhard and everyone else, while Wilhelm is quite frankly a freak of nature who through dedication and hardwork overtook and out-skilled Thearesia, there is absolutely no way he could do the same to Reinhard.

We should really add that to Willhelm's intelligence section, honestly.

Also, to add to the stuff before, being flowery and kewl while fighting because you can afford to be since you are that much more skilled than your opponent is indeed a skill feat, but that's not the same as equating stuff that looks cool to actual skill. As an example, going off the videos that were sent in the previous thread:

Misaki Vs Saruhiko, how does going along the side of a building count as skill rather than something supernatural? What about all of that incredibly useless weapon twirling that only helps when Misaki needs to deal with the projectiles shot at him? Nothing. If he was being all cool twirling it around while casually shooting down the projectiles of an incredibly skilled, precise and quick knife thrower, then that would be different. What about all of the cinematic, cool movement as Saruhiko throws his knifes? Also worth nothing as the knife throwing itself isn't very impressive. What skill can I see from this? They are pretty darn good traversing around enviroment for sure.

Second battle between those two? I can say they are above any normal person in a fight, they are coordinated while fighting, but... this is pretty bare bones.

Third video, Kuroh vs those two? Yeah he scales above them, but still nothing really super skilled. He evaded skateboard guy while circling him, punched him into the air and then dunked him into the ground. Nothing much.

Kuroh Vs Yukari? He's fighting him without really seemingly needing much effort, so he scales above him. Still nothing very impressive skill wise, and there doesn't seem to be statements either.

Noping gravity with... skill? I don't see in what way skill lets you stand without moving at all on an horizontal wall. Sounds supernatural. I can for the life of me understand how making a perfect circle in the ground with a piroutte equates as an impressive fighting skill. He has a precise hand, but is also something a very good artist could do with a pencil in a word easily, I don't think that translates to the deftness of his hand to hand combat skill.

So yes, I don't see Yukari making it into a list where the guy at the bottom learned a martial art entirely off of 7 moves while being casual.

"So yes, I don't see Yukari making it into a list where the guy at the bottom learned a martial art entirely off of 7 moves while being casual."

Thats not the guy at the bottom, killer bean is.

"Noping gravity with... skill? I don't see in what way skill lets you stand without moving at all on an horizontal wall. Sounds supernatural."

There actually is a character in verse that can ignore gravity with hax... Its neither Kuroh nor Yukari.

"Misaki Vs Saruhiko, how does going along the side of a building count as skill rather than something supernatural?"

See above.

"If he was being all cool twirling it around while casually shooting down the projectiles of an incredibly skilled, precise and quick knife thrower, then that would be different.

What about all of the cinematic, cool movement as Saruhiko throws his knifes? Also worth nothing as the knife throwing itself isn't very impressive."

For the first part, Its actually stated to be exactly like that...

For the second, Saruhiko can nail a person to a wall from a tens to hundreds of meters away, while only hitting the clothes. I'd actually have to look if I can find any good Saruhiko knife throwing feats.

There were more people to be added last I saw, so i thought it was being discussed if Killer Bean should even remain in there. But we've ben talking about so much Earl's mention of Joseph kinda lost focus.

Call it skill all you want, not moving an inch yet still being able to stand horizontally in a wall has nothing to do with skill. Maybe if it was Toriko where we are directly shown how the main characters learn to control all the trillion of cells in their body to disregard gravity at the same time or Medaka Box where we are shown that people dig their toes into the concrete, but "it's just skill" levitating? No explanation? I am gonna call bull on that.

See above.

If he was being casually flairful while making an impossible shot from far away, yeah. Shooting someone that isn't that far away, is human sized and not even moving but putting it down as skill because it looks fancy...? Deflection projectiles he can easily see and aren't faster than him? I don't think so.

You see? Now THAT is a way better and actually meaningful skill feat. But in terraformers, one of the characters can easily snipe Terraformers from that very same distance with baseball-like special balls. He can even make them travel those hundreds of meters while there's a blaze all around making it harder to see, and then turn near the end of it's trajectory to catch a terraformer that was doing right in the face. This dude still scales below Joseph in pure skill by a massive margin.

"but "it's just skill" levitating? No explanation? I am gonna call bull on that."

The only guy in verse that can freely controll gravity is Yashiro. Anyone else having that ability as in "it being supernatural" makes even less sense from the actual story perspective (not gonna sum up 26eps and a movie why its even worse to assume it being supernatural)

But that's still the very same situation as Ikki. The author can call it skill all he wants, but no manner of training for a normal person lets you control your body like that, biologically is impossible. Toriko would normally also fall under this but, A) It's something that anyone else can indeed pull off in verse and, B) We have a general idea of the difficulty because it's shown to us, and people that do this and that still find it incredibly difficult, etc.

Not to mention, fate characters ignore gravity because they already normally ignore physics so they run up a building, Naruto characters as well through chakra. None are using gravity hax, but it's no less supernatural. Unless you want to go ahead and explain to me what skills you would need to stand horizontally in a wall withotu gravity affecting you? Not running up a wall, straight up standing on it without moving at all. Feel free to explain and them it may be quantifiable.

A) It's something that anyone else can indeed pull off in verse

Well, that does apply...

Also pretty sure that Ikkis feats werent denied because of that.

About that example. It is still impossible for Yukari to have a supernatural ability that grants him anything like that. Story wise at least.

"Unless you want to go ahead and explain to me what skills you would need to stand horizontally in a wall withotu gravity affecting you?"

More skill than a guy that can stay on a wall by runnning/moving I guess.

His other feats that are actually quantifiable weren't, starting his heart up and shutting off his ability to see color were to become more powerful were.

Unless you can come up with an understandable way in which skill could ever be used to stand in a wall without using supernatural shenanigans, then that should tell you it really isn't something that falls under skill.

So not only are Nanami and Shichika (plus other Katanagatari characters) gonna be shifting around in tiers, but Shichika has some feats that might put him in the running to surpass Jin Mo-ri in terms of skill.

And maybe be comparable to Ikki

Gilgamesh for the 9-B second spot, prebably even the first

Intelligence: At least Above Average (He knew the time before the flood, many secret and hidden things, and all countries of the world. Was a very skilled warrior, and strangely, a skilled mason, as he built the walls of Uruk), Possibly Omniscient (Anu gave him the totality of all knowledge)

Overlord775 said:
Gilgamesh for the 9-B second spot, prebably even the first

Intelligence: At least Above Average (He knew the time before the flood, many secret and hidden things, and all countries of the world. Was a very skilled warrior, and strangely, a skilled mason, as he built the walls of Uruk), Possibly Omniscient (Anu gave him the totality of all knowledge)
That just says that he is rly smart...

@Creature No clue.

Also, we have already talked about the whole omniscient issue already. That's too vague and broad, not to mention knowledge doesn't equate to skill. Waver Velvet is one of the most knowledgeable people about magecraft in the entirey of the Nasuverse and has boosted the quality of students with his teaching techniques, but he's still weaker and way less skillful than nearly everyone one of his students.

Also I really want there to be a rule that it has to be the character's own skill and can't be anything downloaded or implanted.

Not gonna be a dictator and enforce it, but that'd be my preference

Saito's skill doesn't seem to be his, it seems to come from runes.

Don't know about other tiers, but Mr Kazuto's not getting into 8-B and Midoriya's not getting into 9-A

Is Midoriya even the most skilled Academia student? Thought that was Todoroki.

Also I'm gonna try to reevaluate where Katanagatari characters will go now that the revision is complete.

Me and Earl will settle things later

Anyone wanna push for their characters in 8-B and 7-A, so I know where to put "Characters from Katanagatari"?

Nah, the place the skill comes from shouldn't really matter. That's not what this is for.

Unless it needs to be explicitly boosted by some kind of power or hax that isn't something passive and permanent.

The source of someone's skill is an absolute non-factor, passive or not.

And Saito is only skilled when hosing a weapon, and not overly so even if.

I don't think we are disqualifing people for being extremely skilled with one thing but not another. Otherwise anyone that is less than ideal with other weapons but the ones they have their best feats with shouldn't be here.

Back