• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters For Every Tier 3

Just to mention it but since this is 8-C ikki that's on the list with assassins, he doesn't have his heart restarting feat, cus he learned it later on, he does have the rest though

@Lancelot Ikki copied and perfected a lifetime of experience by seeing a stance when he copied ayase's fighting style and the ultimate technique of the sword style which even she couldn't perform. But none of the things Wok "went in detail about" really show any real skill it's just saying "they beat these people so they should be more skilled cus it sounds impressive right?". It is really not, here are far too many things to take into account when counting skill, not just who he beat. Are we gonna give Matoi top 1 spot cus she can beat 24D dudes? Reinhard 1st spot cus he can trash 1-A people? Dio cus he got past pseudo 2-A defense? No, none of that, none of those guys are skilled for that reason. All of those were done via abilities and other stuff, not real skill.

@Witchy

Below reinhard put "Characters from Armed With Wings" cus of Lone Warrior and Vandheer Lorde (although Vandheer is immensly more skilled Lone Warrior). Same for 5th 8-A (characters from AWW).

The Witch Quee and Ban Midou on High 6-A. Ban is insanely skilled at fighting, while The Witch Queen created like half of the hax of the verse, if that counts as skill (invented magic and the divine design cards).

It is still hax and unrelated to actual battle skill. Again, someone good at mindhax does not just get over martial artists.

No, he is saying that high intelligence is unrelated to your ability to effectively **** people up with your fists and/or weapons.

Still a hax...

That's bullshit. Touma nullified his power being directly applied to him. Comparing that to someone nullifying skill itself is just wrong.

Also no one brought this up. But im pretty sure Korosensei can score a spot in all of his keys. He is a prodigous assassin, being the best by such a larg margin he had a name even when no one had met him. All that on top of the clap and stuff.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It is still hax and unrelated to actual battle skill. Again, someone good at mindhax does not just get over martial artists.

No, he is saying that high intelligence is unrelated to your ability to effectively **** people up with your fists and/or weapons.

Still a hax...

That's bullshit. Touma nullified his power being directly applied to him. Comparing that to someone nullifying skill itself is just wrong.
You just said that high intelligence is hax... that's a nice one... since when is intelligence considered mindhax. Then Einstein has some mindhax.

Black Sperm nullified Atomic Samurai's swordsman ship effectiveness being applied to him too, and he got ****** over so I don't know what you're talking about. Your statement doesn't prove anything.

Also, high intelligence is going to relate to fighting when your ability requires you to have an astute understanding of physics, and when everyone else in the verse is fighting in the same way as well.

First, that literally matters squat. Esper brains, if you actually know the series, aren't like human brains at all in their computing power. Such complex calculations are extremely easy to him, and I doubt having a super brain is a skill.

Very little... you DO remember Accelerator lives in Academy City, the foremost spot of scientific knowledge, and has been in close proximity to all manner of cutting edge technology while having the processing power of a super computer? Deleting a virus from someone's head is also not a combat skill feat.

So... He realized that the dude that was punching him really hard could only punch him and he opted for a ranged attack. Atomic Samurai being unable to fight someone way stronger and faster than him doesn't make him less skilled and has nothing to do with Accelerator realizing that a ranged attack would be his best bet. Not to mention it would have been pretty useless, the source of the Plasma would still be supernatural so his attempt would have failed.

No, he got beat to hell and back by someone that understood his power until he summoned the black wings, which Amata could do nothing against.

You've got nothing.

No, I said that his ability to manipulate vectors is hax. If he lost that ability completely (which you cannot equate to what Touma did and you know it) he'd be helpless against a proper fighter.

You mean him tanking the stuff because he can just duplicate when cut? That got jack to do with skill. Touma didn't completely nullify his power, he just couldn't use it on him.

@Earl

Did you ACTUALLY read what I said? Like actually read? Because at this point it feels like you are just going "yeah, no" about points. Did you even see anything not related to their ability to kill other skilled people? Did you even actually see their "abilities" and factor in how much those compensate for skill? Because you aren't saying anything that sounds convincing right now, and you keep repeating Ikki's skill feat like I didn't already acknowledge it's pretty nuts.

dude chill

How about you prove that people in Academy City are born geniuses, IQ also doesn't apply to brain working fast, that's something that you have to do problems and develop mental skills for.

Also, this list isn't a "martial arts skill list" it's a battlefield capability list, if Accelerator can learn programming in seconds, then he can develop strategies to **** over OPM characters in seconds.

Black Sperm wasn't dodging Atomic Samurai's attacks, he was purposely getting slashed because they would do nothing to him. In the end Atomic Samurai was ****** over because his one-trick slices did nothing. Accelerator's forcefield was nulled, he even tried blowing up the entire battlefield and firing metal beams at Touma and they didn't kill him. He can't reverse his blood and explode him because that would be nulled too. Yet, he literally came up with an ability on the fly to equalize. Also, Accelerator's plasma was definitely able to hit and harm Touma, so it clearly wasn't "supernatural".

Black Wings aren't something that he just magically, Fairy-Tail-style achieved, and he still beat someone who knew literally everything about his ability.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
@Earl
Did you ACTUALLY read what I said? Like actually read? Because at this point it feels like you are just going "yeah, no" about points. Did you even see anything not related to their ability to kill other skilled people? Did you even actually see their "abilities" and factor in how much those compensate for skill? Because you aren't saying anything that sounds convincing right now, and you keep repeating Ikki's skill feat like I didn't already acknowledge it's pretty nuts.
You said you wanted me to argue why ikki beats, so i just mentioned a casual skill feat of his.

Yes i did see their abilities, culexus being the most broken bastard with power null, stat reduction, soul manipulation, dura negation, phasing, invisibility and more. Totally not broken abilities. Vindictive himself is just a good sniper, he doesn't really have any other skill that could compare to Ikki's skill which ecompassess every field from CQC to long range. Everesor has tier 5 stuff, matter manipulation, atomic level dura neg etc etc. The only one who isn't as broken as these guys is the callidus and she still has lethal poisons and dura neg.

Now let's compare the "abilities" of those guys to Ikki's:

• Can summon a sword from his soul, which everyone in his verse can do.
  • Has a 3x stat amp which even the most fodder in his verse can greatly outdo.
And yeah that's literally it. He is in every direction except skill weaker than everyone in his verse, yet he wins with sheer skill. Don't be giving me examples of "these guys beat tier 4 ppl" when literally all of them can 1 shot and some of them having bullshitly broken abilities. It's funny you even compared Ikki, a skilled dude with a stick to the strongest 8-C in the wiki.

Vindicare assasins aren't just 'good snippers' its considered practically impossible for them to miss. One of them snipped someone on the moon from Earth once I believe.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Vindicare assasins aren't just 'good snippers' its considered practically impossible for them to miss. One of them snipped someone on the moon from Earth once I believe.
Ok, that's just good sniping though. Being good just at sniping, isn't more skilled than ikki. Cus it's really limited to "just sniping". Ikki has so many more skills including marksmanship it heavily dwarfs that.

Yeah I know what you mean. Ikki's body control is dumb as all hell. It's also the sheer number of stupid things he can do with it.

I am chill, not sure what you mean.

They aren't born geniuses, their brain capabilities develop as their ability does. As example, see any of the higher level espers that aren't Gunha, or the fact that the most prestigious schools in Academy City with hard curriculums have higher level esper, or literally anything said when Espers talk about their powers. I also never said anything about IQ, I literally compared it to a super computer directly.

Yes... He "could" as you say but never has in the many months since the first volume and the current one. Actually look for any high level combat skill feat of Accelerator, what he "could" do doesn't matter when he can't do it in the first place.

I see. So Yogiri is more skilled than anyone below Low 2-C because his instant death ability kills everyone without an absurd death hax resistance, making all of their fighting skill moot. Hax and special abilities unrelated to skill can actually circumvent skill, who would have thought?

The method of achieving matters squat. Accel acquiring the wings had nothing to do with skill. Him beating Kihara with them also had nothing to do with skill, unless Kihara knowing his ability magically gives him the power to know about the black wings before they existed, and the power to punch Accelerator from range because Accelerator black wings let Accelerator use his power from range, making the whole tactic that let Kihara survive completely useless. But hey, he knows his ability so Accel is more skilled.

Accel having the brain power (Prior to headshot) to do the calculations required to use his ability properly and needing a super computer post headshot to do the same thing is probs his most impressive skill feat.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Accel having the brain power (Prior to headshot) to do the calculations required to use his ability properly and needing a super computer post headshot to do the same thing is probs his most impressive skill feat.
Are you literally gonna do the "restarting heart" thingy again? Accelerator's super brain abilities only matter as far as using his ability. But has he used his ability smartly? Has he made immense skill feats with said power that you could feasibly tell me he could apply in a fight? Has he outmaneuvered someone with similar super strategic intelligence using said intelligence?

Has his intelligence literally done anything beyond letting him use his ability on the first place? I ask this because Accelerator actually fights smarter later but I still see not a single example like that. Just "well, he's smart".

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
@Earl
Suit yourself, apparently broken powers both make you more and less skilled and they are all that matter. I am learning a lot today.
They don't make you more skilled if you have them without skill. Assassins beating dudes with those stuff is not skilled so i will ask again.

What makes the assassins more skilled than Ikki? And give me concrete feats not stuff like "he beat this guy and this guy". A concrete feat was the snipe from the moon, i can 100% agree with that, it was a legit quantifiable and rather impressive feat. So ya got more of those feats or can we just proceed to putting Ikki at 1st spot?

Well yeah he managed to calculate the vectors of a super natural/magical ability (which shouldn't have any vectors in the first place) and reflected a High 1-C attack as a 5-B. To be fair I don't know To aru that well.

And I will ask again, did you actually read what I said? Did you actually read anything Wok said beyond "can beat these dudes"? And did you actually call sniping from the moon of a planet to a planet "good sniping"?

So can you actually do that or not be so held up on Ikki being number 2?

Another good Assasins feat I can think of is that they considered 6 assasins in a group to be immensly more efficient then using 1000 warships.

Yeah. How does Atomic Samurai with his one-trick-pony sword-spam stack up to Accelerator almost beating a person who could counter nearly everything that he could throw at him and someone who was massively prepared and had all of his tactics on check.

Mugino Shizuri level 5 got beat multiple times by Hamazura who has no esper abilities at all and there are barely any introduced level 4s so you can't discern that every high level esper is a rational thinker. Accelerator needs to use his head because that's how literally every esper in Academy City fights except Touma.

Accelerator being able to try all of his options against Touma, and seeing them fail, and then deducing that he can circumvent Imagine Breaker with plasma is enough of a feat. With Kakine Teitoku, he was introduced with a substance that literally doesn't exist in the universe, yet he analyzed it when having his head smashed through buildings and modified his ability to counter it.

Atomic Samurai's fights are either he shreds his opponent in one second, or he gets his ass handed to him in one second. Even with G5, he just shook off everything and pulverized it to dust in a minute.

Also, Accelerator's ability isn't "broken", it also isn't passive. He needs to actually think in order to coordinate the function of his ability to the degree where pretty much every time he fights he uses a different function in addition to his barrier. If you don't consider problem solving skills as actual "skill", then make a martial arts thread otherwise this list can be hulked up with brawn-but-no-brains

The fact that his one trick poney spam is not his only move but his most known one? Also that Accelerator merely remembered he could do ranged attacks in your first example, which still would not have beat Touma, and that Kihara had no way at all to deal with Black Wings? Are you more skilled than a martial artist just because you suddenly get a gun and can shoot from a distance? Because that's what you are arguing.

I am getting tired of asking for people to actually read what I am writing. High computational skill is what's needed to use Esper powers at all, ALL Espers have it, Accelerator is just the one with the best precessing ability because his ability necessitates it. You just literally proved yourself wrong, Mugino still has all the necessary processing ability to use her skill even when she's going mad, and she's still able to make incredibly lousy and stupid decisions while fighting Hamazura despite her computational ability being like a super computer. She's not Accel but she's still leagues above any normal human in the To Aru Verse, but that doesn't make her a better fighter than Anti-Skill, or a better strategist than the Second Princess.

... Yes, accelerator playing around and then getting beat up made him realize he can do ranged attacks. He's so smart too, he only found out he could make plasma in that very same fight despite always having the computational ability to do that. He even used his intellect to make his power do what it's supposed to do when he found out new information he didn't have before.

He could propel metal beams and use telekinesis as ranged attacks, so I don't know what you're talking about when you say he "just learned to go ranged" when he literally can't fight melee at all.

Also, Atomic Samurai doesn't fight with anything other than his sword spam, he literally hasn't gone through a single fight without just rapid-firing slashes so it says nothing about his skill and it might as well be his only technique.

Your point about computational skills doesn't prove anything at all. This list isn't based on the To Aru list alone, it's based on the skills of characters in comparison to other verses. Going by your logic, it shouldn't only be Accelerator on 7-B, it should be "characters from To Aru" because every single Level 5 except Gunha possesses massively superior problem solving skills compared to OPM characters and thus are far more skilled in analyzing and countering in combat. Also, just because Mugino Shizuri is able to become insane, doesn't mean Accelerator or any level 5 is going to make the same mistakes as she did.

Being able to swing a sword like a windmill or fists like a jackhammer doesn't make someone more skilled than someone who can find counters to a large majority of techniques on first sight despite being on a massive disadvantage.

Right now you're just trying to downplay how much computational ability it takes to use Accelerator's ability and you have nothing to prove why Atomic Samurai is more skilled than Accelerator when AS would just screw himself if he were to lose his sword. There literally hasn't been a moment where Atomic Samurai could counter an attack, he just shreds his opponent and when someone can resist it he is ******.

Leaving side that Accel has no Telekinesis, you've once again proven yourself wrong. He could have just as easily propelled a bunch of gravel at lethal speeds towards Touma and some of it would get past his hand because bunch of projectiles over a big area, instead of one big ball that could just be Imagine Breaker-ed or ****** over by changing the wind. Great fighting skill. And... No, Accel goes melee A LOT. You've also made me lose any chance of believing that you know Accel at all if you really think he can't fight in melee.

I am starting to doubt if you've actually seen One Punch Man.

Indeed it is, and you've proved nothing. Accel's smarts matter dirt when they are used to make his ability work and nothing else. So why not bring up actual examples? But I doubt you would because you are once again not even reading what I said. I'm not saying any level 5 would go crazy because Mugino did, I am saying Mugino went crazy and could still use her powers, and when she sane she still wasn't a super skilled fighter nor a great strategist. The big brain Espers get so they can use their powers doesn't make them master fighters, which is what you've been arguing for Accel. So my point remains.

Yee, a large majority of techniques like a dude that only has one ability and only has it in 1 arm, let's throw a big projectile he can negate. But how about the dude that knows about my ability... Oh yeah! Beat him with an ability that I wasn't trying to obtain, that he knows nothing about and has no way to counter. That'll prove my skill.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
And I will ask again, did you actually read what I said? Did you actually read anything Wok said beyond "can beat these dudes"? And did you actually call sniping from the moon of a planet to a planet "good sniping"?
So can you actually do that or not be so held up on Ikki being number 2?
That was literally most of what it was. Beating dudes who were supposedly skilled and strong which as i said isn't applicable. Fighting for a long time, which isn't skill, it's mostly stamina and stuff. Waiting for a long time which is again partly stamina and basic stealth but considering their equipment and stuff it's easy. Being superior to spacemarines which isn't even a skill feat it can mean anything as these guys have bullshit equipment and abilities. Operate technology which isn't combat skill. Ppl don't know they exist, which isn't combat skill.

And Lancelot, how much do you want to wank the sniper feat dude? As i say it's very impressive sniping ok. It's just 1 sniper shot, and that's it. Only sniping, only that. Doesn't mean sniping skill can compared to all of Ikki's skills. In 1 area and in 1 are alone is Vindicare better than Ikki and that is just sniping. In absolutely everything else Ikki will outdo by so much it's not even funny. Stop clining on the words like "oh you think it's just good?", by good i mean very good, nothing ikki has shown or that i can argue he can come close to, but it's just sniping, 1 area of skill. Stop bringing it up as "give it more credit", it's the 3rd time someone brings it up.

Im not being held up on Ikki being number 2. I don't care honnestly, i can settle for him being last spot if you want. But the point is "why?". The arguments being brought up aren't "clear" and can be acomplished by more than just raw skill. Saying "don't be so held up on Ikki being 2nd" is like saying "why are you trying to correct the wrong?". The list can just stay like that (not get updated) for all i care, doesn't mean i can just say "ok you're right" if the arguments don't "suffice" and when im not the only one believing so.

Are we just rly arguing wether computing powers are skill? It is a case of "it depends", honestly. Shiro from NGNL, who calced the trajectory of a bunch of bullets to dodge them/reflect them with her own bullets. Yes, that's skill. Accel who uses his intelligence to power his hax and nothing but his hax... no. He is still very smart though.

@Earl @Earl "- Gear made for the Assassins like the Spy Mask and Sentinel Array was initially tried out for such elite marines mentioned in the last bullet. Unfortunately, the massive influx of constant info was too much for them to bear, disorienting and confusing even these hardened veterans. Assassins process it subconsciously. - Every Assassin during their training learns a ton. They can't expect any support whatsoever on their missions and as such are trained to function in remote parts of the galaxy for years at a time on their lonesome. They're often given rather vague goals like "this person needs to be killed" and required to come up with the rest of their plan on their own (In one case, there's an Eversor that's just been let loose for a long time to spread as much terror as possible in one sector), resulting in stuff like the Vindicare moon shot or the other vindicare who waited 6 years in one position without ever getting noticed. - In addition to this independence, assassins can operate almost any technology understood by the imperium, have the Imperium's history memorized (minus the naughty bits ofc), understand the functions and inner workings of its organizations, know every known language that isn't some vector to daemonic possession, have an absolutely perfect knowledge of human biology, and know everything the imperium knows about the biological structures of xenos. - The assassinorum as a whole was unknown even to The Emperor of Mankind for a while till Rogal Dorn spilled the beans. While it is true that this was back when Malcador the Sigillite was running things, it still means individuals on their missions were somehow able to evade detection from basically all of the imperium. Even in modern times most people don't know they exist."

Most of what Wok said, yes? I would certainly disagree. I fail to grasp and I'll stop trying to grasp how you somehow think being able to process information, that makes veterans of battle with thousands of years of experience that are especially engineered to process massive mounts of information in ridiculous amounts of time in massive, incredibly chaotic battles dizzy, as easily as just walking and then using that to better adjust your battle strategy is not combat skill. Do you know where stealth would be hella useful? Combat. That's a combat skill and a very useful one.

You just lost any credibility I could honestly give you just calling that an incredible shot. Do you actually even begin to process how much information actual snipers have to account for even in real life and in optimal conditions? Wind, gravity, grouping, humidity, the Earth's rotation, spindrift, elevation, and other things I am pretty much forgetting. Even to a veteran, this takes time. And this goes for a shot even in good conditions where the target is just far away. Now add the God knows how many other number of factors and added calculations as a bullet leaves the atmosphere while interacting with gravity in a whole new way and having to enter another atmosphere with a likely different gravity, plus the bullet's travel time.

The assassin did the shot in barely a second once the target was in view.

I know how absurd Ikki's feats are, so no, I am not wanking anything just because you have weird standards for what is quantifiable for combat skill and don't realize the difficulty of something like that shot.

@Lancelot

Ok yeah i read all that even before.

The information part is just IQ, not combat skill. So yes it is not. The stealth as i did say "it is combat skill" but it is not that impressive considering all of these guys can go invisible and intangible by going out of sync with reality.

Here you go again. "The sniper shot is valid and yes above anything Ikki can do with a sniper, but it doesn't suffice as it's just sniping, nothing else, it is too limited in what it can do"

"Oh but it was good".

Dude im agreeing to the sniper shot being more impressive than anything Ikki can pull out with a sniper, you're still going at it. You're losing credibility at this point. "I have this one feat and imma bring it up so much that you will just stop responding to this point". Seriously if you bring the sniper shot again, im not gonna reply to it. I have said my opinion of it several times you don't seem to grasp it. This is Ikki vs Assassins. I say yes that skill is above anything Ikki can snipe. You still say "it's above anything ikki can snipe". Geez.

I do realize the difficulty which is why im saying it is not sth Ikki can pull off. Im saying sniper skills are very limited, as in VERY limited to "only sniping". Vindicare doesn't have anything to compete against Ikki outside of the sniping.

Back