• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 best character desings

Simple, based on the character looks, how It translate the character pesonality, powers and role + how good looking and iconic the character is let's see what are the top 10 character desings in the wiki

0- JustANormalLemon

1-The Lich(First Desing)
images

2-Catra
images

3-Storm(Marvel)
381e8a5d5ee98f1a12b5aebbc514a6ae.jpg

4-Fury Bowser(And all his other desings combined))
images

5-Bonnie(Withered and base)
images

6-Director Phobos
2118188_deimosart_phobos-madness-project-nexus.jpg

7-kirby
images

8-TF2 mercs
s-l1200.jpg

9-Sinbad
cb1a1298d25db57ea7e257fb28669d0a.jpg

10-Ichiban Kasuga
IchibanKasuga.png

honorable mentions
  • Dracula(Beta desing)
    2819772bc956abd44692f5c57db4944efa9e35f7.jpg
Maybe later I will make a "best character desing of each tier

Last edited:
Okay, sinse there is no competition yet he will be in first place for now, also could You ling his profile?

His official artwork goes ******* wild.

His official artwork goes ******* wild.
Fair enough for me, where do You think he should be?

Hummm... sure where You think It should be?

IDK, don't feel that is that good, is just a dude with blond wings and eyes coverd, I may be wrong trough
Now see, here's the tricky part. The best way to determine if a design is Iconic is by looking only at the silhouette. Popularity tends to skew things, for example Fnaf is more popular than Yakuza. But if you only take the Sillouette of W. Bonny, you'd see it just normally looks like any other rabbit animatronic. Ichiban's pose not only shows his distinct personality, but his silhouette is quite noticeable as well thanks to the hair. I'd say it can go above Phobos, maybe even Catra.

Now see, here's the tricky part. The best way to determine if a design is Iconic is by looking only at the silhouette. Popularity tends to skew things, for example Fnaf is more popular than Yakuza. But if you only take the Sillouette of W. Bonny, you'd see it just normally looks like any other rabbit animatronic. Ichiban's pose not only shows his distinct personality, but his silhouette is quite noticeable as well thanks to the hair. I'd say it can go above Phobos, maybe even Catra.
... Disagree, Bonnie looks very distinct and the first desing is probable one of the best character desing for a horror game hitting perfectly into the uncanny, shows his calm and agressive personality and has a lot of character from just still images of him on the cameras, and them we have his withered apearance that is just great overall into making the desing extremely iconic

I think I can put him into the 10 place, mostly beacuse I don't see much on him that diferenciate of other Yakuza character in the grand scale of things, but I can adimit that may be just personal opnion of my part, but IDC the list is mine lol
Its not a fan art
I see, still hold my opnion of not enough for the list

But if you only take the Sillouette of W. Bonny, you'd see it just normally looks like any other rabbit animatronic. Ichiban's pose not only shows his distinct personality, but his silhouette is quite noticeable as well thanks to the hair. I'd say it can go above Phobos, maybe even Catra.
the only problem with fnaf silhouettes is when you compare them to other fnaf animatronics (this is mostly due to AR making 20 billion variants of the same animatronic, or the animatronic literally having 20 billion different variants [looking at you, william]).

if you look at their silhouette outside of the other characters, especially the fnaf 1 characters have very specific poses and character builds which make them very noticeable from a silhouette

Also, gonna pull Director Phobos some spots down, even if the official art is amazing his actually desing in the show and games is just okay, sorry comiphorus

the only problem with fnaf silhouettes is when you compare them to other fnaf animatronics (this is mostly due to AR making 20 billion variants of the same animatronic, or the animatronic literally having 20 billion different variants [looking at you, william]).
Goddammit William
if you look at their silhouette outside of the other characters, especially the fnaf 1 characters have very specific poses and character builds which make them very noticeable fom a silhouette
That's fair it seems. But I'd say looking within the verse itself is quite important too.
... Disagree, Bonnie looks very distinct and the first desing is probable one of the best character desing for a horror game hitting perfectly into the uncanny, shows his calm and agressive personality and has a lot of character from just still images of him on the cameras, and them we have his withered apearance that is just great overall into making the desing extremely iconic
Say for Ichiban, he's much more loose than tense, more wild than calm like Kiryu's portrait would display. Ichiban stands out heavily compared to other characters in Yakuza.
I think I can put him into the 10 place, mostly beacuse I don't see much on him that diferenciate of other Yakuza character in the grand scale of things, but I can adimit that may be just personal opnion of my part, but IDC the list is mine lol
I'd say 10 is way too low, 7 at least

That's fair it seems. But I'd say looking within the verse itself is quite important too.
honestly, even looking inside the verse, Bonnie himself isn't too bad when it comes to that. the worst offender of that is Freddy. you couldn't pick out Fnaf 2 freddy out of his variants. At least bonnie is fairly different in all his things where you can tell the difference between fnaf 1, 2, and 4's versions.

If it were up to me, Springtrap should take Bonnie's place. Springtrap is the pinnacle of horror game designed characters.

honestly, even looking inside the verse, Bonnie himself isn't too bad when it comes to that. the worst offender of that is Freddy. you couldn't pick out Fnaf 2 freddy out of his variants. At least bonnie is fairly different in all his things where you can tell the difference between fnaf 1, 2, and 4's versions.
Well it is Five Night at FREDDIES, sorta makes sense he has so many similar models
If it were up to me, Springtrap should take Bonnie's place. Springtrap is the pinnacle of horror game designed characters.
Oh yeah, that's true.

I mean, I wouldn't say his desing is better then ENA,
A quite simplistic design, too simple, to where if you took the silhouette you wouldn't exactly know who it is
furry bowser
Who's only appears in one game and a spinoff. Browsers normal design should be included instead, and a lot higher.
nor the beta Dracula lol... Maybe I should remove beta dracula sinse is quite cheating
Why you include him

A quite simplistic design, too simple, to where if you took the silhouette you wouldn't exactly know who it is
I wouldn't recoonize the Yakuza guy neither, but I guess It's a fair point
Who's only appears in one game and a spinoff. Browsers normal design should be included instead, and a lot higher.
Apearing in one single game don't make the desing worst lol, and meh, I feel like bowser is iconic but It's color scheme isn't that good, Fury bowser fix most of that problem and makes what is good on his desing better, but I guess You are right about he should be higher

Also, sinse I removed beta dracula There is one empty spot

What spot do You think she deserves?

AR William was the exception to that, as he's confirmed to be the original William Afton through emails.
... This is so dumb, but okay, fair enough
W for The Lich
That bro is one of the best desings I ever saw on fiction, It tell exactly what he is and what he does, so iconic that 90% of litch fanart use that desing even trough It is one of the last used desings for litch in the show, etc etc
Could the TF2 mercs get a spot?
They do have very ichonic desings to the point of beingh used in character desing studies on how to make a "generic human" character distinct... where should they be? and witch one deserves the highlight? or should they be keept together?

I wouldn't recoonize the Yakuza guy neither, but I guess It's a fair point
Yeah but Yakuza has been gaining massive popularity as of late
Apearing in one single game don't make the desing worst lol, and meh, I feel like bowser is iconic but It's color scheme isn't that good, Fury bowser fix most of that problem and makes what is good on his desing better, but I guess You are right about he should be higher
It's not about good or bad, but how iconic. Appearing in less media can tank that. And, no Bowser is iconic. Show anyone him and they'll get it. Like, Superman or Batman need number 1, even if you don't know them, by design you can know who they are

Yeah but Yakuza has been gaining massive popularity as of late
meh
It's not about good or bad, but how iconic. Appearing in less media can tank that. And, no Bowser is iconic. Show anyone him and they'll get it. Like, Superman or Batman need number 1, even if you don't know them, by design you can know who they are
... the list isn't about beingh iconic is about beingh good... I guess kirby shouldn't be here them? but his desing is perfect for what he is... I will need to put some trough on It]

also, If was about iconic we would have among us there for just how reconizable It is, iconic can be artificially inflated trough media spreeding

Back