• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 anime verses on this wiki

Literally one of the most popular anime of all time doe...

While it is kinda popular, it isn't one of the most popular of all times by any strecht. Unless you want to say Katekyo Hitman Rebor is also one, given both are on the same range of popularity.

But it is... Look at the ranking on MAL or other sites. It's not as popular as Naruto, Dragon Ball, Bleach, One Piece or others, but right after that... I believe HXH takes the spot for being one of the most influential and popular anime of all time

Also no, KHR is not the same line of popularity, not even close

SpookyShadow said:
SpookyShadow wrote: It's not as popular as Naruto, Dragon Ball, Bleach, One Piece or others
You're proving my point, THOSE are the most popular ones in history, and even then, I'll say Bleach barely counts, so Hunter totally doesn't.

And yes, it totally is.

As anime guy since 2013 I've heard of KHR like 2 times, about HXH, basically most of time. I said "one of", not "the most" popular, just because the 3 are more popular doesn't mean HXH doesn't count...

I didn't say "the most" either, but it totally doesn't count as "one of" either.

I legit wonder just what weird corner of the world are you on, given every time we talk of popularity, you don't know of popular stuff but are very familar with obscure ones.

KHR isn't exactly close to HxH in terms of popularity. The anime started coming out in 2006, so anime hadn't gained nearly as much traction in the West as when the HxH 2011 anime released, it was also less common to watch and talk about anime online back then, so it didn't blow up as much as HxH 2011. In terms of sales estimations for the manga, HxH is 22nd of all time, while KHR is tied with a bunch of others somewhere in the 80s.

I don't know what your definition of "one of" might be

Well then, sorry I'm not the omniscient Mr. Worldwide knowing about every piece of "popular" media in animanga that I have never heard of in my entire life.

I said they were on the same range, not literally tied. Also, sales don't say much considering that a part of the Top 20 is made of relatively obscure series such as Kochikame.

What I meant is that Hxh deserves to be more popular than db and naruto, because to me the thematic richness and plot twists of hxh make it much better than the two aformentioned ones.

Why do people tend to list High Priest as the strongest To Aru character / leading Magic God? Have seen this several times now, so I wonder where that comes from. Chimera (To Aru) or Nephthys are (in practice) the strongest if you ask me...

I think it is because most H1C matches were done with him, also, Aiwass is, ap wise, the strongest H1C in Toaru, also, don't forget him.

XDragnoir said:
I think it is because most H1C matches were done with him, also, Aiwass is, ap wise, the strongest H1C in Toaru, also, don't forget him.
Aiwass is ok, though he really lacks abilities right now.

Forgotten God on the other hand doesn't have a lot going for him.

Ultimately Chimera is probably the best, as she is the only MG with a passive.

I mean, maybe Aiwass would be stronger if the ritual with Accel and Touma was ever made, but right now he can be killed by Curtana.

I mean, his form being strange is still better than Nuada's insects, for example.

Yeah, Chimera FTW.

It works even on top 100, and even more. It's just that they debate the position.

Also, you want just anime (without light novels), or anime (with light novels). Another one is, do you want them to come from an animated source first then light novel or can reverse works, light novel then made into an anime.

@KLOL we didn't Ion said earlier that TM hasn't been adjusted to the new system.

@Ricardo I Gabe a top 10, with a few revisions from the others.

Back