• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tons of TNT for volcanic explosion?

So... how many tons of TNT is the average explosive volcanic eruption? I'm trying to figure out the feat at 18:33 of the linked video. Ezekiel falls into the volcano and survives that explosive eruption as seen at 19:01 and his appearances later on in the series.

The only result I can find is the Mt. Krakatoa eruption at 200 megatons. But that's the highest in recorded history. I don't want to highball this, I'm looking for the average. According to the show, this is Mt. Kilauea in Hawaii that explodes. Kilauea typically erupts quietly, but has been reported to erupt explosively long ago in the past. How powerful would explosive eruptions of Kilauea be?

Total Drama World Tour - Episode 26 - Hawaiian Punch
Total Drama World Tour - Episode 26 - Hawaiian Punch

So should I upgrade the two existing Total Drama pages I've made to match this? Many characters can wrestle and trade blows with Ezekiel and as such, be able to scale.

Saint Helens was 26 Megatons, we typically use that as a baseline for average eruptions. That said, if we can get a calc of it, that be better then assuming the yield. I can get to it later.

Side note: Krakatoa wasn't the highest eruption in known history. Vesuvius was at least 1 Gigaton. Theirs some prehistoric eruptions that were estimated in the hundreds of Gigatons too.

Back