• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tom And Jerry stat definement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor_Voodoo

Joke Battles
Administrator
Is there any way we can find definable and (at least somewhat, given the nature of the cartoon) consistent AP feats for Tom, Jerry, & Spike? Those Unknown stats are bugging me.

They survived a house blowing up, and they consistently hurt each other so "At least Small Building level" seems okay for now. I'm pretty sure they have much better feats though.

Problem is that gag shows tend to have massively inconsistent stats. It's like Marvel, but on purpose. Small Building is a good start though.

Yeah. Speaking of inconsistent, despite them surviving that, Tom has literally died via a similar house leveling explosion, and execution via guillotine. This does raise minor durability questions.

I personally think Wall level, or "At least Wall level" is a good place to start

Tom, at one point, tried to kill himself via getting run over by a train right? How high would that rate?

Train is 9-A

But IIRC Tom can breaks wood doors and break parts of walls on regular basis

So wall level is ok I guess

^ Both Jerry and Tom tried that at the end of some episode and presumably died.

Besides, both Tom & Jerry have various feats of survival. I don't remember Tom dying via a house levelling explosion.

Iirc, in Blast off to mars! (Or something like that), both Tom & Jerry and two humans survived the rocket being accelerated to LS.

Accelerating to lightspeed rarely counts in fiction due to not being consistent with real life though, so there's that. Though, I don't remember that part.

Perhaps a range for their stats? Something like...

Wall level to <insert consistent high end>, but that would need checking a lot of episodes for consistent high ends.

In one of the movies, Jerry accidentally falls on a button that is conveniently named "Light Speed" while they were fighting on a rocket.

Well, I think the tiering is unknown due that very reason lol.

I could do that in a month of so, if I remember.

LlamaGod1411 said:
^ Both Jerry and Tom tried that at the end of some episode and presumably died.

Besides, both Tom & Jerry have various feats of survival. I don't remember Tom dying via a house levelling explosion.

Iirc, in Blast off to mars! (Or something like that), both Tom & Jerry and two humans survived the rocket being accelerated to LS.
It was in the episode "Mouse Trouble". Tom lit up a bunch of explosives and paid for it.

I remember that one episode with the explosive mouse that ended with Tom kicking said mouse and blasting his entire house into rubble. In the end, he poked his head out and said in a weird voice-in-a-can effect, "Don't you believe it."

^ That video has cool strength feats for Jerry(Hitting Billiards Ball) and hax for Tom(Moving the pocket, not affected with hole through his arm).

Yeah, they should probably be upgraded. I didn't know why Tom was given a Small Building level durability until I realized that they had feats greater than the one in Mouse Trouble. Maybe they should be upgraded to Building level, if not City Block level, since the explosion from the white mouse decimated A LOT more than just that one house they were in. It could be even higher, since they stated the white mouse has enough power to blow up a whole city. That may be an outlier, but Tom and Jerry should be upgraded or at least have a variable tier like other inconsistent characters such as Mario.

Can you get screen captures of the white mouse explosion?

Yep. It's here.

Tom and Jerry-White Mouse Explosion

As you can see, more than one house is destroyed here. Also, like I said before, it was stated that the white mouse could destroy a whole city if set off. Even if this is an outlier, this should give Tom and Jerry (and probably Spike via scaling) a higher rating.

Paleomario66 said:
Yep. It's here.

Tom and Jerry-White Mouse Explosion

As you can see, more than one house is destroyed here. Also, like I said before, it was stated that the white mouse could destroy a whole city if set off. Even if this is an outlier, this should give Tom and Jerry (and probably Spike via scaling) a higher rating.
The news person stated this outright. Here's the quote: "Your attention please! We interrupt this broadcast to bring you this urgent warning. A white mouse has just escaped from the experimental laboratories! Before escaping, he consumed enough of a new secret explosive to blow up an entire city! If you see this white mouse, telephone officials at once! And whatever you do, remember! The slightest jar will explode this white mouse and destroy the entire city! Be careful! Please, be careful!"

Well, maybe "At least Large Town level" then?

Tom and Jerry characters durability is inconsistent, in some episodes Tom survived explosions like this and in others he gets decapitated by a normal weapon.

"Variable. At most Large Town level" then?

Antvasima said:
"Variable. At most Large Town level" then?
A variable tier would make sense, due to the extreme inconsistencies of the show. What about the AP? Should it stay as Unknow? Spike, Tom and Jerry can all damage each other, so their AP could be at that same level. I'm not sure.

I agree with a variable tier.

I think their AP should scale to their durability personally.

"Variable. At most Large Town level" for both durability and attack potency then?

Okay. Feel free to change the Tom & Jerry profiles accordingly.

Iirc, there exists an episode where T&J command "God" to draw weapons for them. I'm not sure if I'm confusing this feat with some other show.

The Light Speed feat is legit IIRC.

Tom is out in the spaceship engine, and they click the light speed button and it blasts them to Mars in seconds. Since Tom was out in the engine, he felt the full force of light speed fuel being exploded. Not quantifiable, but the feat exists.

Shouldn't Tom's intelligent be higher due to the fact that he actually beat Jerry a couple of times?

And on Jerry's page, the reasoning for High Intelligence shoul apply to tom too.

Well, he never struck me as particularly intelligent. Average is probably generous, by human standards.

Well, in any case, this thread seems to have been dealt with, so it is probably best if I close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back