• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers verse upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why only ap and not speed?
If you wanted it for speed you should've made a thread about it being for speed so I'm now not even seeking to debate this. You're trying to apply a change and multiplier that has not previously been accepted for this character to upscale on speedwise with percentage based speed upscaling in calcs and because of that count me as blatantly disagreeing with the use of that upscaling, unless you get other CGMs and staff here who say otherwise and or make a thread to get the speed multiplier accepted because its not currently accepted at all

Yeah umm no this is not how it works. Just link the scans where your arguments are supported. An entire forum can't read every fiction when it's in the supporters best interest to link everything that supports their stance. If you want the argument passed due to the criticism Zefra expressed which matches with the standards please link pages where the difference in speed is stated or shown. And it needs to be shown.

No dude, Kojiro is not comparable to Baji or Chifuyu, and he was ******* holding back against Ryusei, he doesn't go as serious against Baji and Chifuyu when he attack them with a bat, because Ryusei is in his side the entire time
here, Chifuyu should be able to dodge that with that gap in speed, even if he noticed it the last second
here, Chifuyu states Kojiro is "fast" while he should be 30 times slower

here, Chifuyu should be able to dodge that with that gap in speed, even if he noticed it the last second
He was off-guard, similar to when a random gang member attacked Draken, Draken couldn't dodge that, does that mean the goon is Draken's level now?.

here, Chifuyu states Kojiro is "fast" while he should be 30 times slower
"So fast" is not enough, give me a scan where they're directly comparable. Someone could compliment someone on their speed, doesn't mean they're on their level.
And you're blatantly ignoring next panels where Koji tries to catch Baji off guard but fails to do so

He was off-guard, similar to when a random gang member attacked Draken, Draken couldn't dodge that, does that mean the goon is Draken's level now?.

"So fast" is not enough, give me a scan where they're directly comparable. Someone could compliment someone on their speed, doesn't mean they're on their level.
And you're blatantly ignoring next panels where Koji tries to catch Baji off guard but fails to do so
I agree with Morris here. I don't think you would try to catch someone off guard where you are comparable to them.

Bro he's literally saying the guy is fast and skilled they're directly shown as being relative by that alone and again it just seems they're relative there neither is displayed as being superhumanly above the other right there that's still relativity
As for the baji thing I'll not even try and argue that
The parts Dalesean accepted seem legit.
The thing is the calc is absolutely correct and fine mathematically, trying to upscale off of an unaccepted multiplier is not, but the biggest thing is whether or not this would be an outlier by our current standards because this calc would suggest the guy is 30x faster than a guy relative to himself

The thing is the calc is absolutely correct and fine mathematically, trying to upscale off of an unaccepted multiplier is not, but the biggest thing is whether or not this would be an outlier by our current standards because this calc would suggest the guy is 30x faster than a guy relative to himself
That is what I meant, is the calc being fine not the multipliers.

From the first scan the guy seems to be straight up facing him how was he caught of guard? Also so fast is a pretty blatant statement. Noone thinks so fast when they can speedblitz someone except if it's a young prodigy type of situation. Here they are just delinquents so a so fast statement means that the other person is at least dangerous and thus should be a peer in speed.

Also trying to caught off guard someone is not an admittance to being inferior because you want to end the fight fast and the other guy barely avoided it which further supports the existence of a small gap if any exists at all. Like showing the feats and suggesting that yes that shows a tremendous difference in speed is far from reality.

Bro he's literally saying the guy is fast and skilled they're directly shown as being relative by that alone and again it just seems they're relative there neither is displayed as being superhumanly above the other right there that's still relativity
That was after Kojiro tries to ambush Baji like he ALWAYS did. If they're GENUINELY comparable, why did Kojiro ALWAYS avoid direct confrontation with Baji and only tries to attack him off-guard.

They're not comparable AT ALL

So I would currently say I agree with both sides. The multiplier argument makes sense and I agree with dalsean on that end. What I disagree with is the relativity part though. I do believe that for someone to be relative to someone you need more proof then saying "he's fast" especially since the character on the ground seems to be in a state where I assume he's been hit on the head multiple times and may not be in the right state of mind to be constituting how fast someone is.

Bro he's literally saying the guy is fast
Could just be referring to the slash. Slashes can possibly be up to more than 4 times faster than the slasher. Could also be about his travel speed or just how quick he is to take action.

they're directly shown as being relative by that alone and again it just seems they're relative there neither is displayed as being superhumanly above the other right there that's still relativity
Kojiro right after fails to hit Baji while he was off guard. Baji was also able to pretty much take him down with a punch, and Ryusei who is slightly weaker than Baji actually does one-shot him once.

Is there’s something wrong with scaling the calc to the guy relative to him?
let's say we are relative during a fight, suddenly a dodge your punch from 0,000000001 m so I should be exponentially faster than you but after that we are still relative.

From the calculation page:

Evading Punches

Refrain from calculating feats based on dodging attacks from other characters at extreme proximity, as this is primarily a trope used to exaggerate a narrow miss rather than a literal representation of overwhelming speed. Taking it at face value is often inconsistent with the battle in which the feat occurs, where the opponents are presented as equals, but the calculation results in them being considered several times faster. This should only be used when the character in question is greatly superior to the one who's attack he is evading and the speed of the attack is concretely stated, such as being able to surpass the speed of sound, or light, or uses a basis in the Real World such as the speed of an athlete's punch. If the two fighters are equal, you should simply scale them to the stated speed of the attack, or off of other feats they perform.

That was after Kojiro tries to ambush Baji like he ALWAYS did. If they're GENUINELY comparable, why did Kojiro ALWAYS avoid direct confrontation with Baji and only tries to attack him off-guard.

They're not comparable AT ALL
No caps or else you will be mistaken for being aggro here

Is there’s something wrong with scaling the calc to the guy relative to him?
Basically this HOWEVER
From what I understood this specific calc can only be used when there is already an established tremendous speed difference and not as a support of it.
at the same time, given the justifications in the calc I'll say it again and again THE CALC and its justifications are perfectly fine in a void and not at all no just looking at it by itself but by our current standards that zefra stated before this could mske it outliery for a verse that's subsonic+ outside of the attack speed for the one singular god tier.

For now I'm fine with accepting this for this Chifuyu's reactions

Also why would Chifuyu think about this guys slashes in the first person yet be wording it about the guys relativity to Baji... like yall are pushing it with that.

Chifuyu thinks that guy is fast and skilled that's his only statements, anything else is headcanon honestly.

The guy is relative to him

Also why would Chifuyu think about this guys slashes in the first person yet be wording it about the guys relativity to Baji... like yall are pushing it with that.

Chifuyu thinks that guy is fast and skilled that's his only statements, anything else is headcanon honestly.

Could just be referring to the slash. Slashes can possibly be up to more than 4 times faster than the slasher. Could also be about his travel speed or just how quick he is to take action.

Kojiro right after fails to hit Baji while he was off guard. Baji was also able to pretty much take him down with a punch, and Ryusei who is slightly weaker than Baji actually does one-shot him once.

You can go ahead and omit that baji part you're trying to push and my guy slashes from a weapon are typically subsonic, these guys are subsonic+ so its not gonna be some 4x speed upscale even if he's wielding the weapon you know that's not how this works Corbin.

From the first scan the guy seems to be straight up facing him how was he caught of guard? Also so fast is a pretty blatant statement. Noone thinks so fast when they can speedblitz someone except if it's a young prodigy type of situation. Here they are just delinquents so a so fast statement means that the other person is at least dangerous and thus should be

"He is fast" isn't a clear statement. It can easily be about Kojiro's speed on taking actions or his travel speed like Corbin said. I don't see anything in that statement suggesting that Chifuyu is comparable to Kojiro at all.

"He is fast" isn't a clear statement. It can easily be about Kojiro's speed on taking actions or his travel speed like Corbin said. I don't see anything in that statement suggesting that Chifuyu is comparable to Kojiro at all.
BLUD HE SAYS HE'S FAST AND HE'S SKILLED, its very clear when you aren't trying to wank it ans Corbin is already just blatantly wrong in his interpretation and mentioned things no one said as an argument like travel speed so i don't wanna hear it with that fallacy

Basically this HOWEVER
at the same time, given the justifications in the calc I'll say it again and again THE CALC and its justifications are perfectly fine in a void and not at all no just looking at it by itself but by our current standards that zefra stated before this could mske it outliery for a verse that's subsonic+ outside of the attack speed for the one singular god tier.

For now I'm fine with accepting this for this Chifuyu's reactions
No, the reaction could also be due to Chifuyu underestimating Kijiro before, so sudden speed increase would always surprise him. We always think Jake Paul as fodder, but when he ended up defeating ex-champions, our perception of him changed because he isn't as weak as we think he is.

Kojiro was HOLDING BACK when he strike the bat against Ryusei, Ryusei was at this side at the point, Kojiro doesn't strike the bat as hard as he did against Baji and Chifuyu (in later chapters) if that's the case he'd knock out Ryusei instantly.

If Kojiro was actually relative to Baji, why does he always avoid direct confrontations? Why does he always tries to attack him when off-guard?

Ryusei who's slightly inferior to Baji here one shot Ryusei later in the chapters.

State your reasonings
Buddy I never commented on the Baji part of it go read my replies I'm commenting on what Chifuyu said, you're not about to sit here and try and teist my words and make this non argument with something I never said
.Which you should be able to amplify by just being faster. And again, this isn't just the only thing Chifuyu could have meant, the statement is vague and is contradictory if you take it as combat speed
Then make a sitewide CRT that says everyone with melee weapons should have "higher" with said weapon

The only reason he would say so is because he was amazed by the speed of it. Anything else is headcannon. Noone is surprised by a speed even 2x times weaker than themselves also @Zefra3011 where in the verse are the guys talked about here?

No, the reaction could also be due to Chifuyu underestimating Kijiro before, so sudden speed increase would always surprise him. We always think Jake Paul as fodder, but when he ended up defeating ex-champions, our perception of him changed because he isn't as weak as we think he is.

Kojiro was HOLDING BACK when he strike the bat against Ryusei, Ryusei was at this side at the point, Kojiro doesn't strike the bat as hard as he did against Baji and Chifuyu (in later chapters) if that's the case he'd knock out Ryusei instantly.

If Kojiro was actually relative to Baji, why does he always avoid direct confrontations? Why does he always tries to attack him when off-guard?

Ryusei who's slightly inferior to Baji here one shot Ryusei later in the chapters.
Looks like a bunch of nothing cause I never commented on baji

I understood nearly nothing here. Can't follow the way this is worded but the way someone fights has nothing to do with their power. Him preferring off guard attacks means nothing for his power when it can be easily explained by not wanting to end up in a tiring fight. Thing is if the other guy was that much faster being caught off guard wouldn't even be an option.

Buddy clearly they aren't or chifuyu wouldn't consider the guy fast or skilled like how he says verbatim
Is the point here that the guy that said so fast didn't mean it in any way comparable to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back