• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently characters are listed as supersonic to supersonic, likely higher. I would like to revise that.

User blog:Cyberblader9/Supersonic in tokyo ghoul | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom
Part 1 has 3 supersonic feats, 2 of which are done by high tiers (at that time), Half Kakuja Kaneki and Arata Armor Amon. Ayato's supersonic required acceleration from his kagune, and isnt his normal movement speed.

To be fair, Base Shinohara (human) is able to react and parry an attack from kakuja kaneki.
0101-005.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)
0101-006.png (2230×1600) (granpulse.us)
0101-007.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)

As such, part mid tiers can potentially get supersonic

My issue with labeling everyone (in part 1) as supersonic is that guns are still effective against ghouls, with most bullet timing feats in part 1 being potential aim dodging. Ghouls are usually faster than the shooters can aim, not necessarily the bullets themselves.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Support for this is lower tier ghouls getting tagged with bullets here:
0127-007.png (2230×1600) (granpulse.us)
0127-008.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)

That said, even fodder ghouls can be fte, and ghoul investigators can move a few meters in 0.1 seconds (assuming 5m gets 111 mph)
5942887-6711915106-59115.png (1115×1600) (cbsistatic.com)

So as per the speed page, subsonic to maybe subsonic+ seems fine for the lower tiers in part 1

Part 2 has 2 direct supersonic feats from lower tier characters (Naki and Hinami), alongside Ayato having supersonic attack speed (which other characters react to) alongside possibly being as fast as his own darts, all after a 2 year time skip.

Guns are still used, but are not nearly as effective on characters in this part.

part 2 also has this feat:
User blog:Cyberblader9/Naki's friends go hypersonic (Tokyo Ghoul) | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom
Mach 9 for naki's friends

My potential issue with using this feat is that these two cannot use their kagune to amp themselves, and most likely did not get faster in the timeskip
0044-001.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)

gagi and guge in part 1 were kind of fodder speed wise, as no name ghouls inferior to Shuu could fight them, and human investigators as well. Even naki was shown to be to intercept an attack faster than they could, while he was being nerfed by suppressant gas
0091-006.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)
0091-007.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)
0101-018.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)

0104-004.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)
0104-005.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)
0104-006.png (1115×1600) (granpulse.us)

So if used, Mach 9 backscales to the entire cast, which is frankly inconsistent.

My recommendation is to discard this as an outlier, and instead use this:
User blog:Cyberblader9/Narukami Feats (Tokyo Ghoul) | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom
Using the vsb number for electricity in air (mach 1.6), gets these feats to: mach 1 for base kaneki in part 1, mach 2 for yomo, and mach 4-20 for part 2 kaneki (this scales to god tiers only).
This still requires evaluation at the moment

There are more feats of this nature, but most have issues:
User blog:Cyberblader9/Issues with other narukami feats | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom

So my recommendation is:
Part 1 low tiers: Subsonic/(+)
Part 1 mid tiers: potentially supersonic
part 1 high tiers: supersonic

part1 mid and low tiers: supersonic
Part 2 high tiers: supersonic, possibly higher if the yomo calc is accepted

God tiers: at least supersonic, potentially higher (hypersonic/hypersonic+) if the kaneki calc is accepted

Edit: There was a mach 4.6 calc for part 1 amon, but as pointed out by Abstractions, my interpretation of the scene was wrong:
Tokyo Ghoul Downgrade (Final) | VS Battles Wiki Forum

As such, Im treating it as a mach 1 feat due to the shockwave

I will make a suggested edits doc after this has been discussed

Final Edit:
I decided to do a reread of all the manga during my move, alongside talking briefly to IMade
Ive changed my mind on this crt. Im fine with still changing fodder part 1 characters (ex: part 1 touka) to subsonic. But I think the current ratings for supersonic for most characters is pretty much solid, as I will display here:

Part 1 base kaneki deflects bullets

Part 1 half kakuja kaneki make a sonic boom and base shinohara reacts

Investigators like part 1 Juuzou, Houji, and Ui can react and fight with Yoshimura (relative to Half kajua Kaneki, Supersonic), and Ui can even dodge attacks from Eto (also supersonic)

Part 1 Arata armor Amon creates a shockwave with his speed

Part 2 Touka and Hinami (who is weakened at the time) and react to, and in touka's case, outpace the supersonic energy blasts from a weapon called Higher Mind

Higher mind consistent creates sonic booms or shockwaves

Part 2 Hinami can also perceive sound waves

Part 2 Naki deflects a bullet after is it is fired (not an aim dodge)

Part 2 Ayato is faster than Investigators who can react to his own darts, which makes sonic booms

Narukami feats:

narukami is a tesla coil based weapon which fires electricity, which according to site standards would be mach 1.6 per this accepted calc:
User blog:Lina Shields/Speed of Electricity | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom

Part 1 teen Renji Yomo dodges this electricity

Part 1 half dead base Kaneki also does this

Part 2 Shachi does this twice

Part 2 Renji, Ayato, and Touka do this

Kaneki also does this in part 2. This feat was accepted as mach 4.13, Supersonic+
User blog:Cyberblader9/Narukami Feats (Tokyo Ghoul) | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom

Kaneki then gets blitzed by Arima, who reveals he was holding back. After getting faster via reactive evolution from healing, kaneki is then on par with him

Conclusion

Fodder characters are subsonic, most characters are supersonic, and god tiers are supersonic+, likely baseline hypersonic

As such most of the pages can remain as they currently are, with some modifications

Blog for the speed justification for the electricity from narukami:

User blog:Cyberblader9/Narukami | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom

Last edited:
Thank you. This can probably be applied then.

I evaluated it.

Thanks. So the third calc seems to have been accepted with the low end. Ill start a draft for suggested edits, which I then will add to the op

Added. Would Abstractions opinions on the suggestions

reasoning for "likely hypersonic" is that the supersonic+ calc is mach 4.1 for base kaneki. Arima blitzs him, and kaneki regens and gets faster, enough to keep up with him

Last edited:
Thanks. So the third calc seems to have been accepted with the low end. Ill start a draft for suggested edits, which I then will add to the op

Added. Would Abstractions opinions on the suggestions

reasoning for "likely hypersonic" is that the supersonic+ calc is mach 4.1 for base kaneki. Arima blitzs him, and kaneki regens and gets faster, enough to keep up with him
I don't think it's necessary to list a tier for holding back, in the case of that we can simply assume their speed is less because they aren't going all out.

Some more elaboration on the Subsonic ratings being put on pages would be nice though.

I don't think it's necessary to list a tier for holding back, in the case of that we can simply assume their speed is less because they aren't going all out.

Some more elaboration on the Subsonic ratings being put on pages would be nice though.
will do

Ill work on it tonight

Last edited:
No problem. Thank you for helping out.

Last edited:
Again apologies for delay. Moving has been chaotic. I was also informed of two more supersonic feats recently

i have edited the OP, as I have changed my mind on my prior suggestions, given the new info I found

Last edited:
Well, an experienced member who knows what he or she is doing is enough.

Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back