• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toei Tokusatsu Cosmology Update (Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Metal Heroes, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
IWAE!

The Blessed Time is upon us. So please, watch... my CRT.

P.S. I didn't save the original iteration of this in my sandbox and so this is just a cheap copy of my original genius. If I left anything out, do let me know.

The Canon
So we've previously established that there are Toei made tokusatsus that exist within the same continuity. These include Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Metal Heroes, Android Kikaider, Inazuman, Kaiketsu Zubat, and Spider-Man (foreshadowing). Given this, cosmological constructs are shared between all the different franchises.

The Cosmology
Here is an updated draft of the current cosmology. I will briefly go over the proposed changes.

Universe
I added a few sections that go over the universal and multiversal aspects of the cosmology. What is important to note here is the section going over the interchangeability of the words "world" and "universe". The same goes for the words "countless" and "infinite".

Ideon
I dug up more scans that better illustrate that Ideon is not merely a higher dimensional realm as I had previously thought, but it is in fact a literal platonic realm. As such Ideon will now be Outerverse level (1-A).

Stories
With Ultima's tiering system change and redefinition of R>F, many of the previous elements of transcendence had to be reevaluated and reorganised. In addition, previously unused scans have added a lot of context that helped shape this new edition of the cosmology. The result is a flat upgrade to the previous R>F jumps to new layers of Outerverse level (1-A). A more in-depth analysis can be seen in the blog, but in essence, the old system of dimensional jumps from R>F will now change into Ultima's new system.

Of course with this new change in the hierarchy, a lot of scaling chains will have to be adjusted. However, I will leave that for another thread. There are more pressing matters at hand, such as...

The Custody Battle
Now back in the late 70s, Marvel offered the rights to Spider-Man to Toei to make a Tokusatsu series. Toei did just that, and now we have a cult classic show about a man doing summersaults in red and blue spandex, screaming about being an "emissary from Hell". Well you'll be happy to know that this iteration of the character has appeared in the mainline Marvel comics such as Spider-Geddon. However, I'm here to tell you that

HE'S OURS

That's right baby, Toei Spider-Man belongs to Toei (who knew). And that means he's a canon part of Toei Tokusatsu. What does this mean for canon scaling you ask? Well absolutely nothing. The show can scale to both Toei and Marvel separately as the character would only really scale off the material he's being presented to anyway. I just wanted to make a big dramatic reveal. The Toei show is part of the Toei Tokusarsu canon, however, as he has a canon crossover with Kamen Rider V3 in Televi Magazine special issues.

As such I will add the Toei Spider-Man show to the Toei Tokusatsu verse page, following this CRT.

Summary
I would first like to thank Omazio2019, ZeedKZ, MadamRider, Jamesthetaker, and everyone on the VSB Tokusatsu Discord for helping me with CRT. They did a lot of the legwork and I could not have accomplished this without them.

So the TL;DR changes are as follows:

Updated Cosmology Blog

Ideon is 1-A

Complete overhaul of the hierarchy system

Spider-Man is canon to Toei Tokusatsu

That concludes this CRT. I will follow up with other important changes later.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back