• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 5

in the case of the contract, what Accel did was to mess with the energy of the ley lines that were already in place, and not mess with something conceptual.

Qliphah doesn't take energy from the leylines though. Why would he be taking energy from it to mess with a abstract contract? He took the energy from the contract and cut off the parts which were causing draw backs. Maybe he outsourced the leylines , but Qliphah is not a grimoire and doesn't require them to exist. "

"You hadn't figured it out? You were created by passing energy through the Qliphoth according to a special process, so you're made from a type of energy, right? How is that any different from the grimoires that suck energy up from the ground or whatever?" She takes energy from the abstract Qliphah, so Accel had to interact with an abstract energy to do so. Accel's power is being able to do whatever the hell he wants with vectors if he understands it, so this shouldn't be surprising.

I intend on reading up on the 78 Tarot when the book arrives, the abilities which will be fun to see whether Accel can actually apply them or not. As far as I know though he only has the knowledge instilled from them and I'm not too sure if he himself can manipulate the contents or if he needs to outsource them to Qliphah.

That being said, regardless, she's still taking energy from an abstract-tree embedded in reality itself, which is different from the more-so tangible Leyline mana.

Shouldn't the page still be better formatted? At the moment it kinda implies that being shot in the head made Accelerator far stronger and that characters like Kakine, Gabriel or Fiamma should be far stronger as a result.

He is stronger than before though. Why would Fiamma, Kakine and Gabriel be stronger as a result? The upgrades are based on the current arc, there is a note at the bottom of his page explains that.

Note: Current statistics are based on the forms of Accelerator as he currently is in the novels.

So none of these characters should scale as there is no proof that Accel has always been 5-B or if it's just a recent thing and none of them have fought current Accel.

Maybe adding "Post NT 22" would help?

technically speaking he is still weaker than before calculation wise, he just learned better way to use his power and added new vector to his arsenal with 545, his reflection should be the same pre or post head shoot

Malox1696 said:
technically speaking he is still weaker than before calculation wise, he just learned better way to use his power and added new vector to his arsenal with 545, his reflection should be the same pre or post head shoot
There is no techically about it.

Post head shot > Pre head shot

That is all. Calculations mean nothing in the scheme of things.

Why did we replace all of Accelerator's Pre-NT22 stats in the first place? Since it's pretty clear that he got stronger later on couldn't we have just given him a Post-NT22 key rather than replacing all his previous stats from before NT22?

Tyranno223 said:
Also if post headshot Accelerator is superior, shouldn't Fuse-Kanzaki, Fiamma, Gabriel, etc also be upgraded.
Again no because he has only recently been superior, meaning Post NT 22.

Again stats are from Post NT 22, not Pre NT 22.

Pre NT 22 was 7-B with 6-A using earth's rotational energy.

Post NT 22 is 5-B, Likely far higher.

Calculations don't mean anything here.

Yeah so shouldn't Accelerator keep his Pre-NT22 stats as well? I don't see any reason for those stats to be completely removed. We could also just do this to his profiles to prevent cluttering.

AP: 7-B, High 6-A by borrowing Earth's energy | 7-B, High 6-C with Black Wings, higher with White Wings, High 6-A by borrowing Earth's energy | At least 5-B likely higher, higher with Black and White Wings, 4-B with Platinum Wings

Keys: Pre-Headshot | Post-Headshot (Pre-NT22) | Post-Headshot (Post-NT22)

I have been away for a while now, can someone tell me how Accel to god tier characters now? Can he defeat the likes of LPSD Fimma and Gabriel for example?

ZERO7772 said:
I have been away for a while now, can someone tell me how Accel to god tier characters now? Can he defeat the likes of LPSD Fimma and Gabriel for example?
Gabriel is beaten easily, but Fiamma's conceptual "I win" attack seems to lack vectors, so he's iffy. I'd say he might be beaten using his "Invisible Energy" which seems to be super-effective against non-Thelemic magic (see below)

Accel got a new power-up in NT22 in the form of Platinum Wings (after his black and white ones) which allows him to negate the Regenerationn of beings of a lower Aeon (such as the nerfed Magic Gods). Nephthys specifically got wrecked by the invisible energy, which he can see around him in this form.

He created the wings using a 3rd Holy Tree called the Clonoth (actually the Misaka Network) and the occultic knowledge beyond the Abyss of Qliphah Puzzle (because puzzle-chan is basically a clone of Coronzon in the sense that she used her body as a template to create Puzzle) By inserting this new tree into reality, it changed how the cosmology of the Toaru world worked, almost like a metaphysical Law Manip.

And this was foreshadowed back during Misaka's Lv. 6 Shift and Accel manga's Shift. And since Accel is connected to the Network 24/7, it gave him a power boost. Accel is now a Transcendant Being. He can also force any target to undergo an Astral Projection by using the Clonoth, shaking the entire galaxy in the process. The text compared it to how Holistic Espers work (large-scale phenomenon to make small-scale results) as they were introduced in NT4. That seems to be the short and simple version.

@Destinydude0 explained it better than what I could.

Accel is not just connected to the Clonoth but is actually said to control and define the Clonoth as a transcendant being. It's unknown what this means though but it's possible this might mean that Accel controls the metaphysical side of the universe. This is only theorectical though since, like I said this is unknown.

There's also the case of what him being beyond aeons means. Coronzon is beyond aeons but can only go up and down the tree but Accel should even be beyond that. Again what that means is unknown as the aeon thing seem to be a bit inconsistent to be honest. One thing is for certain is that he was able to nearly kill Neph, by negating her regenation, he actually only cut of a lock of her but the principle was that if the attack had hit then Neph would have been done for. This could theorectically mean that no magic will work on him although he does suffer from magic recoil still.

The Clonoth and the being beyond Aeons thing might be a more powerful upgrades than the wings, depending on what they actually mean.

Gabriel gets defeated easily by the way. I'm not even sure astro hand would even work as Accel has a much better understading of magic and laws that was previously unknown to him and what he doesn't understand he has Qliphah for.

Fiamma is a bit of a tricky one in general.

Back