• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tier 0 is basically unreachable at this point. To reach that level, you need to transcend a High 1-A the same way High 1-A transcends a 1-A. TOAA does not meet the requirement for even High 1-A, let alone 0. High 1-A means transcending an infinitely-layered Outerversal hierarchy. Marvel's cosmology is not an infinitely layered Outerversal hierarchy; it does not have an infinitely repeating pattern of characters that sees another 1-A as fiction. High 1-A is beyond all of that. So TOAA is at best 1-A.

TOAA has consistently shown less cosmic awareness then is befitting of a Tier 0 character. Quite a shame but not unexpected.

Yeah. Azathoth never needed to worry or care about anything overthrowing him. Nothing that exists can overwhelm him because he predates and is beyond being who embody an infinite existence. The fact that he's an enigma among the Outer Gods just shows how on another level he is.

Funny how something with the title "Blind Idiot God" has remained the top of a hierarchy and forever more. But of course human comprehension doesn't mean much in the Cthulhu Mythos.

Anyways, now we can actually have Oblivion vs TOAA match ups as needless as they are.

TOAA still views Oblivion as fiction (I mean everybody in the whole Marvel universe history ever!)

Marvel's cosmology is not an infinitely layered Outerversal hierarchy; it does not have an infinitely repeating pattern of characters that sees another 1-A as fiction. High 1-A is beyond all of that. So TOAA is at best 1-A.

And ain't Thanos With the Astral Regulator superior than Oblivio?

That's just one step up. Infinite-layered equals= Character 3 views character 2 as fiction, character 2 views character 1 as fiction, and this loops infinitely with characters 4- infinity.

You might also notice that DC has High 1-A's and a (possible) Tier 0 even though they don't have that kind of cosmology, but DC is the exception.

Also, if Oblivion is inferior to Above All Others, then yeah Thanos slaps.

Azathoth may or may not be getting a downgrade to "At least 1-A, likely 0" soon enough, though that's technically still Tier 0.

The Above All Others might not even be canon if we go by Tom Brevoort's words...

I'm sure if we included EU. But as far as I know in Lovecraft's original writing, while abstract, Azathoth was never confronted, overthrown, or usurped in any sense. He was pretty much a Supreme Deity since Day 1.

Although I wouldn't mind including EU Cthulhu Mythos beings considering a lot of them are very interesting and would be fun to scale on.

EU Cthulhu being one of them :D

ABoogieYesSir said:
So no more Tier 0.
But cmon, we got High 1-A.
I personally think The Writer is Tier 0 but yeah At least High 1-A isn't bad either.

Unless you were talking about something else

Isn't the Source kind of supplanting The Presense as the more powerful and dominant force/entity in DC? That's what I am noticing. I don't know if the Writer is beyond that or not.

Dreaming Serpent said:
Isn't the Source kind of supplanting The Presense as the more powerful and dominant force/entity in DC?
They are variations of the same thing.

He loses to more than the Elder Scrolls 1-A. He loses to The Presence and the Archangels, the Hadou and Gudou Gods, Hypnos, SCP-3812, etc.

LordUrien935 said:
JooCipher said:
inb4 the Creator from Umineko becomes the only tier 0
The Godhead should be a solid Tier 0 I think.
it was a joke. it stems from the fact that characters like the creator, azathoth and one more i cant remember, have the best feats or statements for the highest possible tier.

Back