• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TLOI not knowing everything

Not her to cause a agressive topic about TLOI, just trying to find out which chapter and which part does she state that there are things that even she doesnt know makong her only nigh omniscient, because im unable to find it

If anyone is able to find the citation that would also help Thanks a ton

"So what can you do?"

"I can do many things. But I may not be able to do anything."

"Which is it?"

"Who knows. Not even I know. However, I understand what you want to do, at least to a certain extent."
~ Volume 5​

"What am I supposed to do? Please tell me."

"No one knows that, but the past can teach us what our mistakes were. That is all there is to it. It is said in the world of man that with great power comes great responsibility, but the truth is that great power allows an individual to grant their desires. However, this always leads to an effect."

"You're talking about causality. Are you trying to say you alone are god?"

"No. I am the beginning of one's sense of self. I am the starting point. I have existed since the dawn of time, so I have seen many mistakes. But not even I know what is right. What is right is defined by the desires of whoever has power."
~ Volume 12​

So this is it? I think everyone is interpreting this incorrectly

I mean i guess its irrelevant now since she was put into tier 0 automatically but to be compltetely honest

In the context of "not knowing things", she is literally just dismissive of Akuto to decide his own fate. Akuto was seeking her for answers. Literally in the two instances of her being supposedly only Nigh-Omniscient, it's just dismissal or something that doesn't even disprove Omniscience honestly. I mean, it would be like calling TOAA only Nigh-Omniscient because he called human emotion one of the greatest mysteries even though he was just being dismissive and clearly leaving it up in the air for Spidey.

I dont see how that small statement removes anything

Neither is her being dismissive. (And the first is not to Akuto, but to Keena)

There is also the fact that, as far as I am aware, she was never called omniscient in the first place. So it's not like proof of her not being omniscient is even needed to justify the rating.

Its clearly dismissive, her chatting with them is clear. Shes talking to a lower world being who cant comprehend what she does, and letting him decide the fate of his own stories that he creates, the fact that these instances of her not being all knowing is because of this is silly

i agree with your second statement though, doesnt matter now anyways

Back