• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Paradox Immunity for all MCU Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's wait for the other staff members who support this first. It would be disrespectful to do otherwise.

Here to say that Sword Logic is a really bad equivalence

Sword Logic is a thing because of the influence of The Darkness, a "character" that's powerful enough to underpin all of everything. The Darkness describes itself as this overarching concept's purest form, with the Sword Logic being some offshoot of The Darkness much like the rest of the ascendant plane. It's that way by the influence of a character, and even if it wasn't the actual powers it gives people are really pronounced and notable.

The other thing is that people can take Sword Logic into spaces that it does not exist and express it, it's also got an internal component to it. The PC somehow wields Sword Logic in a Vex space which shouldn't really have such a thing that can be used against them to make all Quria's powers just not work on it and annihilate the mind. MCU and Dragon Ball dudes can't just force their TPI into existence in some other space.

The lacking of souls isn't a good comparison either. A soul's a thing tied to the individual. It is their characteristic to have or not to have. A timeline really isn't. Its a thing in which they participate, not really their characteristic so much as something that will shape their existence for them.

Also wouldn't the multiverse theories and such be covered under the whole "neutral universe" thing?

Wokistan said:
The lacking of souls isn't a good comparison either. A soul's a thing tied to the individual. It is their characteristic to have or not to have. A timeline really isn't. Its a thing in which they participate, not really their characteristic so much as something that will shape their existence for them.
Also wouldn't the multiverse theories and such be covered under the whole "neutral universe" thing?
Would it, though? They still existed in their own seperate universes prior to the fight, so whatever time fuckery happens, unless it involves the start of the fight itself, would be forced to follow the MCU character's back along its timeline into the MCUverse, no?

Time traveling by default means they leave the neutral universe. So verse-equalization is sorta irrelevant to the argument and the native universe (MCU) should take top priority. Even if it's not valid enough to add to individual character profiles, we can at least add a notation to the franchise page to clarify the issue.

No. That isn't the point of Verse Equalization. It is a "verse", not a "universe". Both characters are independant of any mechanics their verse may provide them with. It is a neutral universe where both the characters coincidentally belong to. If a time traveller uses his tech, it means he's still affecting the characters in that neutral universe itself, he isn't travelling to the opponent's verse, becuase the concept of Verse-Equalization does away with either of their verses existing, and the two opponents share the same verse that has the mechanics for the characters' powers to work.

And that's all besides the point when this is destructive towards the site regardless as it is clearly favouring a characters position in the verse rather than their actual powers, which is the entire point of the site. Do you think it's fair if every character randomly gets hax tacked onto them because of some stupid fourth wall joke? Marvel Characters will literally be unkillable

Well then how do we know which properties the neutral Verse should have, especially when their powers are inherently contradictory? If Verse A says nothing can be damaged in time stop and Verse B says everything can be damaged in time stop, would they just cancel out? Or would they just interact with objects normally or what?

And I'm pretty sure Gwenpool's powers are just straight up plot armor. It can't really be "scaled" to other characters without the input of IRL Writers.

It isn't a verse fight, it's a character fight. We are equalizing character powers here to get best results

Also, no, Gwenpool's hax will scale to literally everyone. It is canon to her, and consistent because of statements from Dreadpool, Deadpool, Howard the Duck and more. I can BS all day because of this logic fam. It doesn't work

Fair enough. Wouldn't that change the mechanics of how the said power works tho? Honest question here, I'm not being rhetorical.

Gwenpool is described as being a "real human" placed into Marvel, so that kind of makes her weird, but sure why not. I guess I get your point tho.

I guess that stand that ends up merger sponging people or whatever its called is now useless in fights? Because that is not a character mechanic that kills the opponent but a verse one that gets abused.

I don't think so...? Him merger sponging is a prerequisite for his ability, so that would be added due to verse equalization, similiar to how two characters possess force or chakras or whatever. The only problem there is in case of a contradiction to the merger sponge, a compromise will be made. I think.

.... but its not? From what I understand, he brings another version of his would be victim from another timeline and the merger sponge happens as a result of the two alternates not being supposed to interact which kills them. The merger isn't his stands ability but a verse mechanic.

What Anon is saying is true.

"Paradoxing: When Valentine brings an individual to another parallel world, if they meet their alternate self from that world, both will begin to crumble into Menger Sponges, being drawn closer and closer together until they are both completely obliterated."

The stand isn't the reason why parallel people paradox each other, that's a property of the verse. D4C's only ability is to move and move things through alternate worlds.

Ignoring the fact that we are already using verse mechanics for an ability, my original point of MCU taking priority is that the vey timeline someone tries to travel to will simply branch off by itself the moment any change is introduced to it, ie the would be paradoxer.

The neutral universe is even described as both participants appearing there with no prior knowledge. Not they appear in the Central Park of their verse where stuff is equalized but they appear in the neutral universe itself. The neutral verse and equalized mechanics have absolutely nothing to do with the home universe's mechanics.

I agree. There are no further points to be made, I reckon, and this is a far bigger thing to be addressed anyhow as well, which cannot be done in a thread like this

I will close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back