• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Paradox Immunity for all MCU Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the OP.

I think someone should message an admin, who's knowledgeable on the verse, to decide whether it's added or not.

AnonymousBlank said:
What does a neutral universe have to do with anything? The moment you try and paradox the character in their past, its not neutral ground anymore because you have to be in their universe to attempt it.
Because is a neutral setting in which either the laws of each opponent universe applies (Or none of them do).

There is reason for why the IG is assumed to work in a neutral universe outsite of his own in Vs Matches.

Yes, in that neutral setting .... which the would be paradoxer is leaving in his attempt to paradox his opponent.

IG is assumed to work outside of its home universe is because it will restrict the characters capabilities otherwise. If the characters moved to a different universe during the fight like Kaguya does, then the IG would no longer work.

Then the paradoxer would have to be assumed in the opponent's universe to actually time travel to paradox them.

Going by this, the MCU would be complety immune to paradoxes in matches because the verse doesn't follow such a rule.

Ovens is saying that the characters should get TPI, which they should not. I'm arguing that depends on setting being put in the very match.

Hence, the neutral setting I mentioned in my first comment.The powers of each fighter are assumed to work on the other, Immunities like of Ganon's and Stands are restricted/unacounted, and obviously time paradoxing is allowed

Also, from those pages, SL is something that beings can access to gain powers. It just happens that MCU goes with the idea of multiple timelines, nothing related the character's abilites.

Is like, if a character gets immunity to gravity due to his universe lacking said fundamental force, not inherent of the character.

We literally grant Funny Valentine the ability to merger sponge people even though that's a purely in-verse mechanic.

I honestly don't understand the double standard here. Many other verses have in-verse mechanics unique to those verses that get equalized in vs matches, and yet when it comes to the MCU suddenly it's not ok.

Hardcore Leveling Warrior literally has passive Law Manipulation because the game world he exists in has set rules that can't be broken by anyone weaker than the God tiers. It's not an inherent ability of his, rather a mechanic of the world he lives in.

We totally should, tbh.

Funny Valentine: Prepare to meet your end.

Cell: It seems that you don't know about it.

Valentine: Bout what?

Cell: Multiverse theory is a b1*ch.

Valentine: I... think you're referencing something that I'm not aware of.

Ovens+ I mean, Valentine perfectly fits in the neutral setting I just said earlier, lmao

I think is more of case-by-case, maybe those verses's in-universe mechanics play a major role in the franchise power level/system/hierarchy and so should be an important piece of the profiles.

Restating this for the record- I see nothing wrong with this.

@New

Thing is, I'd be ok with not adding it if it wasn't blatant and proven true by Nebula killing her past self and perpetuating her existence.

While yes, this is an alternate timeline Nebula, it is the Nebula of the past, the one that would eventually turn into the present Nebula, had the events of Endgame not happened. Thus, in a similar time travel scenario in a vs match, the same would happen.

The thing is, unlike JoJo or Bleach, this isn't an immunity. This is just a verse mechanic. There's a very real difference between "Only Stand users can beat other Stand users" and a fundemental rule that has been shown and proven within canon.

Agreed with OP. Time traveling by default means they leave the neutral universe. So verse-equalization is irrelevant to the argument & the native universe (MCU) should take priority.

Yes, but that's where verse equalization comes into play. To deny this, would be to deny that having two people from different universes touch in JoJo would cause a merger sponge.

I agree with this, too. Completely makes sense to me, both for Dragon Ball and the MCU.

Regardless of the setting of a vs battle, for a time travelling character to be able to go back along, say, Iron Man's time stream and kill him at a certain point earlier on in his career (before the Iron Man suit was invented, let's say), he'd have to enter the overarching timestream of the MCU, which by its very nature is immune to TPI, and thus the time traveller could make the kill, return to his own time, only to find Tony Stark still standing there with a repulsor primed to fire into his face.

I think it's fair to say it's got enough backing, unless there's any objections?

Yeah, we should be done here. If someone wants to make a thread giving DB characters TPI, you're free to do so. I'll try to edit the movie profiles, but I'll need the locked profiles to be unlocked.

List the characters that need unlock, I or another one able to can unlock them

You need to list the exact page titles though, or my automated script won't be able to unlock the pages.

Matt's commented on the DB version of this thread that neither verses should have the Acausality Type 1 applied to them. Medeus agreed.

I am also inclined to agree with Zark2099 regarding that it seems inappropriate to scale them from the structure of the verse itself, rather than from their own abilities.

So I think I understand the reason for why that this isn't being accepted.

So the Avengers time travel back in time to do their stuff right? Well the timeline that they travel too isn't their own timeline, rather one similar to it.

So when Nebula kills the other version of herself, it's one from a separate universe effectively. This matches with what they say Back to Future being bs, because that version of time travel has you being erased.

Not sure if that's the case but I agree with what's being said in the other thread.

Not to mention a change like this would basically be resturcturing the entirity of the wiki if passed, as it would directly imply the rules of a character's respective verse would have to be tacked onto the profile.

This is especially in the case of metaverses having destructive results, again stating the Gwenpool and Howard the Duck examples, in which it is directly stated that basically every Marvel character has Immortality Type 4 and 1 and Plot Manipulation repeatedly, and has been shown to be true. This is due to how the verse works, not how the characters are written.

Same arguments can be made for verses like Undertale and Doki Doki Literature Club, where Monika, Sayori, Flowey and Chara purposely manipulate save data, proving they're 10-C due to being Data Entities, even though that is completely erasing the context of their feats in regards to other characters.

Even verses where, say, it's stated and shown Hell and Heaven doesn't exist, like Death Note, so does that mean characters like Ghost Rider and Spaw are powerless?

Basically, remember that one infamous thread where the OP was arguing that TOAA is 10-B due to him not being in the Marvel-verse when fighting Goku, thus removing the context of the character itself, and only talking about the relation of the character with the verse? This is the same logic, but used for wanking instead.

I am inclined to agree with Zark2099. This seems like a very bad idea. My apologies.

It's probably a good idea to close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back