• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I'm back (I apologise if i spam the thread)

First up so the Doctor seems to be Resistant to Extrasensory Perception/Psychometry since even people who can see this kind of thing can't actually learn his name or a good deal of his past.

LILITH: The power of a name works only once. Observe. I gaze upon this bag of bones and now I name thee Martha Jones.
(Martha falls backwards into the Doctor's arms.)
DOCTOR: What have you done?
LILITH: Only sleeping, alas. It's curious. The name has less impact. She's somehow out of her time. And as for you, Sir Doctor. Fascinating. There is no name. Why would a man hide his title in such despair? Oh, but look. There's still one word with the power that aches.
DOCTOR: The naming won't work on me.

The Doc should also have Vehicular Mastery as well (He could fly a god damn plane and is a master driver and can pilot his TARDIS fairly well)

He also has slight Telekinesis "

The Doctor thumped the lock on the gate, making the old iron bars boom and rattle.

He took a step back from the gate holding his chin in his hand while he stared hard at the lock.He poked the lock with the tip of his finger. It split open and clattered on to the concrete.

"She saw the Doctor push two fingers hard into the chest of one of his opponents. The man toppled backward, as though stunned"

"He reached into his coat pocket and took out a bottle of beer. The glass was still damp. He set it on the grass and rummaged in the pocket for a bottle opener.

He couldn't find one. Should have picked one up in the liquor store. The Doctor sighed, concentrated just a little energy in the tips of his fingers, and flicked the lid off with a bright metallic sound."

That is pretty consistent, after all, a psychic in The Fires of Pompeii was also unable to tell his name. Although another one was able to do so by apparently seeing his name on the Medusa Cascade or something. He also kept his name hidden from a truth field, despite not being used to it and blurting out information, although he could not lie about his name if he did say it.

IIRC other Time Lords have telekinetic powers, and The Fourth Doctor once moved a spanner with Telekinesis in The Pirate Planet.

Iirc the psychic didn't know his name per se.

"His name burns in the fires of the Medusa Cascade itself" Is the quote I think.

If you think about it, The Great Intelligence doesn't even know his name, as he needed it to open the TARDIS in The Name of the Doctor.

There's a few lines that show some Causality/Probability Hax

"Miss Pryce tells me that you're Time Sensitive. That causality lenses around you."

We also have this quote which seems to address the Doc's plot armor (that kinda backs up the prior one)

"You survive alien mind probes that would boil the average brain in it's skull. You are dug unharmed from beneath fallen rubble. No one ever shoots you in the head. Deadly drugs turn out not to affect you. Villains tie you up too loosely, and hide-bound tyrants convictions falter at your rhetoric. In short," Sabbath finished smoothly, "in your presence, the odds collapse."

"Disaster flies at you," said Sabbath, "and then, suddenly, it swerves aside. As if it encountered a force field."

He also said he can see all of Time and Space in The Parting of The Ways and can see fixed or malleable points in time in The Fires of Pompeii. With it also being mentioned a few times in the episodes after The Impossible Astronaut. So this is extremely consistent in show.

Not sure about plot armor though.

We also have this page pointing out the many times the Fourth Wall gets absolutely smashed by the Doctor and co (Some of which are less usable then others but still)

He also has some nice resistance to Mind Hax and Biological Manipulation

(The Doctor confronts the Cyberplanner in cyberspace.)
DOCTOR: Stop rummaging in my mind.
C-DOCTOR: Just you try and stop me. Ooo, who's Clara. Why are you thinking about her so much?
DOCTOR: Enough.
C-DOCTOR: Fascinating. A complete mental block. Highly effective.)

"The Eyelesss raised its right hand, held it straight out, pointing at the Doctor, palm flat. There was a gold disc embedded there. It flashed with the light of the sun. The Doctor shrugged when nothing happened. He tapped his lip with the sonic screwdriver, which he'd just taken from his coat pocket. 'A weapon which literally burns out the neurons. Smoke pours out of the nose and mouth. Doesn't work on me just like your telepathy doesn't work on me. Now...you killed Jall and I made a promise about Jall, and I will honour it."

He also sees things out of synch with traditional time, gains mastery of soccer after only one game (accelerated development foo) and shatters glass with a scream (Sound manip)

Stealth Master

"A thick wood bordered the Gathering to the west. Longbody led the Doctor
into it, keeping up a brisk pace. To her surprise, he didn't have any trouble
following her through the undergrowth. Even more surprising, he didn't crash
and bang around the way the humans did, but moved with quiet and ease.
Perhaps there was some truth in what he had said about not being one of
them."

ByAsura said:
Not sure about plot armor though.
See all 50+ years of the show and EU.

There's a whole section devoted to plot shields found here.

I just found something.

There's this thing called a Magnetic Bubble, it draws a ship into it and can shut them down entirely. The TARDIS has something called "Shield oscillators" which make them immune to this. However, when he uses basic mode they are vulnerable and shut off.

I'm updating this a little as the episode goes on.

The TARDIS has something called a "Conceptual geometer". It obviously is meant to track, but it would still give evidence for concept manip.

Edit: I looked at that RT, and I was right.

The TARDIS has a room of living metal that can make any machine. So technopathic abilities for the TARDIS.

It can also "reconstruct" particles, so matter manip.

And Creation could be added to the TARDIS for being able to create any item desired by the user (I can't see why the Doctor and Master never used that honestly)

Seems like it. I always saw them as not using their full capabilities because it kind of takes the fun out, with the obvious exception of when they can't and that episode where he stomped the family.

Adding to creation, the TARDIS can also make echoes of its console room.

I think the TARDIS should have BRF and Time Stop, as Doctors 1 - 13 were able to use the technology of a stasis cube in their TARDISes and BFR a time-frozen Gallifrey into a pocket universe. It might not have been stasis cube tech, but they describe it as similar.

The Doctor can also go to other universes, albeit with immense difficulty, as seen in The Doctor's wife. So I think he should have dimensional travel.

I remember a giant feat from the Time Lords. The Doctor said that the barriers between parallel universes closed upon the death of the time lords.

Also If memory serves the Time Lords have a device that can extract people from Space Time (BFR?) and The Guardians have a bunch of other abilities.

I think extracting from space-time would count as BFR.

The specific methods of BFR may vary, and they may be as simple as teleporting an opponent somewhere far far away to abandoning them in another time, sending them to a parallel universe, or knocking them into space.

Also while I'm here the Time Lords should have Sealing (They can seal away whole timelines in the Axis) as well as Precognition (they predicted the Daleks would become a massive threat to the Universe and Gallifrey itself)

Omega also seems to bestow Reality Warping and BFR onto his creatures (Something he should have), he also drains the Time Lords of their powers and could even cause Time and Space itself to break down (Space Time hax for Omega or more of it at least), making Omega stronger (Stat Amps?)

I'll come back with quotes later.

Makes sense. Was that in Genesis of The Daleks? I think Rassilon also shows this a ton in The End of Time.

I'll also see about some other stuff with Omega and Rassilon. I was planning to add a little more for them, because the latter's profile is a little bare bones.

Rassilon should have petrification and sealing with his ring.

In his profile it's stated he erased a black hole, however, he didn't. Rassilon actually stopped the force of the black hole, and later held it captive to turn into the Eye of Harmony. His various items can also manipulate or somewhat control the Eye of Harmony, so maybe Black Hole Manipulation?

Rassilon should also have technological manipulation since he reactivated the haloes without interacting physically with them.

Given the above scans, he also has electricity manipulation or energy projection with electro-direction.

Note that the above is without his gauntlet.

I forgot something else. They should have biological manipulation. A couple Time Lord Council members forced a Regenerationn on The Doctor (2nd to 3rd) without having to kill/fatally injure him, and even stated they could control its appearance.

Indeed (Though i forgot about the End of Time thing)

Also while I'm here the Master should have Time Stop for freezing planes in Time, Resistence to Perception Manipulation (Sees past the Doc's Perception filter) and Illusion Manipulation via certain tech. Also they get Power Nullification with his Screwdriver and Staser (Bypasses Time Lord Regen) with Status Effect Inducement with their Umbrella (Can freeze people in place if they pick it up) and Pain Manipulation due to Telepathic powers and such and Durability Negation via the TCE (Crushes internal organs)

Agreed, also The Master stopped all planes in the world in time (The Witch's Familiar) to add to the time stop point. Also, the LS suspended The Doctor's capacity to regenerate in The Last of The Time Lords.

Speaking of this, Age Manipulation seems to be one with condensed Lazarus tech in his screwdriver.

The Screwdriver is DNA locked. Not sure what power, but seems like a possible mention.

So what are the summarised conclusions here?

True (though I feel the staser could count)

Also the Master resisted a Time Lord weapon that attacks the Mind (Resistance to Mind Hax scales to a few it seems)

I edited the comment. Turns out it also has the ability to suspend regen, albiet with another function and not the laser one.

Ok.

@Ant Doctor: Resistant to Extrasensory Perception/Psychometry and Telepathy, Vehicular Mastery, Telekinesis, Causality/Probability Hax, and Limited Precognition. He might have the ability to track concepts, but I'm not sure.

Time Lords: Biological Manipulation and Precognition, or at least limited precog.

TARDIS: technopathic abilities, creation, resistance to Magnetism Manipulation, BRF and Time Stop, and can also go to other universes.

To quote Hellbeast for the master:

Also while I'm here the Master should have Time Stop for freezing planes in Time, Resistence to Perception Manipulation (Sees past the Doc's Perception filter) and Illusion Manipulation via certain tech. Also they get Power Nullification with his Screwdriver and Staser (Bypasses Time Lord Regen) with Status Effect Inducement with their Umbrella (Can freeze people in place if they pick it up) and Pain Manipulation due to Telepathic powers and such and Durability Negation via the TCE (Crushes internal organs).

Also age manipulation for the master.

@Anyone here feel free to tell me if there's more, I probably didn't find it all.

I suppose that should probably be fine, but it would be best if Azathoth helps out as well.

I think a prep time could be added to The Master.

Quotes

The Master: "Tomorrow they launch (missiles). We're opening a rift in the Braccatolian Space. (They) Won't see us coming."

The Master: "Down below, the fleet is ready to launch — 200,000 ships, set to burn across The Universe."

The Master: "Three minutes to align the black hole converters."

The Master: "Black hole converter inside every ship. If I can't have this world, Doctor, then neither can you. We shall stand upon this Earth together as it burns."

The last quote might be good enough to add to his page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back