• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Baby major downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to point out that the diaper can control the rotation, not the baby itself

Also, being able to influence the Earth's rotation has been rated as low as High 6-A before. It could theoretically be lower but this is considered the lowest rating at which fiction would bother mentioning that a character can influence rotation.

Considering they made a point to mention the fact that the diaper can control the rotation I lean more towards that being a capability of the vehicle than the baby

Conquering the Earth might've have been a much longer process, and the Future might've surrendered to him to avoid more damage. Hmm...

Can somebody summarise the conclusions here please?

Sure but Paul Frank brought up a good point that it seems to be the diaper that allows Time Baby to control the Earth's rotation rather than an innate ability of the baby himself.

Okay. I suppose that is probably fine then.

But this hasn't been addressed.

Agnaa said:
Also, being able to influence the Earth's rotation has been rated as low as High 6-A before. It could theoretically be lower but this is considered the lowest rating at which fiction would bother mentioning that a character can influence rotation.
We don't know exactly what "controlling the earth's rotation" means as a feat in this context, it seems weird to give it 5-C here when other characters with identical statements have only gotten High 6-A.

Richter scale earthquakes from burping might also be a useful feat for giving a tear without diaper.

If it's High 6-A or 5-C I'm fine with either.

Richter scale earthquakes could be a feat but when the magnitude isn't stated it's hard to quantify.

Is there a calculation for controlling the Earth's rotation?

The problem with that is there can't be a calculation unless we know the extent of controlling the Earth's rotation. You could technically control the Earth's rotation with 10-B levels of energy, although it would be imperceptible. You could also control the Earth's rotation with 3-A levels of energy, although that would require making it spin unimaginably quickly.

High 6-A comes from Accelerator slowing down the length of a day on Earth by 5 minutes, this is used with Medaka Box from the idea that it's the lowest meaningful effect on the Earth's rotation (which I disagree with). 5-C comes from being able to stop the Earth's rotation entirely, which doesn't account for the possibility that controlling rotation could also have you make the Earth spin unimaginably quickly.

Okay, so would "At least High 6-A, likely higher" be appropriate?

I'm not sure, I'm going to ask some calc group members for their opinion.

A statement as vague as, "Controls the rotation of the Earth", doesn't work. It'd be extremely arbitrary to liken that exactly to Accelerator's feat, so just don't. If it comes down to it, leave the character as Unknown.

Welp, given what Bambu's said and the fact that richter scale earthquakes can vary from 9-B to 6-A, I think Time Baby should just be put at Unknown.

This man's about to get downgraded from High 3-A to Unknown, talk about a fall from grace.

I agree with Unknown since it's not quantifiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back