• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiering System Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
Just do this:

Low 1-A - Baseline Outerversal to infinite levels above.

Examples: Most currently 1-A characters

1-A - Characters above Outerversal hierarchies

Examples: High End 1-As and some of the "weaker" current Tier 0s

Tier 0 - Above 1-A to the same extent that 1-A is above LOW 1-A

Examples: big Bois like Azathoty, Amaranth, The Creator and The Writer

Alternatively if you want to name it just 1-A, High 1-A and 0. That's fine.

High 1-B and below like in Aeyu's list.
I'd say make Low 1-A = 1-A and 1-A = High 1-A and then it's fine (aka there will be no Low 1-A in this ver.) It's nonsensical to have baseline outerversal be Low 1-A. It does not seem to be based in reason, but rather a mere dislike of High 1-A regardless of its defintion. I also find it strange that people didn't want Low 3-A to be baseline Universe level (observable universe) yet want Low 1-A to be baseline Outerverse level (low outerverse).

"Low" tiers are never the baseline for what those tiers actually are. Low 5-B is not baseline Planet level, it's Small Planet level. The lowest value for planet level (Earth) starts with 5-B. Guys like Mercurius aren't weak outerversals, so why would they be put in Low 1-A followed by an infinite hierarchy? Meanwhile, normal 1-A would be for the Overmonitor and beings on that scale. Makes no sense.

P.S: This isn't a response to Matt, I'm just using his reply as a reference so people know what I'm talking about.

Nepuko said:
@Dvorak you're basically suggesting the equivalent of fusing current 1-B with current 1-A.
Yeah, because fusing 15000 characters between 10-C and 1-A is the same as fusing 3 characters between High 1-A and 0.

I wasn't "suggesting" it. I only said that fusing them wouldn't be a logistical problem if we **** up, and therefore shouldn't really matter for this discussion.

Dvorak1902 said:
Nepuko said:
@Dvorak you're basically suggesting the equivalent of fusing current 1-B with current 1-A.
Yeah, because fusing 15000 characters between 10-C and 1-A is the same as fusing 3 characters between High 1-A and 0.
I was very clearly talking about the logic itself behind it, the number of characters is irrelevant. Plus, i said 1-B and 1-A but you mentioned 10-C and 1-A....?

@Sera

What about this adjustment to Matthew's suggestion?

Nepuko said:
Transcending Infinitely-layered Outerversal Hierarchy (or Infinite trascendences above baseline) makes you "Beyond the Outerversal Hierarchy".

I hope it's clear....
The only thing that misunderstood is being "beyond" infinite outerversal hierarchy is still not enough to be to be suppsoed high 1-A, as for example akuto's story can be seen as 1-A due to its infinite hierarchies that makes him 1-A. however akuto transcends the story he created, which means merely transcending the said infinite outerversal hierarchy is not enough as u need to be beyond scale of the hierarchy itself.

I'm not sure what's the deal about Akuto, but yes this is why I was talking "roughly". Maybe I should have been more precise, sorry for that.

its an example made bcuz akuto himself transcends the infinite hierarchy that he has which still puts him at 1-A, however void body is a different story due to reasoning.

We only have 51 replies left, so we need a new discussion thread as soon as possible. Perhaps this one should be in the staff forum?

Nepuko said:
Transcending Infinitely-layered Outerversal Hierarchy (or Infinite trascendences above baseline) makes you "Beyond the Outerversal Hierarchy".

I hope it's clear....
If this is the definition of 1-A, any soul within akuto's story goes completely beyond what you say. I agree with Matthew, what we need to change is the definition for tier 1-A.

Nepuko said:
I was very clearly talking about the logic itself behind it, the number of characters is irrelevant. Plus, i said 1-B and 1-A but you mentioned 10-C and 1-A....?
I said 10-C because if the logic is fusing two hierarchies with a qualitative difference, it would be more of a comparison between 10-C to High 1-B with 1-A and High 1-A with 0, than between 1-B with 1-A and High 1-A with 0.

And my point is that even if said comparison is correct in principle, saying that it is correct in practice is an exaggeration. Because the first is a matter of thousands of profiles, while the second concerns around five characters at most.

@Siperri as I said two times already by now, I was talking roughly. If you want to see the definition, go look up the OP.

We need to leave outerversal alone. All we need to do is apply the new metric. It doesn't even require screwing with the tiers too much. This is why Option 1 is such a bad idea and I don't even know what Option 4 is. Option 3 is now bad because it isn't even the original option 3 since it's been significantly misrepresented as the discussion went on thanks to fear-mongering over High 1-A and miscommunication.

Mostly everyone agrees with the metric itself and the higher-dimensional stuff. It's the dumb outerversal crap we've repeatedly argued over. To differentiate characters like Featherine from the Chousin, simply re-add High 1-A. It's new definition being "transcends outerversal hierarchies". It's so simple. Basically, just go with Option 2. If we really need a tier for uncountable infinite dimensions, we can make that High 1-B, make infinite dimensions 1-B, and make 12D onwards Low 1-B.

@Dvorak I don't think it'll be a good idea. You're basically saying that if High 1-B and 1-A, 2 different hierachies, had only a few characters you'll gladly fuse them? I think this is wrong, as the goal of the wiki is still to aptly tier characters. Also, the difference between 1-A and High 1-A here is rather the equivalent of current High 1-B and current 1-A. Putting current 1-A characters into current High 1-B seems kinda....weird, imo. Which is why I don't think we should do that to 1-A and High 1-A.

@Sera Just wanted to say that the Option 3 in the OP is the exact same to the one I was talking about in the previous thread tho.

It's still being misrepresented due to miscommunication. High 1-A in Option 3 is supposed to be 1-A from Option 1, that's the entire reason Option 3 even exists. However, Matt is convinced for some reason that it isn't, most likely due to the wrong terminology being used to describe it.

@Sera Ex I believe since he didn't reply to my answer, that my reply got through.

Seriously tho Sewa, honestly speaking, look at these copy-paste (I didn't change or modify a single word) from the OP between Option 1's 1-A, and Option 3's High 1-A and tell me how can miscommunication happen :

Option 1 : 1-A is made into a tier of its own, denoting characters who exist above Outerversal hierarchies altogether, and lie beyond any scale.

Option 2 : 1-A and 0 are basically the same as Option 1

Option 3 : High 1-A: Denoting characters who exist above Outerversal hierarchies altogether, and lie beyond any scale.

Word for word Ctrl+V. You can check the OP, and you'll see they're the exact same there as well.....t-this is beyond me really.

Unless Option 1 itself is misworded, in which case it is another can of worms.... Anyway, I'll refrain from commenting unless a bit necessary since we're approaching the limit.

Yes. Is Ultima willing to restart this as a staff only thread, with options 2 and 3 to choose from? Or is it fine if Sera or Nepuko handle it as well?

If the new thread is going to be Staff Only, I probably would sadly be unable to comment there. So while honestly at this point whether it's 2 or 3 I don't care about that as much as before (I'd just like this to advance to the next stage), I still prefer 3, so I'd just like to say in advance : I hope the.....Democratic Voting results won't suddenly be ignored... ;-;

If possible tho, I think we should preferably resolve the option choice here. I don't think another thread is needed for that. If the two sides are still arguing, just look at the votes and decide the winner, I say.. But whatever is best, I suppose....T_T

I will make one last post here:

Even though I voted for option 4, option 2 is basically just as good IMO. I only voted for option 4 because it would be the least work-intensive out of the options (though it looks like most people don't really care about the workload, so this is kind of a moot point), and also because I find its overall 1-A category to be better.

I mean, an uncountably infinite number of dimensions is already weakly inaccessible to a countably infinite number of dimensions, so it being Low 1-A is acceptable. I get that it's not fundamentally beyond the Hausdorff measure and spatio-temporal dimensionality, but as pointed out earlier, you can be aspatial + atemporal without being 1-A.

I support options 2 and 4 more-or-less equally, but for option 2, I think that moving Low 1-A to 1-A and 1-A to High 1-A would be preferable. Frankly, I don't understand why having a tier labeled "High 1-A" would be so bad. It feels like people are opposed to it based purely on personal/semantic reasons.

Lastly, I've said multiple times before that I do not like option 3. As of this post, I would like to announce that I am no longer so opposed to it. As it turns out, there are potentially six verses with infinitely outerversal characters:

• Cthulhu Mythos (Hypnos qualifies)
  • Manifold trilogy (the Goddess of the Manifold qualifies)
  • Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (Akuto Sai qualifies)
  • 07th Expansion (I'm told that some characters from here qualify, but I'm not sure who)
  • Discworld (Azrael potentially qualifies)
  • Dies Irae (the Gods are this high at the low end)
So, I can now see the point in having an independent tier for "infinite outerversal". But I will need some time to consider if I am going to change my vote.

Now that I have gotten all of this off of my chest, I will take my leave. I hope this thread does not devolve into further chaos.

@Nepuko

Given how much help that you have been, I think that you can be allowed to comment there.

@ Antvasima Oh? Thanks! I'm honoured, glad I was of help :).

@KingPin Thanks for your input. I'm relatively new so I wasn't sure of this before, but if that number is enough for a tier then I'm 100% Option 3 now. I wanna hit myself so bad now......>_<

Also, as you KingPin told me in discord, Infinite Outerversal being the core of 1-A fits with Option 3's 1-B. Option 3 has infinite dimensions as normal 1-B (as do 2 as well), so infinite outerversal being normal 1-A would fit with that.

With this, the last few small "issues" I had with Option 3 are fully gone. I also think the problem Andy was mentioning about Infinite-Outerversal being the core of 1-A is kinda resolved as well. After all it mirrors the Hyperversal part :).

Thank you for your help, KingPin. Your comment was very helpful, at least to me.

I agree with Nepuko. Let's stop commenting any more here, and let Ultima or Sera start a new thread instead, after which they should link to it here.

Nepuko said:
@Jockey "Transcending" Infinitely-layered dimensions (High 1-B) makes you current 1-A. Roughly, you basically transcend the "Dimensional Hierarchy". So, in very rough terms, you're "beyond the Dimensional Hierarchy".

I hope it's clear....
Dimensional and outerversal stuff are different things. We talk about outerversal stuff where every next level may transcend every previous one.

Not yet.

We are waiting for a thread restart. No talking here until then please, as we are almost out of available posts.

Thank you for the help. I will close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back