• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Nijun vs Leorio

Quarter Final 3:

Rules
:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 6 meters.
Results:
Nijun: 6 (Demonic, DT, Noneless21, Pika, Random, Nijun)
Leorio:
Inconclusive:

YmTheSuper vs DonTalkDT

IqlI3Zy.png

Last edited:
so uh, from the glympse about Nijun at another match, it seems that Nijun get the upper edge in skill? if it is then i think Leorio gonna be in a disadvantage but imma wait for his supporters

Nijun has skill and speed advantage IMO.
His concept technique should disarm the social influencing.
So I think Nijun probably wins.

Apparently Nijun scale to 98 kilojoules so Leorio holds the ap advantage
Should be said that Nijun has strength amps that somewhat even the playing field on that.

Uh, hold on? Geez

Well, in terms of Skill, no doubt Nijun wins without any major difficulties, Leorio lacks the experience, and is barely more skilled than an old martial artist master, which doesn't mean much.

I'd like to know how much his speed boosts amp him, this is very major. Also elaboration on Nijun's AP amps.

Why I say that? Because it's not just a 174 Kt > 98 Kt advantage, Leorio has a slight chain on the value

Post-Gate HE Leorio >>> Pre-Gate HE Leorio => Old Martial Artist Master at the finals >> Very Casual Random Hunter Exam Contestant = 174 Kilotons.

I doubt the amps will get him anywhere close to even this out, I'd say the advantage is definitely on Leorio when it comes to AP. I also love how y'all forget Lifting Strength is a thing too. Leorio seems to outdo Nijun is LS by a significant margin (Superhuman vs Class 5).

Physically, Leorio is stronger than Gon and Kurapika. Pre-Nen HA Gon can push fat people dozens of meters away with a casual movement, and Leorio's LS should be enough to restrain his opponent.

Nijun is more skilled, but is the gap so large that Leorio is unable to even touch the dude? Not even a push while Leorio is pressuring hand to hand? I doubt it.

Leorio's Wincon would be superior LS (Potentially throwing them out of the gate somehow, or restraining and beating the shit out of him), and superior AP.

Problem is that it is speed and skill combined. That's what makes it hard for him to land significant hits.
That's also why you can forget about throwing Nijun out, because he is more skilled and faster. Leorio would neither be able to grab him nor would he likely be able to prevent Nijun from freeing himself before getting thrown out. (via counter attacks and stuff)
Basically, the action economy is stacked against Leorio. He has stat advantageus but due to skill+speed he gets much less effective hits than Nijun does, which ultimately defeats him.

As for how high the boost is... well, I don't have a precise multiplier. It is significant, though. In-universe it's portrayed as making people go from human to superhuman, basically.

Problem is that it is speed and skill combined. That's what makes it hard for him to land significant hits.
That's also why you can forget about throwing Nijun out, because he is more skilled and faster. Leorio would neither be able to grab him nor would he likely be able to prevent Nijun from freeing himself before getting thrown out. (via counter attacks and stuff)
Basically, the action economy is stacked against Leorio. He has stat advantageus but due to skill+speed he gets much less effective hits than Nijun does, which ultimately defeats him.

As for how high the boost is... well, I don't have a precise multiplier. It is significant, though. In-universe it's portrayed as making people go from human to superhuman, basically.
I just stated wincons for Leorio so the brackets wouldn't be changed.

Back