• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Finn Balor vs Nijun

Round 1 Match 6:

Rules
:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 6 meters.
Results:
Finn Balor (base):
Nijun:
Inconclusive:

DonTalkDT vs Pikaman

j0Fuf9m.png

This is definitely a close matchup, and Nijun holds plenty of advantages, but I believe Bálor has what he needs to just about snatch a win here.

So Bálor initially begins with the AP advantage, it’s not huge, but it’s not completely inconsequential, and will be a factor here. Skill goes to Nijun, assuming there’s not NLF to his Martial Arts surpassing Human Martial Arts, he will hold the skill advantage over Bálor, but Bálor’s made a name for himself beating opponents with wealths of knowledge, experience and skill over him, so it’s not as if this is a hill he doesn’t know how to climb. Bálor also holds an advantage here that I don’t think gets considered enough, Mobility. Bálor is an acrobatic high flying opponent and he’ll be more than comfortable in a UFC arena, he’ll also likely be able to weaponise it. He’ll be running rings around Nijun, who is an adept martial artist, but also, y’know, in his seventies. Nijun can amp himself, but he’d be doing it at the price of damage to himself, and with the aforementioned disadvantages he holds, he can’t afford to handicap himself much, even if it puts him on a level playing field to Bálor stats wise, he’ll already be heavily damaged between Bálor generally beating him pre-amp and through overtaxing himself through amps. In terms of hax, I think Conceptual Manip is non combat applicable (and if it isn’t I will shamelessly argue for DQ) and as for paralysis inducement, Bálor isn’t normally a backhanded or sly fighter, he fights fair and honest and would not be paralysed by Nijun. So overall, Nijun has skill and amps (at a cost) but Bálor has the AP, Arena Control, Mobility, Experience fighting against opponents that surpass him in skill, and Fighting Style to get the job done. Barely.

Let me first correct a few things.
First, the entire Nijun is in his seventies things... Nijun ain't a regular human, that age means nothing to him. In fact, you might say Nijun has the experience advantage (especially considering he fought through a multiversal war).
And what running circles is concerned.... brah, with his boosts Nijun has the speed advantage.

Next, the damaging thing. His power boosts do not damage him. They put a strain on his body, that's a difference. Using them for a long time would certainly be bad, but he can use them for a (relatively) short time without experiencing any problems. Sayama, who is of lesser physical toughness than Nijun, once ran 50km with those things active and could still fight just fine afterwards.

What acrobatics is concerned I wouldn't underestimate Nijun's agility. His fight against Sayama was one down a steep mountain slope, jumping between trees and cliffs and stuff. Half in freefall practically the entire time. He will have no problems pursuing Finn in this relatively simple cage.

What Nijun's skill is concerned... what if I said you are still underestimating him? With skill beyond human martial arts he really should already be beyond what Finn has ever faced. However, humanity in OnC actually has some superhuman martial arts like the Hiba-style, which Nijun would be superior to.
Let me show you one skill feat of a mid-level practitioner of the Hiba-style against stat-wise (at least slightly) superior opponents.
As he heard the god of war falling over, Sayama heard #8 shout.

“Defend!”

She did not say what to defend.

But in response to her shout, four automatons leaped forward to his left and four did the same to his right.

Their maid uniforms flipped up and they formed a half-circle around him with weapons in both hands.

But he had already started to move.

He moved forward.

As he saw them position themselves in an arc, he had a single thought.

They have opened up gaps to avoid friendly fire.

His opponents were armed with firearms just like him.

In that case, a factor other than firepower would determine the winner.

There were three such factors.

First, there was speed.

Second, there was position.

Third, there was mentality.

Those factors could be affected by tactics.

And Sayama had lived with the Tamiya family until two years ago. They had originally been a yakuza family and they had weapons.

And I have my grandfather’s training!

And so he did not hesitate to move forward. A skilled group and a firefight lay at close range. Distance was almost meaningless here and something else mattered more.

Position!

What position would aid him and put his opponents at a disadvantage?

That would be right in front of an enemy. The other enemies would be unable to fire for fear of friendly fire.

The third maid from the right had black hair and she raised a handgun in her left hand.

She seemed to be the only one with a handgun.

And the short weapon could reach firing position fastest.

That was why he prioritized her and charged in toward her.

From there, his speed said everything.

Without killing the momentum of his charge, he used the shotgun in his left hand to sweep away the arm holding her gun.

“!?”

With a light impact, her arm moved to the left.

That arm obstructed the path of the fourth maid from the right, slowing her movements.

Sayama then jumped to the left and charged toward the side of the fourth maid from the right who had stumbled a bit.

While sweeping the third maid’s arm upwards, he jabbed his left elbow into the now-unguarded side of the fourth one.

“!”

The fourth maid doubled over and collapsed.

One down.

In response, the second maid from the right and the fifth maid from the right raised submachine guns.

They moved to trap him where he was in front of the third maid and the collapsed fourth maid.

But they were too slow. His left arm remained bent from the previous elbow jab, so the shotgun barrel was pointed to the right. He also passed the submachine gun under his left arm to aim it to the left.

With his arms crossed as if in an embrace, he fired both guns.

He hit twice.

The second and fifth maids were blasted in either direction. Counting the fourth maid in front of him, that was three down.

But the first maid from the right and the sixth, seventh, and eight maids on the right had taken action.

The one on the right and three on the left had already raised their guns.

“Nn!”

With that voice, four gunshots rang out. As expected, there was one from the right and three from the left.

The bullets arrived. Also, the third maid in front of him had brought back her arm.

Sayama hurried forward while uncrossing his arms.

He jumped up. As his arms met in the middle in the process of uncrossing them, they deflected the third maid’s arm upwards once more.

“…”

He heard a metallic noise and her handgun flew into the air.

She was now wide open.

He spread his arms and moved forward while listening to the four bullets passing by behind him.

As he stepped forward, he raised his right leg and jabbed his knee into the third maid’s right side.

The strike knocked the third maid away, making four down.

He used the impact of the knee jab to rotate backwards to the right.

As he did, he saw #8 standing beyond the others.

“Wait there!”

He would make sure to take her on.

He felt faint irritation as he wondered why the representative of the Leviathan Road had to fight automatons who were not the representatives of 3rd-Gear.

Even so, he was aware that he had partially wanted this.

Are they desperate as well?

He wanted to know why. He felt he needed to know. He mentally nodded twice, ended his spin to the right, and leaped toward her. He quickly ran to the right.

The only maid remaining to the right was the one originally first from the right.

She had brown hair and she raised a rifle in her left hand.

In the instant she took aim, Sayama swung his submachine gun to the right.

An instant later, she pulled the trigger.

The rifle fired at the same moment that his weapon struck her arm and knocked it to the right.

The gunshot passed by the right side of his face and the bullet grazed his hair, but it did not hit him.

He stepped forward and raised the shotgun in his left hand while holding her rifle away with the submachine gun in his right hand.

But this time, she defended.

She stepped back and swept his shotgun upwards with her empty hand.

And she did not stop there.

After sweeping the shotgun upwards, she grabbed the barrel.

Sayama pulled back the weapon so she could not swipe it.

But then he felt pain. It was the phantom pain from his left fist. That pain from the past made him grimace.

“…!”

The shotgun was forcefully pulled from his grasp.

The maid in front of his eyes smiled as she held his shotgun.

She tossed it behind her and then looked behind him.

“Fire!”

Sayama did not look behind him.

He understood what the maid before him wanted. She would stop him and let herself be shot by the three behind him.

A ridiculous decision!

“So you dolls have decided to sacrifice yourselves!?”

And so he moved. He would not let this doll be shot by her allies. They were attempting to produce something from a death.

No matter what, I cannot let them accomplish that idea!

His only weapon was the submachine gun in his right hand. He was using it to hold her rifle away.

But he let go of the submachine gun.

He lost his weapon.

However…

“I have more than just guns.”

As the maid’s eyes widened in surprise, he charged toward her and jabbed his elbow into her gut.

With a sound of impact, she was knocked away.

He turned around while watching her rifle and his submachine gun fall to the ground.

Behind him, he saw the remaining three aiming rifles at him.

They were aiming and preparing to pull the trigger.

In that instant, he held his left hand out in front of him.

That hand was empty, but something fell into it.

It was a handgun.

This was the handgun he had used his crossed arms to knock from the hand of the third maid from the right earlier.

As soon as he had it in his grasp, he fired.

A great sound filled the area.

Of the three maids, the middle one was blown away. The remaining two fired, but their bullets passed by either side of him.

At the same time, he heard a metallic noise on the ground behind him.

The submachine gun he had let go of and the rifle of the maid he had elbowed had struck the ground.

With a snap of his wrist, he tossed the handgun overhead.

He crouched down, swung both hands backwards, and grabbed the submachine gun and rifle as they bounced off the ground.

He raised the weapons in front of him and fired.

The two remaining maids took direct hits and collapsed backwards.

The eight were down.

But Sayama did not catch his breath. He tossed aside both guns and used his left hand to grab the handgun he had tossed overhead.

He turned toward someone to his right.

It was #8.

“…!”

Sayama ran.

In response, #8 took quick action.

She tried to raise both handguns she held to target his face.

“I am serious!”

Her shout seemed to pierce through the air, but Sayama paid it no heed and moved forward.

But he would not make it in time. It would not take her long to raise the handguns. She held them right next to each other to target the center of his face.

“Is this your decision!?”

Sayama replied with his actions.

As he took the last running step with his left leg, he swung the knee up and jabbed the shin and knee straight up toward the heavens.

“…!”

As #8 tried to raise her arms, they struck either side of his knee.

Her hands stopped.

“!?”

At the same time, he threw his body forward. He pressed his forehead against his raised knee.

His face passed between the guns held apart by his knee.

And #8 pulled the triggers.

Gunshots passed by either side of his face.

But they naturally missed. Sayama swung down his raised left leg to slam his heel down. At the same time, #8 frantically moved back.

And he moved forward to pursue her.

He maintained his forward momentum and threw his lowering left leg forward. He was already close enough to collide with #8 and he looked at her surprised expression.

At the same moment, his left foot reached the asphalt and he made his step.

Using the force of his step, he pointed the gun in his left hand at #8.

In that instant…

“Sayama-kun!”

He heard Shinjou’s voice.

And so he took action. He first let go of his gun.

“I will now show you my conclusion.”

As he spoke, he wrapped his arms around #8’s waist from below and placed her over his shoulder.

“Ah…!”

As he lifted her up, she was surprisingly light.

With a bitter smile, he took a few light steps forward, lowered his speed, and came to a stop.

As #8 struggled atop his shoulder, he used his hands to stop her legs from moving and he spoke.

“I almost forgot. Dolls are meant to be held and handled with care.”

And…

“I respect that sort of thinking.”
And don't even make me go into the skill of Tatsumi.
I seriously doubt Finn can make up for this much of a skill advantage.

While Finn might not be overly reliant on tricks or feints it will still ruin his social influencing and, if he ever uses a trick, the sudden paralysis will catch him off-guard and guarantee a hit from Nijun.

In total, Nijun might have a slight AP disadvantage, but aside from that, I see him as equal or superior in everything else. He especially has a speed, skill and experience advantage. And that is a nasty combo. In fact, I shall call it the Kamen Rider Combo lol
With Nijun being faster and more skilled Finn will barely be able to hit him at all. There is few doubt in my mind that Nijun is going to land magnitudes more hits on Finn, than Finn can land on him.

that age means nothing to him
You argue that the age of 70 means nothing to him when

A: He is visibly an old man in out of prime condition compared to someone in their mid 20’s physically
B: He doesn’t have longevity on his profile

Next, the damaging thing. His power boosts do not damage him. They put a strain on his body, that's a difference.
making it so that extended use can damage him.

What acrobatics is concerned I wouldn't underestimate Nijun's agility.
If he has acrobatics it should be on his profile...

While Finn might not be overly reliant on tricks or feints it will still ruin his social influencing
His social influencing is non combat applicable most of the time anyways

he ever uses a trick, the sudden paralysis will catch him off-guard and guarantee a hit from Nijun.
Yeah but he won’t so it can’t

Let me show you one skill feat of a mid-level practitioner of the Hiba-style against stat-wise (at least slightly) superior opponents.
That’s a massive wall of text and skim reading it he just disarms a few people with standard techniques Bálor could do just as easily.

I agree Nujin holds impressive skill advantage here, but to argue:
Finn will barely be able to hit him at all.
Is a complete exaggeration, not to mention Nujin needs to amp first before he gets any kind of speed advantage, he loses out in mobility until then and Bálor can take hefty advantage of that.

A large majority of your arguments are based on direct contradictions to his page lmao, it’s not my problem if it’s poorly done

You argue that the age of 70 means nothing to him when

A: He is visibly an old man in out of prime condition compared to someone in their mid 20’s physically
B: He doesn’t have longevity on his profile
C: We see him fight and that he has no problem against younger opponents.

Nijun is a Sage and the master project of a civilization that has reached the peak of human evolution, with their only way to advance further being to become gods instead. Speculating about his age being a factor if it has never showed to be an issue is nonsense. There are plenty of old men in fiction that can fight just fine who are regular humans. And Nijun isn't even that.

He doesn't need longevity for his age to be of no consequence to his fighting. You are inventing a weakness here that is neither on Nijun's page nor actually indicated anywhere in the novel.

If he has acrobatics it should be on his profile...
When you start calling something acrobatics is pretty subjective. It's not like the ability to jump high and climb alone means acrobatics. (and I honestly just often forget to list it)

But yeah, as said, this is literally flat ground and a fence. Nijun will have 0 problems navigating that with his feats.

Yeah but he won’t so it can’t
You telling me during his whole carrer Finn didn't use a single feint? Honestly, if that's true, than I doubt his combat skill lol

Which kind of master combatant doesn't make even basic use of feints?

That’s a massive wall of text and skim reading it he just disarms a few people with standard techniques Bálor could do just as easily.
Disarms a group of superhuman androids with guns that would oneshot him in a 1 against many fight. (and he isn't fast enough to dodge bullets) Want to see Finn doing a similar skill feat.

But, y'know, want a better skill feat? Alright, Tatsumi time. This 9-B girl is so skilled, she does unreasonable nonsense like deflecting a 6-C energy beam using skill alone (well, arguably the 8-A mecha she used that skill with might have helped too, but still). That's just bullshit levels of skill. Now, to be clear, Nijun can't use that technique of Tatsumi. But he skill-wise should be comparable.

I agree Nujin holds impressive skill advantage here, but to argue:

Is a complete exaggeration, not to mention Nujin needs to amp first before he gets any kind of speed advantage, he loses out in mobility until then and Bálor can take hefty advantage of that.
Nijun can instantly speed amp, so really not something Finn can take advantage of at all.

And it's not a complete exaggeration. What does Finn have that would allow him to hit against an opponent faster and vastly more skilled than him? Nothing.

A large majority of your arguments are based on direct contradictions to his page lmao, it’s not my problem if it’s poorly done
Literally the only "contradiction" is maybe whether or not him being able to jump around trees is an acrobatics thing. Besides that nothing contradicts the page to any capacity.

And honestly, if you wanna focus on the acrobatics, I really wanna see which amazing acrobatics Finn can do that would be relevant here and beat the ability to simply jump several meters high (which would be completely covered by Nijun's superhuman physical characteristics).

C: We see him fight and that he has no problem against younger opponents.

Nijun is a Sage and the master project of a civilization that has reached the peak of human evolution, with their only way to advance further being to become gods instead. Speculating about his age being a factor if it has never showed to be an issue is nonsense. There are plenty of old men in fiction that can fight just fine who are regular humans. And Nijun isn't even that.

He doesn't need longevity for his age to be of no consequence to his fighting. You are inventing a weakness here that is neither on Nijun's page nor actually indicated anywhere in the novel.

When you start calling something acrobatics is pretty subjective. It's not like the ability to jump high and climb alone means acrobatics. (and I honestly just often forget to list it)

But yeah, as said, this is literally flat ground and a fence. Nijun will have 0 problems navigating that with his feats.

You telling me during his whole carrer Finn didn't use a single feint? Honestly, if that's true, than I doubt his combat skill lol

Which kind of master combatant doesn't make even basic use of feints?

Disarms a group of superhuman androids with guns that would oneshot him in a 1 against many fight. (and he isn't fast enough to dodge bullets) Want to see Finn doing a similar skill feat.

But, y'know, want a better skill feat? Alright, Tatsumi time. This 9-B girl is so skilled, she does unreasonable nonsense like deflecting a 6-C energy beam using skill alone (well, arguably the 8-A mecha she used that skill with might have helped too, but still). That's just bullshit levels of skill. Now, to be clear, Nijun can't use that technique of Tatsumi. But he skill-wise should be comparable.

Nijun can instantly speed amp, so really not something Finn can take advantage of at all.

And it's not a complete exaggeration. What does Finn have that would allow him to hit against an opponent faster and vastly more skilled than him? Nothing.

Literally the only "contradiction" is maybe whether or not him being able to jump around trees is an acrobatics thing. Besides that nothing contradicts the page to any capacity.

And honestly, if you wanna focus on the acrobatics, I really wanna see which amazing acrobatics Finn can do that would be relevant here and beat the ability to simply jump several meters high (which would be completely covered by Nijun's superhuman physical characteristics).
Jesus Christ I got a bad draw here didn’t I

Yeah Nujin skill stomps Bálor into oblivion based on what you’re saying

3 Months later look back at Prince Devitt I mean Finn Balor's profile if I really get going on digging up feats who knows what I can find... But if those Surpassing Human Civilization stuff in combat is true then well even I can't do much.

Why are you always choosing the skilled ass mfs?
Y'know, Nijun was literally the only not too-haxed character in this Ap range that I know.

Next tournament will have an upper limit on skill won't it? 💀

Y'know, Nijun was literally the only not too-haxed character in this Ap range that I know.

Next tournament will have an upper limit on skill won't it? 💀
I mean I was thinking of doing a strictly human 9-B tournament, where the only thing separating the characters from normal humans is AP. Speed unequalised, I thought it sounded a pretty decent idea

I mean I was thinking of doing a strictly human 9-B tournament, where the only thing separating the characters from normal humans is AP. Speed unequalised, I thought it sounded a pretty decent idea
That is to say no superhuman hax, no Speed, LS, Intelligence, Stamina etc above Peak Human (or for intelligence Genius)

Back