• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-A The Black Desert Tournament (2023): Manager Kim vs Kris (Deltarune)

kJDlTty.png
VS
tzUUzkA.png

Match Rules:
  • Match rules are stated in the Tournament thread.
  • Both are 9-A
  • Speed will be equalized
  • Both have their optional equipment
  • No Prep Time or Information of each other
  • Both start 30 meters away from each other
  • Location: Battles take place at the Desert with an abandoned town (Image)

nqg1H3J.png

Result:
Characters:Attack Potency:Votes:
🤜Manager Kim:160 Megajoules = 0.03 Tons3 (Fanta, Cinema, jojo)
⚔️Kris:316 Megajoules = 0.07 Tons7 (DD, ShockingPikachu, Thealmighty, Psychomaster35, Originlima, Maid, Reiner)
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
So... Kim doesn't have to deal with any time manip hax, and their LS strength isn't too far apart from each other - Kim's LS upscales from 1765 KGs, and Kris' LS scales to 3528 KGs. While Kris isn't too "unskilled", their battle experience and skill is nothing when compared to Kim's. Therefore, the best, and only possible, option for Kris is to use their SI and their various ACTs to make Kim give up and leave... which is an in-character thing for Kris to do, mind you.

So if im right, kris's best option is to try to talk Kim down before Kim beats them. Because Kim can reach kris in about half a second if kris doesn’t move and he is willing to attack teenagers.

I just woke up so time to respond while sleepy.

Talking is reasonable. However Kim is willing to do anything for his daughter. It might not be as effective since even Warren, someone whom he thinks of as a son, couldn't convince him to stop when Kim's mission forced him to essentially whoop his ass. Essentially he's too stubborn especially when bloodlusted.(not sure if he is)

Due to higher AP and comparable LS, I can only assume it's likelier for him to rely on pressure points and even the heart attack punch. Wires is also just as likely. But yeah does Kris have any other win cons

I just woke up so time to respond while sleepy.

Talking is reasonable. However Kim is willing to do anything for his daughter. It might not be as effective since even Warren, someone whom he thinks of as a son, couldn't convince him to stop when Kim's mission forced him to essentially whoop his ass. Essentially he's too stubborn especially when bloodlusted.(not sure if he is)

Due to higher AP and comparable LS, I can only assume it's likelier for him to rely on pressure points and even the heart attack punch. Wires is also just as likely. But yeah does Kris have any other win cons
Kris also seems to have a range advantage and their melee attacks have the ability to cross distances, at least up to several meters. That might factor into play here.

Kris also seems to have a range advantage and their melee attacks have the ability to cross distances, at least up to several meters. That might factor into play here.
That helps a bit. Although I realize no one added the Ranger of Kim's wires which would be of close levels and can somehow be set up in an open street.

Overall tho without wires Kim would be trying to close in and dodge

Could Kris’ statistics reduction be effective here? I think it could be effective if Kim wasn’t willing to talk (Which I still think Kris’ SI is a valid win con) to which then they could lower his strength and durability and attempt to range him out with their attacks with slightly higher AP.

Could Kris’ statistics reduction be effective here? I think it could be effective if Kim wasn’t willing to talk (Which I still think Kris’ SI is a valid win con) to which then they could lower his strength and durability and attempt to range him out with their attacks with slightly higher AP.
How does reduction work? Also if the objective for SI to win is to stop Kim from fighting that would be difficult due to his stubborness but I can reason it out as a low chance. My concern is LS and how heart attack punch disregards AP.

Can it fail?

I can't imagine Kim letting him do that tho. He has been exposed to sleeping gas and resisted it but this is different.
The move is directly stated to be hypnosis. It doesn’t have a chance to fail, I believe, but it does make Jevil feel tired in the fight because he resists it for the most part and it takes multiple tries to get him to sleep. I would imagine on a regular combatant who doesn’t resist mind manip, it would be a lot more effective.

The move is directly stated to be hypnosis. It doesn’t have a chance to fail, I believe, but it does make Jevil feel tired in the fight because he resists it for the most part and it takes multiple tries to get him to sleep. I would imagine on a regular combatant who doesn’t resist mind manip, it would be a lot more effective.
Seems reasonable though that sounds more like it takes repeated tries which would be bad.

Anyway that's another win con to add. Is that Kris' go to move tho?

Seems reasonable though that sounds more like it takes repeated tries which would be bad.

Anyway that's another win con to add. Is that Kris' go to move tho?
Kris moves always choosing only one what would be effective against his enemy.

So probably Kris gonna start shooting him with blast spam or put him to sleep.

And btw, some of Kris moves make dudes real tired(like Jevil)

Kris seems to have plenty of counters to Kim's tactics. Hypnosis, stat reduction via Pirouette and other moves, and healing to draw out the fight.

Voting Kris

Kris moves always choosing only one what would be effective against his enemy.

So probably Kris gonna start shooting him with blast spam or put him to sleep.

And btw, some of Kris moves make dudes real tired(like Jevil)
Kim has a high amount of stamina able to essentially take on a mission that pit him against the entirety of North Korea and escape. I checked jevil's page and it really can't compare. Kim has spent months and days training in north Korea with minimal food and drinks while being poisoned constantly. That's not going to work.

Attack redirection and just avoiding the attacks, or using his wires to stop Kris from moving is a very likely situation considering that using weapons against him ends up with that situation and will end up with Kris harmed.

Hypnosis and SI are the only possible tactics but from how it sounds hypnosis isn't his go to. And if he goes for danmaku first which will initially surprise Kim, the guy is going to go straight for a heart attack punch. Even without those his C&C can destabilizing someone.

Healing won't help someone from getting oneshotted either.

To add on, Manager Kim has dealt with multiple elite soldiers shooting at him much like Jincheol Park. Dodging that way would not be so difficult.

The perfect thing that has to happen to give Kim a win is if he somehow uses hypnotism early and if you argue that it works better on people without mental res. But if really doubt that, and it's likelier it would need repeated uses

Kim has a high amount of stamina able to essentially take on a mission that pit him against the entirety of North Korea and escape. I checked jevil's page and it really can't compare. Kim has spent months and days training in north Korea with minimal food and drinks while being poisoned constantly. That's not going to work.

Attack redirection and just avoiding the attacks, or using his wires to stop Kris from moving is a very likely situation considering that using weapons against him ends up with that situation and will end up with Kris harmed.

Hypnosis and SI are the only possible tactics but from how it sounds hypnosis isn't his go to. And if he goes for danmaku first which will initially surprise Kim, the guy is going to go straight for a heart attack punch. Even without those his C&C can destabilizing someone.

Healing won't help someone from getting oneshotted either.

To add on, Manager Kim has dealt with multiple elite soldiers shooting at him much like Jincheol Park. Dodging that way would not be so difficult.

The perfect thing that has to happen to give Kim a win is if he somehow uses hypnotism early and if you argue that it works better on people without mental res. But if really doubt that, and it's likelier it would need repeated uses
How you will redirect Soul Blast????

It self destruct as soon as it gets to the dude, and Kris can use hella spam which is canon due to Enraged Spam mode.

So, Kris might start with it and I don't think that he can do anything about since... Soul is Soul..? and it can knockback even giant Spamton NEO.

I’m voting Kris FRA, bullet spam + sleep manipulation is gonna be hella hard to dodge, especially since Kris can spam soul blasts infinitely and idk if Kim can redirect a blast that directly comes from Kris’ soul and a bajillion of them coming at him all at once. Plus completely forgot how effective Kris’ sleep manip is. It even made Jevil feel tired, eventually making him too tired to fight, who had resistance to sleep manip.

How you will redirect Soul Blast????

It self destruct as soon as it gets to the dude, and Kris can use hella spam which is canon due to Enraged Spam mode.

So, Kris might start with it and I don't think that he can do anything about since... Soul is Soul..? and it can knockback even giant Spamton NEO.
Somehow not alerted to this.

He doesn't need to redirect soul blast. The attack is not clear on what it can do on his page, but he just has to dodge. Kim has literally put himself in numerous situations where guns are pointed at him and shot at yet he dodged them fine.

So then it's even likelier that Kris gets wrapped by wires and pulled towards the ground or Kim.

KB would be irrelevant if dodged. Even if it's an explosion. Can it harm Kris if he's close to the resulting explosion?

Those are more reasonable points than just "fall asleep"

Also I'd like to add, Kim still has his firearms which he will be spamming the moment explosions start happening.

He doesn't need to redirect soul blast. The attack is not clear on what it can do on his page, but he just has to dodge. Kim has literally put himself in numerous situations where guns are pointed at him and shot at yet he dodged them fine.

So then it's even likelier that Kris gets wrapped by wires and pulled towards the ground or Kim.

KB would be irrelevant if dodged. Even if it's an explosion. Can it harm Kris if he's close to the resulting explosion?

Also I'd like to add, Kim still has his firearms which he will be spamming the moment explosions start happening.
Isn’t Kris experienced with characters who have Danmaku type abilities? If Kim tries to go that route, couldn’t they just dodge the wires and bullets to build up even more power for sleephax? Also I don’t think the soul blasts harm Kris at all, even if they did, Kris has a ton of healing options.

Isn’t Kris experienced with characters who have Danmaku type abilities? If Kim tries to go that route, couldn’t they just dodge the wires and bullets to build up even more power for sleephax? Also I don’t think the soul blasts harm Kris at all, even if they did, Kris has a ton of healing options.
I assume these healing options take time to use?

How exactly does he dodge wires that wrap around and are usually invisible for many to see? Everyone in Manager Kim's verse are often too late and don't realize wires have wrapped around their bodies. Also with how speed is equalized- what's the usual speed of projectiles that Kris deals with? Cause that's going to be an issue too even if you have danmaku dodging.

How you gonna dodge the undodgable.

I mean, it's basically would be huge wall of blast spam without any sign of possibility to go out since there won't be any empty space to go in.

And it would probably be fatal since it's too many and it could harm Spamton NEO.

I assume these healing options take time to use?

How exactly does he dodge wires that wrap around and are usually invisible for many to see? Everyone in Manager Kim's verse are often too late and don't realize wires have wrapped around their bodies. Also with how speed is equalized- what's the usual speed of projectiles that Kris deals with? Cause that's going to be an issue too even if you have danmaku dodging.
With supersonic speeds since he was able to dodge lightning, sound and even bullets since in Chapter 3 it was clear that he was dodging them.

How you gonna dodge the undodgable.

I mean, it's basically would be huge wall of blast spam without any sign of possibility to go out since there won't be any empty space to go in.

And it would probably be fatal since it's too many and it could harm Spamton NEO.

So wait. You placed a character that has this level of AP (I'm assuming Spamton NEO is on this level), and can essentially unleash an undodgeable attack in this tourney?

Also what exactly is soulblast since it's not on his profile at all. Can you link me a video of it or something?

Also what exactly is soulblast since it's not on his profile at all. Can you link me a video of it or something?
This (1:36)

Anyhow, I vote Kris. Not only have they pretty much dealt with low-mid level danmaku to dodge Kim's CQC as well as an AP/Durability advantage, but their attacks essentially being able to reach the enemies from a distance instantly with a sword swipe can pretty much beat Kim. Not to say it's a stomp, considering that they can still lose via being outskilled or outranged. Sadly, Kim gets outranged here, and Kris should be able to beat him before he can fully wrap his wires on them.

Last edited:
Back