• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-A Partners in Crime Tournament; Round 1 Match 2: A-Town Down Under VS Slime and Magma Cube (7-0-0)

A-Town Down Under VS Slime and Magma Cube

3Kk5MPU.png

Tournament Match Rules
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Characters have their standard equipment.
  • Battles take place at an empty bank.
  • Combatants start 30 meters away from each other.

A-Town Down Under: 7
Slime and Magma Cube: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Ngl I don't see what the Slimes do here. They're weaker than A-Town Down Town being at 66.9 Megajoules vs 197.4 Megajoules, they have no combat skills, and they spit into weaker parts after they die. The only thing I'd say they have going for them is the Magma Slimes heat but idk how effective its gonna be.

Ngl I don't see what the Slimes do here. They're weaker than A-Town Down Town being at 66.9 Megajoules vs 197.4 Megajoules, they have no combat skills, and they spit into weaker parts after they die. The only thing I'd say they have going for them is the Magma Slimes heat but idk how effective its gonna be.
Their AP is the deciding factor here.

So A-Town Down Under have an almost 3x physical advantage against Slimes that get weaker after they die.

I will say that A-Town Down Under will get caught off guard by these slimes and their weird abilities, but by seeing how predictable their moves are (they literally just jump up and down), they will pick their spots carefully and handily beat them.

Though Waller and Theory won't be able to their combat skill/arsenal to its fullest extent here because of the Slimes' abilities, so they'll just become punch-kick merchants.

What can the WWE duo do to handle the Magma Cube's heat? It's quite literally, a giant blob of magma, and neither seem to have range, or heat resistance to counteract that

What can the WWE duo do to handle the Magma Cube's heat? It's quite literally, a giant blob of magma, and neither seem to have range, or heat resistance to counteract that
How many hits does it usually take for The Player in Minecraft to kill one Magma Cube?

Also, A-Town Down Under can quite literally just find a weapon from the battlefield (I'm sure you can find something to use in the location they're in) and just deal damage that way.

How is Magma Cube going to deal any sort of damage when A-Town Down Under can literally avoid any attack just by moving out of harms way? The Magma Cube's movements are extremely predictable.

Real quick do the wrestlers have any ranged attacks? Because if not they can’t touch the magma slime without burning to death, on the account of it literally being a cube of magma and all. Ooh sorry, the one comment I missed was saying that, whoops. But yeah unless they have range I’m voting the magma slime just roost them.

How many hits does it usually take for The Player in Minecraft to kill one Magma Cube?

Also, A-Town Down Under can quite literally just find a weapon from the battlefield (I'm sure you can find something to use in the location they're in) and just deal damage that way.

How is Magma Cube going to deal any sort of damage when A-Town Down Under can literally avoid any attack just by moving out of harms way? The Magma Cube's movements are extremely predictable.
I'm not really concerned about the Magma Cube's attacks, but more so how the WWE duo could hurt it without hurting themselves at best, and burning to death at worst. I guess they might be able to find a ruler or something, but you gotta remember, it's still magma, so even standing near it is gonna hurt.

Last edited:
also, they basically have to kill it five times
assuming it's at medium size it will split into four small magma cubes once it takes enough damage. yeah they will be weaker but if the duo aren't careful they might end up in an 8v2 with the four slime and magma cube clones, which will obviously make dodging harder

If they punch into it, they aren’t getting their hands back (and will likely die from shock since these are more so real people with fantastical elements than many other characters on this site). So I will just up and vote the magma cube, same reason she hulk lost, no answer to literal lava.

Real quick do the wrestlers have any ranged attacks? Because if not they can’t touch the magma slime without burning to death, on the account of it literally being a cube of magma and all. Ooh sorry, the one comment I missed was saying that, whoops. But yeah unless they have range I’m voting the magma slime just roost them.
They're purely CQC/H2H fighters.

I'm not really concerned about the Magma Cube's attacks, but more so how the WWE duo could hurt it without hurting themselves at best, and burning to death at worst. I guess they might be able to find a stick or something, but you gotta remember, it's still magma, so even standing near it is gonna hurt.
Thing is that they'd realize that quickly or even the moment the fight starts that they shouldn't get too close to the Magma Cube due to its heat. They have the common sense to know that if they're facing something called a "Magma Cube", they'd probably realize it's not the smartest idea to get up close to confront it.

Both Theory and Waller have more than enough AP to destroy something in the hallway and use it as a weapon.

also, they basically have to kill it five times
assuming it's at medium size it will split into four small magma cubes once it takes enough damage. yeah they will be weaker but if the duo aren't careful they might end up in an 8v2 with the four slime and magma cube clones, which will obviously make dodging harder
A couple of questions:

1. Is this assuming Waller and Theory have the same AP as the Magma Cube? They have damn near a 3x AP advantage, so I'd assume it'd be an easier task as opposed to someone with comparable AP to the Cube.

2. What key is this? Is it small or medium? I don't think this has been clarified?

If they punch into it, they aren’t getting their hands back (and will likely die from shock since these are more so real people with fantastical elements than many other characters on this site). So I will just up and vote the magma cube, same reason she hulk lost, no answer to literal lava.
They aren't going to do that though since they realize they're fighting a thing of magma, and realize finding weapons and attacking it is the way to go.

The magma slimes are hot enough to burn iron (at least they burn the iron golem who’s pure iron, though the lava they scale to also can burn gold and items dropped do have a mechanic some don’t burn). So I can’t really see any weapon they could grab that would fair much better than themselves.

A couple of questions:

1. Is this assuming Waller and Theory have the same AP as the Magma Cube? They have damn near a 3x AP advantage, so I'd assume it'd be an easier task as opposed to someone with comparable AP to the Cube.
even if they take a hundred times their max health in damage, they still split when they die, the extra damage doesn't transfer over
though the smaller ones are much weaker, if waller/theory can take down the bigger cubes they can 100% take down the smaller cubes, if they can actually land the hits

2. What key is this? Is it small or medium? I don't think this has been clarified?
slime's only key that is in 9-A is medium, and magma's two keys in 9-A are small and medium, but small is only likely 9-A so i'd assume it's matching with slime

I think it depends on the school. Some are actual brick while others are a material that can burn that’s design to look similar to save money. Though often schools try to not be flammable for obvious reasons.

I think it depends on the school. Some are actual brick while others are a material that can burn that’s design to look similar to save money. Though often schools try to not be flammable for obvious reasons.
Putting this kind of fight in an enclosed area like a school hallway is still crazy 😭

I think the heat is hot enough to have alot of it melt, but it still won’t catch fire. Though again depends on the school, some of it can absolutely be flammable.

A little cramped, but I can understand it being empty to focus on the characters themselves, just lines up poorly with the wrestlers especially. Absolutely when thrown up against living lava.

Normally I would agree, but I actually like the magma cube specially because it’s really funny to use in versus matches. It’s the ultimate benchmark test for melee fighters (which is why I should actually make a match with it myself)

Am I a bitch if I were to request for the locations to be switched?

Normally I would agree, but I actually like the magma cube specially because it’s really funny to use in versus matches. It’s the ultimate benchmark test for melee fighters (which is why I should actually make a match with it myself)
Kim and Shego vs A-Town Down Under has the potential to be the best match out of the whole tournament, and y'all are this close to ruining it.

I unfortunately don’t know anything about the tournament, I just know the magma cube is lava and that’s really hard for a melee character to fight (it says way more about Steve than anything else). With enough items to bash the cube apart I could see them winning though so just really up to the location.

I unfortunately don’t know anything about the tournament, I just know the magma cube is lava and that’s really hard for a melee character to fight (it says way more about Steve than anything else). With enough items to bash the cube apart I could see them winning though so just really up to the location.
The fact that a fight like this highly depends on the location is kinda crazy lol.

Back