• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thunder Bagua Kaido Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's stated...
013.jpg

Luffy literally says the laser was too slow while it's beside his head...
Again? You didn't see any other factors before luffy dodge the laser, he was at a distance of 11m.

I do understand your argument.

The issue is your argument is bad and I have responded to it multiple times now.
My argument is bad? Isn't that you? Who keeps claiming manga statements without looking at other factors?
1. Luffy dodged a bit
2. The distance before luffy's dodge was 11m.

Again? You didn't see any other factors before luffy dodge the laser, he was at a distance of 11m.
You don't need to see anything else... If you can look and talk and even say too slow while the laser is moving beside your head then that's enough... You calculating the feat means nothing to the statement

Luffy calls laser too slow... And kaido too fast, that's it

You don't need to see anything else... If you can look and talk and even say too slow while the laser is moving beside your head then that's enough... You calculating the feat means nothing to the statement

Luffy calls laser too slow... And kaido too fast, that's it
Gosh,, why is it so easy for Luffy to avoid because of the factors I mentioned.
1. Luffy dodged a little
2. Before luffy dodged the distance was at 11m
3. Luffy was facing pacifista which made him more alert.

I don't understand people ignoring other factors.

My argument is bad? Isn't that you? Who keeps claiming manga statements without looking at other factors?
1. Luffy dodged a bit
2. The distance before luffy's dodge was 11m.
Ok this has nothing to do with my point since it’s irrelevant. If you want to look at “other factors” then how about we look at all the other factors that make Luffy’s LS perception speed valid.

Here’s a quick list of why Luffy’s perception is light speed against Kaido:

1) Luffy pre-time skip already had 50% light speed reactions. Pre-timeskip, before he even learned observation haki. This doesn’t even begin with all the amps he got before he faced kaido.

2) Luffy even with the ability to literally see Kaido’s movement in advance he still was unable to dodge his attack. Actually being able to see into the future couldn’t save Luffy from Kaido’s Thunder Bagua. And I don’t think I need to specify how the ability of future sight boosts your reaction time.

1. Luffy dodged a little

Because they don't matter... You are calculating his movement, which again has nothing to do with luffy calling the laser too slow

Last edited:
You sure? Maybe refresh?
Ah you prob deleted. Oh well
Anyway
1. Luffy dodged a little

The range didn't matter. It's still light. Iirc you were talking about Sanji reacting to light too but never said anything about him having a range advantage.

Here’s a scenario:

A dude’s pointing a gun at another guy from like 20 feet away. The one dude pulls the trigger and the other guy does anime head tilt while calling the bullet in question “too slow.”

Would you call that person a bullet timer?

Ok this has nothing to do with my point since it’s irrelevant. If you want to look at “other factors” then how about we look at all the other factors that make Luffy’s LS perception speed valid.

Here’s a quick list of why Luffy’s perception is light speed against Kaido:

1) Luffy pre-time skip already had 50% light speed reactions. Pre-timeskip, before he even learned observation haki. This doesn’t even begin with all the amps he got before he faced kaido.

2) Luffy even with the ability to literally see Kaido’s movement in advance he still was unable to dodge his attack. Actually being able to see into the future couldn’t save Luffy from Kaido’s Thunder Bagua. And I don’t think I need to specify how the ability of future sight boosts your reaction time.
Stacking bruuh.

Here’s a scenario:

A dude’s pointing a gun at another guy from like 20 feet away. The one dude pulls the trigger and the other guy does anime head tilt while calling the bullet in question “too slow.”

Would you call that person a bullet timer?
You can't bring that scenario here, because it's a different case. That scenario applies to the close distance, while luffy?

Again, how many times do I have to explain? Even though he said slow light, you have to look at the facts first, the factor here is that the pacifista laser was fired at a distance of 11m, which means that Luffy's perception will be reduced. Does that make sense? The speed of light will be consistent like that? Light is 299792458 m/s not "11" m.

You should understand now
I'm not able to understand wrong logic, Luffy called the attack itself slow not because of distance as that would be illogical since he dodged pacifista lasers from close range before
Rather he's talking about the laser itself, so by context, statements, history and narrative, alongside it never being contradicted just works way better than a calculation made with lots of assumptions

So the scaling chain is this

Kaidou>Rooftop Fs luffy> rooftop luffy>luffy fs after katakuri>luffy fs vs katakuri>luffy haki after it increased vs katakuri>luffy haki before> luffy haki vs doflamingo>luffy haki in sabaody>luffy hakiless>laser beam he calls slow

It's not a matter of distance or anything, but a matter of luffy's perception that light is slow.

When i dodge a plane traveling at 100 km/h from a distance, i can dodge it but i wouldn't be that crazy to say that the plane is slow.

The conclusion is it's about perception not avoiding it.

It's not a matter of distance or anything, but a matter of luffy's perception that light is slow.

When i dodge a plane traveling at 100 km/h from a distance, i can dodge it but i wouldn't be that crazy to say that the plane is slow.

I am aware, but that was one of his arguments, and I simply responded to it. And yes, Luffy just called it slow not due to distance, the beam itself was legit slow (bro actually dodged 6 of them without any difficulty)

Last edited:

Sepuh Obito nih boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back