• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thresh vs Giratina

The real cal howard said:
Triggering temporal distortions =/= triggering the creation of other timelines.
It is close enough and makes sense with what he does. It matches perfectly with his creation of temporal clones as well.

Also, since when does spliting a timeline into 2 new ones means the new ones are of the same caliber? I never once heard of this being a thing.

If someone splits a moon or a planet in half, you don't get new moons and planets of the same degree from them. They're smaller. While a universe/timeline is in a different league of its own obviously, it should very well run on this same principal. You don't get 2 whole universes by spliting them (unless they were something like copies) so a timeline shouldnt be any different.

Flowey time travelled so much that he flawlessly knows every single action that every single citizen will make ever. Which is far more than Ekko ever did, yet is still in the 2-C to countless 2-B range. So again, best we can do is tack on another layer of countless.

@Pachi. Unless you want Low 2-C Celebi, I am.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Also, since when does spliting a timeline into 2 new ones means the new ones are of the same caliber? I never once heard of this being a thing.

If someone splits a moon or a planet in half, you don't get new moons and planets of the same degree from them. They're smaller. While a universe/timeline is in a different league of its own obviously, it should very well run on this same principal. You don't get 2 whole universes by spliting them (unless they were something like copies) so a timeline shouldnt be any different.
That is because they are copies. Also you can not compare finite things like moons to infinite things like universes. This is not thanks wiping half the population everytlone and everything is in each time line.

The real cal howard said:
Flowey time travelled so much that he flawlessly knows every single action that every single citizen will make ever. Which is far more than Ekko ever did, yet is still in the 2-C to countless 2-B range. So again, best we can do is tack on another layer of countless.

@Pachi. Unless you want Low 2-C Celebi, I am.
I am not arguing beyond 2-B darks stars until more concrete evidence so that is whatever to me.

Rocker1189 said:
That is because they are copies. Also you can not compare finite things like moons to infinite things like universes. This is not thanks wiping half the population everytlone and everything is in each time line.
You do know universes aren't infinite in size yes? They infinitely expand, meaning they remain at finite sizes constantly, they're just getting infinitely bigger. They aren't already infinite flat out in size.

Also, what proves they're copies instead of just being new realms from the ones they're split from?

@Rocker. I'm saying that the most we can assume is that each Ekko created a few thousand timelines in his short lifetime, more realistically in the hundreds. Which would multiply the amount of existing timelines by that number. Which is still far far less than the amount of universes for Pokémon.

210 replies and still not getting if this is fair or not.

Thresh: 3

Giratina: 0

Cool

Absorbing giratina's soul grants thresh a massive boost in power as his power increases proportionally to the power of and number ofnsouls he absorbs

Where was it shown that giratina can survive whtiout its soul though?

@Weekly

Where is it stated that the quality of the soul matters? All I've seen is quantity mattering.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Weekly

Where is it stated that the quality of the soul matters? All I've seen is quantity mattering.
Stronger beings grant stronger souls, even in game epic creatures grant the equivalent of two souls while normally people just drop a single soul

And id still like to see proof that giratina can survive without a soul as thats not on its profile anywhere

WeeklyBattles said:
And id still like to see proof that giratina can survive without a soul as thats not on its profile anywhere
The guy predates souls. There was a point in "time" when it didnt have a soul.

It's also worth noting that Giratina is the conceptual embodiment of Antimatter on a Aristotelian level, so you'd need to eradicate all antimatter in existence to kill him.

Not saying that isn't doable, but the Pokemon multiverse is so absurdly large if you accept that the Reflection Cave makes branching alternate realities (though I question that).

Not voting and I'm more asking than saying but someone who knows Pokemon please clarify: Wasn't Giratina something that predates souls and embodies whatever?

Wouldn't that mean the thing has no soul by default thus rendering the soul manip thing a no-sell?

I mention this because I heard something in older threads regarding this fact, but never saw if it was confirmed for either case.

@Fate

This was discussed in the recent Pokemon revisions. He does predate souls, but the Lake Trio gave "spirit" to the "world". Since Giratina is part of the creation trio that embodies existence, it would classify as a piece of the "world" and thus would have obtained a soul, although he does not need it to survive as shown by his existence before souls.

I kinda disagree with that still but I already said i'll make a CRT about it in the future at a better time. Plus survival after soul removal/destruction is pretty cool too.

Anywho

Back