• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
This is why I'm not allowed to make vs matches at 1 am.

I have a full story in mind, but it's past midnight so **** that noise. Here's the scenario.

Thrawn is forced to jump his ship into hyperspace to escape a rebel ambush and crashes in the heart of Soviet Russia. After a few months imprisonment, the Soviets finally determine he's safe enough for Stalin to talk too. Thrawn offers a deal. The Soviets would provide him with the technology he needs to rebuild his ship and escape to space. In return, Thrawn woukd first help them collapse the USA and afterwards would make the newly "Soviet Earth" a part of the Empire, which Stalin would be given a high position in. Stalin is incredulous at the notion that Thrawn could eliminate the likes of Doctor Manhattan.

Thrawn simply replies "I already have." Indeed, he's done basically the same thing Ozymandias did in the original story. "I learned about the politics of your world through your interrogators, as well as the art that you have given me access to in exchange for information. To execute the myrder, I simply planted the idea in the head of one of your younger officers, gave him a plan once he confessed his idea to me, and suggested he use the imperial technology you confiscated. This time tomorrow, an American senator will have been vaporized by a thermal detonator. The energy residual will be mistaken for Doctor Manhattan's and he will be questioned and badgered on live news about it. He already has a mixed opinion of humanity as it stands, this will be the final straw that forces him to leave Earth. To reconsider his place in the universe. That, alongside any resources you provide me with, will allow me to make my next move and destroy the U.S." Indeed, the next day news confirms his story.

Stalin is impressed and is fully willing to offer his aid. However, he forces Thrawn to make a speech to the public. To admit his hand in removing Manhattan from the equation. Thrawn is reluctant to reveal himself, but Stalin gives him no choice. Thrawn makes a speech that reveals himself as the "extraterrestrial superintelligence that defeated the American Superman" and boldly announces his intentions to "allow the Union to outlast the U.S." Ozymandias naturally sees this on the news.

Thrawn immediately turns his attention to finding a way to eliminate his next biggest threat, Ozymandias, and the Smartest Man on Earth prepares to face his new challenger.

~

Legends Thrawn vs Comics Ozymandias.

Thrawn wins if he can either eliminate Ozymandias or cause the U.S. to collapse. Ozymandias wins if he can kill Thrawn or collapse the USSR.

Thrawn Imperial Fleet
vs.
OzymandiasArt

I remember Thrawn vs Batman, you won't get me that easily

Anywho, while I do have an idea who would win, I want to hear your opinions first.

However, I will say this.

I think Thrawn is the better strategist while Ozymandias has more variety in his intelligence.

Ozymandias outsmarted Doctor Manhattan after having worked with him in the Minute Men. Thrawn outsmarted a Jedi Master with minimal prep time whilst having no encounters with the Force prior.

However, Ozymandias adds stuff like Martial Arts Mastery and Super Advanced alien technology to his repertoire.

a question assuming thawne has the technology of the Soviet Union together with his which exactly he has with his imperial technology?

I don't see imperial technology playing that big a role in Thrawn's win condition given the setting, however, I will specify that he has a significant amount of left over standard stormtrooper equipment and a slightly damaged hyperdrive which survived the crash.

Okay, so I have my reasoning ready, but my post is so big that I can't actually post it. I'll divide it into pieces tomorrow.

...Goddammit, here I go soloing my own thread agai

Alright, here's how this'll go down. Roughly.

Pre-Phase

Before anyone does anything, they would try and analyze their opponent.

Thrawn would immediately begin to analyze Adrian's culture. He asks for pieces of American media, paintings, movies, TV shows. He intends to understand Ozy's cultural upbringing and inherent cultural filters. He then asks for any information he can find on the man himself. Newspapers, recordings, anything to try and understand the man himself.

Ozymandias would begin to make deductions about Thrawn in turn. His skin is dark blue, likely evolved to absorb more heat. This shows he comes from a colder environment. His inhuman eyes, clearly different, likely sees on a different color spectrum. This influces the kinds of tactics he would consider first. Adrian analyzes his speech. Thrawn's tone was mostly formal and polite. This shows, wherever he's from, he has a sophisticated background. It noticably lacked passion, likely he was forced into it. This suggests a humble or pragmatic personality. Either way would suggest Thrawn would approach a situation with caution. Combine these factors with his uniform and the conclusion is clear. He's most likely some form of military officer back home.

Thrawn walks away with the knowledge that he's dealing with an intelligent and pragmatic superhero deducated to the greater good, while Adrian understands he's dealing with a pragmatic military mind.

Phase One

I feel Thrawn would be more likely to make the first move. Not only has he shown to almost constantly be on the offensive, his side has considerably less moral scruples and thus, more offensive options.

Thrawn's first move is multilayered in purpose. Throughout the Cold War, there were varous countries caught between communism and capitalism. Thrawn would simply have to give one of these countries a push. Assassinate the biggest capitalist supporter in a country the US is trying to push to their side. This allows communism to take over there, angering the U.S. He then covertly sinks a navy ship that happens to be in that area, giving the US an excuse to go to war with said small country. Thrawn woukd know to exploit this simply by checking America's history. A very similar thing happened to set off the Spanish-American War.

The following war will three purposes.

1. Thrawn will have taken note how new recording technology is to this world. This is the first time that warfare will be able to be recorded and shown back home this explicitly. This would clearly dishearten the American people.

2. The natural economic costs of war will damage America's economy.

3. It will be a good test to see how Ozymandias reacts.

Ozymandias then replies with his own multi-purpose move. He builds a high-tech weapon to aid the U.S., likely a simple lazer rifle of some kind. This serves multiple functions.

1. It can help counter any alien technology Thrawn would've likely crash landed with.

2. It will damage the USSR's economy, as they'll inevitably be seeking to replucate and match it.

3. How Thrawn reacts to the weapon could tell him a lot about how advanced the technology his opponent regularly faces is and thus, tell him the kind of tactics he'd use.

4. It would help bring a quicker end to the war and would lessen the moral burden on the American public.

Furthermore, I don't see why Adrian can't just pull an economic plan out of his ass to help balance the budget while the war is going on while he's at it.

Thrawn quietly accepts this brief loss, as his ultimate purpose was served. He now understands the level of tactician that he is up against and can calibrate his next plan accordingly.

Phase Two

While the USSR would be fumbling to catch up to Adrian's new tech, Thrawn begins plotting his next move.

As part of his longterm plan, Thrawn sends four separate squads of spies into Canada and lets them live their for several years, allowing them to pick up on Canadian culture and generally become better and better at pretending to be Canadian. Each has different missions and none have any knowledge of the others.

To keep Ozymandias occupied while this is going on, Thrawn makes a speech intoducing the basic model blaster to the world. With this, he'll do the following.

1. Claim it is a perfect counter to Adrian's laser rifle, making it seem as if Thrawn is an inventor rather than a strategist (Ozy wouldn't fall for this. He's already concluded Thrawn is a commander and knows how Thrawn could've gotten the weapons).

2. Declare Soviet Russia the winner of the arms race and emphasizes how America's economy will not last in it. This plants the seed in Veldt's mind that economic collapse is Thrawn's goal, as the earlier war would've also had that effect if not handled properly. This plays into Thrawn's main goal.

After the spies become capable of accurately imitating Canadians, three squads infiltrate America. Once the pieces are in place, Thrawn sends a letter. This letter is a forgery, a faked letter from the Canadian Prime Minister to an unknown country. "Your demands are reasonable. It shall be done." It gets "leaked" to the US Government, placed on a submarine that gets purposefully intercepted and captured. Once enough time has passed for the letter to be read, Thrawn launches his attack.

The first group of spies attacks a U.S. air base near Washington D.C. Ozymandias does not respond to this, as he recognizes it is a misdirection, only existing to distract hom and keep nukes from flying. Then, the second attacks the U.S. treasury building. This is what Adrian believes is Thrawn's true target, as he recognizes that he's the only one on the planet willing to try something like this. He's been preparing for this, gathering old friends. He mobilizes with as many of his super hero comrades as he could gather. Then the third group strikes. It attacks Adrian's own buildings. Chunks of his own resources gone. And the final group? Making an assassination attempt on Canada's Prime Minister.

And with that, I outline Thrawn's plan.

The first group was a fake distraction, the second one was the true distraction, the third hit his true target. It crippled America's economy, it's people, and his enemies reasources. It put Veldt in a bind with no easy way out.

This keeps him from preventing what's coming. The U.S. angrily declares war on Canada, because they believe them responsible. But there's just one problem. Canada most certainly didn't make the letter they're sending as proof. And the Prime Minister was nearly assassinated at the same time. Almost as if they're trying to silence him.

Now, if people took a step back to think this through rationally, they'd smell a set up. This all seems a little contrived. But, people don't think rationally when thousands die and a war suddenly starts between two close allies. All people can see is people to blame and all their allies see is a mess to get out of.

America's allies stay out of this, either out of suspicion or just a desire to avoid the conflict. Ozymandias is in little position to repair the economy like last time, as his company is in ashes. Trade starts to cut off, a pointless war starts, billions grieve. Soviet influence soars as a response, more countries move to support the winning side. Once the war ends, America will be in no position to challenge the Soviet Union.

With allies lost and no way to truly recover, Anerica collapses in an economic downfall.

Summary

These two are easily in the same league, but there is one very minor thing that gives Thrawn the win here.

Experience.

Most of the people Ozymandias has outsmarted either weren't comparable in intellect or were people he's known for a long time. While he can dance circles around Extraordinary Geniuses when he needs to, he rarely needs too. He's usually the smartest person in the room.

Thrawn, on the other hand, deals with geniuses on a weekly basis. He's used to opponents where he needs to make plans within plans to deal with.

If both went into this confrontation with prior knowledge, inconclusive. It'd literally be the meme I described above.

But when dropped in cold, Thrawn's more likely to step up his game first because that's the setting he's used too.

If Thrawn makes any mistakes or miscalculates anything, he is dead. I award him a narrow 5.7/10 victory.

Back