• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor's (Marvel Comics) Page is hugely incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title states Thor (Marvel Comics) page is hugely incorrect, I would edit it to fix the monstrosity that it is but obviously i can't because "it's protected". It obviously isn't protected somebody went there and demolished the entire thing.

Attack Potency: Solar System Level.

Firstly: Thor and Beta Ray Bill destroyed Surtur's portal (JOINT POWER FEAT).

Secondly: Just because something is bigger than a star, it does not mean that it is bigger than a solar system. There are some stars out in our own universe that are barely bigger than Jupiter, and yet our star is bigger than them, but yet it is smaller than our solar system.

to give you some idea of how big a solar system is let's have a look at the size of a star.

The sun (our star) has a radius of 695,700km (432,287miles)

The solar system (our solar system specifically) has a radius of 287,460,000,000km (178,619,362,920miles)

I mean.......you could fit 413,100 suns in our solar system and there would still be space left over.

Even if we were to use VY Canis Majoris (the largest star in the known universe) which has a radius of 988,000,000+ and we placed it in our solar system then the solar system would still have enough room for another 289 VY Canis Majoris's.

So to say that Thor has solar system attack potency is just...flat out wrong, it's even worse that you are using a join effort feat to try and prove that he is.

Revised Attack Potency Level: Star Level.

Speed:
Everything seems in order here, moving on....hang about, "Omnipresent", if you are referring to Rune King Thor he didn't become omnipresent when he merged with the universe, he became omniscient....Okay moving on now.

Lifting Strength: YJ "Lifted the midgard serpent who weighs as much as a planet". Well first things first, the midgard serpent weighs 1/3 of Earth's total weight.

Earths total weight is 5.972 sextillion tons

1/3 of that weight is 1,990,666,666,666,666,666.

So to say that the Midgard serpent weighs as much as a planet is wrong.

And to classify Earth as a "LARGE PLANET" is also incredibly wrong, we are one of the smallest planets in our solar system, let alone the universe so his lifting strength needs to be edited to Class Z.

Revised Lifting Strength: Z.

Durability: Solar system level.

Hahahahahahahaha. No words are needed.

HEAVILY (I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH) RECOMMENDED DURABILITY LEVEL: Multi-Planetary and even that is a stretch of his durability.

Striking Strength: XPG.

Oh for the love of god, please. Thor? Solar system level striking strength? So you guys honestly believe that Thor is capable of busting Solar Systems with his hammer swings? Guys take it from someone who is a veteran member on another comic based site, please get your act together.

Revised Striking Strength: The tiering in this category is a bit messed up i recommend adding a few more tiers into this as the closest one i could find to Thor's true striking strength is XKJ (But by no means are his CASUAL strikes multi planetary level, when he was fighting Gorr his bones were breaking and all he was doing was busting the planet beneath and cracking a nearby moon).

Recommended Tier for Thor is a toss up between 5-A or 4-C.

I know a lot of you guys may disagree with this but this is honestly my opinion of what Thor should be.

Did you look at the calculation linked in his profile that justifies his Solar System level rating?

Becoming one with the universe makes you omnipresent.

Again, did you look at the calculation that justifies his lifting strength?

He is Class XPJ for the colision of Mjolnir and Stormbreaker yielding Solar System level force

Everything you are trying to disprove here has clear justification on his profile.

Yes i did actually.

If you want to talk about one off feats then why isn't Silver Surfer classed as Nigh-Omnipotent, because as any Silver Surfer fan will tell you Silver Surfer was granted godhood by the Living Tribunal.

In-fact ALMOST every argument on his page was debunked over on Comic Vine.

There are even entire pages devoted to debunking some of Thor's more ridiculous feats.

Please look at the calc and read over it carfuly as you as it seems did not

and if you read the bottom to paragraphs of what the calc says it stated that

"Now let's try it without cutting out the center area. Surface gravity for this version is 938.28 g. This raises the overall GBE to 5.525e46.

Again, both of these are very low-end, as the portal was behind the star I scaled it from, and it exploded pretty damn quickly, so way more than the minimum GBE was unleashed there. At the very least, we can say Thor and BRB are each packing a minimum of 2.7625e46 joules (SS level) in their hammer throws."

and the fact that your trying to justify a downgrade based on something nonsensical that happened on a completly different site is totally wrong in many ways

CitizenSentry said:
Yes i did actually.
If you want to talk about one off feats then why isn't Silver Surfer classed as Nigh-Omnipotent, because as any Silver Surfer fan will tell you Silver Surfer was granted godhood by the Living Tribunal.

There are even entire pages devoted to debunking some of Thor's more ridiculous feats.
1. It was never stated or implied that Silver Surfer recived a omiprsent raiting in any of those comics in which he recived his godhood

2. Comic is not a reliable source, because honeslty they have some of the worst downplayers/wakers in the vs comm.

3.read 2

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
CitizenSentry said:
Yes i did actually.

1. It was never stated or implied that Silver Surfer recived a omiprsent raiting in any of those comics in which he recived his godhood
2. Comic is not a reliable source, because honeslty they have some of the worst downplayers/wakers in the vs comm.

3.read 2
1. It was explicity shown in Silver Surfer #31 Volume 3. He was also shown to be Omnipotent when he created his own universe when the Shaper Of Worlds gave Silver Surfer his powers.

2. Comic Vine is an incredibly reliable source, we use feats/scans to back up our arguments and not hype / tiering systems. I'm not knocking the tiering system but it isn't exactly reliable for gauging power. (I.e Thor being a solar system buster).

3. Just did and we do not downplay anyone, we may have fun with characters to annoy fanboys but when we partake in CAV's we adhere to a strict rule of no lowballing/highballing although some fanboys do not stick to this unwritten rule.

CitizenSentry said:
CitizenSentry said:
Yes i did actually.

3.read 2
1. It was explicity shown in Silver Surfer #31 Volume 3. He was also shown to be Omnipotent when he created his own universe when the Shaper Of Worlds gave Silver Surfer his powers.
2. Comic Vine is an incredibly reliable source, we use feats/scans to back up our arguments and not hype / tiering systems. I'm not knocking the tiering system but it isn't exactly reliable for gauging power. (I.e Thor being a solar system buster).

3. Just did and we do not downplay anyone, we may have fun with characters to annoy fanboys but when we partake in CAV's we adhere to a strict rule of no lowballing/highballing although some fanboys do not stick to this unwritten rule.

1. Was that classic SS or Morden 616 that recivied godhood? Becasue we only have the Morden 616 here

2. No it's not, i've seen dozens of pges over there wanking and downplaying insane amount of characters there and if you have a problem with the tiering system make a thread for it and i suggest asking the people who made the revised tiering list here your quetions becasue i'm not sure you get it....

3. I find that hard to believe....

Please look at the calc and read over it carfuly as you as it seems did not
and if you read the bottom to paragraphs of what the calc says it stated that

"Now let's try it without cutting out the center area. Surface gravity for this version is 938.28 g. This raises the overall GBE to 5.525e46.

Again, both of these are very low-end, as the portal was behind the star I scaled it from, and it exploded pretty damn quickly, so way more than the minimum GBE was unleashed there. At the very least, we can say Thor and BRB are each packing a minimum of 2.7625e46 joules (SS level) in their hammer throws."

and the fact that your trying to justify a downgrade based on something nonsensical that happened on a completly different site is totally wrong in many ways
And the fact that these calculations put them at Supernova levels COMBINED i fail to see how Thor ALONE is a Solar System, but hey FanCalcs am i right?

I have blocked the OP for a highly disrespectful attitude towards the wiki, its members, and tiering system. He would likely have turned into an ongoing time-consuming problem, if we had let him stay around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back